unemployment benifts for non-citizens....

My husband has worked here for 15 yrs, legally, has a SSN and cannot get unemployment benefits. He wants to become a citizen but it's expensive and he can't afford it right now.

It cost me just a shade under $3000 to get my green card (costs for processing the application, plus costs for all the medical tests). How much does it cost to become a citizen (not that I'm going to bother)?

I still find it rather annoying that I had to have an aids test when I applied for my green card. In theory, I now have to disclose that fact when I apply for medical insurance, which leads to the assumption that I'm in a high-risk group.

Yeah! Mother'uckers tested me for AIDS and syphilis and gave me a tetanus shot before they gave my card :D Asswipes :) And they made me pay for all that too ... :eek: Water under ze bridge, now my green card is expired anyway. :smoke: (no, I don't live in the US anymore ... disclaimer for all the gung-ho anti-immigrationists)

And TB! Don't forget the chest x-rays for TB!

It cost me just a shade under $3000 to get my green card (costs for processing the application, plus costs for all the medical tests). How much does it cost to become a citizen (not that I'm going to bother)?

I still find it rather annoying that I had to have an aids test when I applied for my green card. In theory, I now have to disclose that fact when I apply for medical insurance, which leads to the assumption that I'm in a high-risk group.

Yeah! Mother'uckers tested me for AIDS and syphilis and gave me a tetanus shot before they gave my card :D Asswipes :) And they made me pay for all that too ... :eek: Water under ze bridge, now my green card is expired anyway. :smoke: (no, I don't live in the US anymore ... disclaimer for all the gung-ho anti-immigrationists)

You had to have x-rays for TB? Bastards! :D No, I didn't have to have those done as I had all my shots for TB et al. ;)

You had to have x-rays for TB? Bastards! :D No, I didn't have to have those done as I had all my shots for TB et al. ;)

Oh, I was up to date with all my shots - my company insisted that those of us who did a lot of international travel always kept up to date.

I suppose the INS has to be extra special with people who are coming to America from countries that have third-world healthcare. Like Britain.

It wasn't all bad though. The doctor the U.S. Embassy sent me to was a stunning and mildly flirtatious early thirties blonde chick. She roared with laughter when I said at the end "Are you quite sure you don't need to examine me just a bit longer?"

Oh, I was up to date with all my shots - my company insisted that those of us who did a lot of international travel always kept up to date.

I suppose the INS has to be extra special with people who are coming to America from countries that have third-world healthcare. Like Britain.

Well, I came from the Czech Republic - a formerly communist country :D I don't think there's that much of a difference between UK and CZ healthcare - at least system-wise. :) I actually got my green card rather long after I entered the country, so it might have something to do with that as well. :)

Simply a big LIE! Stop with the making things up!

no one is making anything up....if anything...you are an idiot to believe what you have been told....come into the real world of ILLEGAL immigration....just turn left,at the stop sign.....and you will enter the land of entitlements.....now known as Mexifornia....dont be afraid to talk to them....they dont bite like you have been told...and no doubt believe...

My husband has worked here for 15 yrs, legally, has a SSN and cannot get unemployment benefits. He wants to become a citizen but it's expensive and he can't afford it right now.

Nesar. most people aren't against legal immigration...not at all. What we're against is the illegal immigration. It costs the states billions of dollars a year. just sayin...

Nesar. most people aren't against legal immigration...not at all. What we're against is the illegal immigration. It costs the states billions of dollars a year. just sayin...

Sweetie, I know ...

Besides that, what is the difference in 'cost' of legal immigrants and illegal immigrants? Just askin'... I'd really appreciate a link with the cost breakdown ;)

Haven't you noticed that the clowns in DC are all self serving idiots? All you have to do is look at immigration reform. Neither party wants to stop the flow of illegal aliens. Why you ask? Well they are all courting the Hispanic vote thats why. They don't care how much money the illegals cost we the taxpayer. They consider that money well spent. I can hardly wait to hear Obamas plan for immigration reform. Boy howdy. That will be a good one.

Sweetie, I know ...

Besides that, what is the difference in 'cost' of legal immigrants and illegal immigrants? Just askin'... I'd really appreciate a link with the cost breakdown ;)

I tried, but I came up with nothing on a study of the cost between the 2 groups. I do know that illegals do get social services for their children, I think the biggest impact may be in law enforcement, Neser. In Ca. the penal system is ripe with illegal immigrants, last I heard was 1 our of 4 were in that category.

Sweetie, I know ...

I tried, but I came up with nothing on a study of the cost between the 2 groups. I do know that illegals do get social services for their children, I think the biggest impact may be in law enforcement, Neser. In Ca. the penal system is ripe with illegal immigrants, last I heard was 1 our of 4 were in that category.

Yeah, their children are legally considered Americans and since they're Americans, they are entitled to take an advantage of the social services.

Truth is, illegal immigration is no joke and it definitely should be reduced if not done away with, so please don't think I'm supporting illegal immigration in any shape or form.

You Americans have to push the fuckfaces in DC to start implementing effective strategies - just please don't do it by spreading hatred towards illegal immigrants or because you hate illegal immigrants. Many of them, if they could choose, would never move out of their home-towns if they weren't made to do so by a combination of reasons (usually economical). It so happens that there are many criminals present among them, even though I'd argue it is a very low percentage.

I simply don't want anyone equating illegals with criminals. Many of them are victims of very unfortunate circumstances - not all, of course.

The biggest thieves in so called entitlements comes from private business, not users of the system. KBR and Halliburton have been convicted of over billing th government of hundreds of millions yet we still do business with them,this must stop. Private business makes over 80% profit on those scooters, stealing like this must stop.Diabetic and catheters, million in free money for these thieves, jail them all!

Last edited:
The biggest thieves in so called entitlements comes from private business, not users of the system. KBR and Halliburton have been convicted of over billing th government of hundreds of millions yet we still do business with them,this must stop. Private business makes over 80% profit on those scooters, stealing like this must stop.Diabetic and catheters, million in free money for these thieves, jail them all!

so you gave up on your claim on how ILLEGALS dont get Unemployment or other bennies have we?.....

Forum List

Back