Unemployment Benefits are Becoming a Dependence Problem

There are no longer entry-level labor jobs out there that pay enough to live adequately, those days are gone.

There are loads of skilled labor positions, but not enough workers to fill it. Training for many of them have high costs with a minimum of a years time to be up to speed to do the job adequately.

Now I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe..... just maybe...... Nobody is hiring?

Correct.

Moreover, many occupation fields – such as construction and warehouse inventory – are gone and likely never to come back, at least not at the level we saw before the December 2007 recession.

Otherwise, the notion that UC causes some sort of ‘dependency’ is rightwing nonsense, yet another example of conservative ignorance and hate.

There are no longer entry-level labor jobs out there that pay enough to live adequately, those days are gone.

There are loads of skilled labor positions, but not enough workers to fill it. Training for many of them have high costs with a minimum of a years time to be up to speed to do the job adequately.

Bullshit, entry level labor jobs have always paid shitty wages that were tough to get by on. Work hard and within 4-5yrs you are in the good money, the same as it's always been.

Problem is too many show up today wanting to wear a white hat day 1 and are not willing to start at the bottom. Tell them to dig a hole or move a pile of lumber and they get to asking "why"? or complaining that "licensed Jim isn't doing it why should I"? or some other bullshit whine.

There might be 1 in 10 worth a pinch of coon shit showing up on the job sites any more.

Bullshit, entry level labor jobs have always paid shitty wages that were tough to get by on. Work hard and within 4-5yrs you are in the good money, the same as it's always been.

Problem is too many show up today wanting to wear a white hat day 1 and are not willing to start at the bottom. Tell them to dig a hole or move a pile of lumber and they get to asking "why"? or complaining that "licensed Jim isn't doing it why should I"? or some other bullshit whine.

There might be 1 in 10 worth a pinch of coon shit showing up on the job sites any more.

4 or 5 years and you are in the good money? You are a joke.

What apprenticeship runs more than 5yrs, provided of course the apprentice gets his schooling done in that time? Or do you not consider tradesman wages good money?

What apprenticeship runs more than 5yrs, provided of course the apprentice gets his schooling done in that time? Or do you not consider tradesman wages good money?

Entry level labor is not something that comes with schooling and apprenticeships. Now you are backtracking. You are beginning to disgust me.

Entry level labor is not something that comes with schooling and apprenticeships. Now you are backtracking. You are beginning to disgust me.

You can be disgusted all you want, I don't give a fuck, but I see it and live it every day. All trades start out as "labor" for lack of a better word. Electricians pull wire, carpenters move wood, dig holes, and swing the hammer, block layers carry the blocks, etc.
Do you honestly think I'm going to put a green worker in a quarter million dollar excavator? No, he's going to dig holes for a year or so until I see he's worth the effort and expense to teach.

Christ even true laborers move up the ladder with experience.

You really do need to figure out a way to fill bellies with excuses you could cure world hunger.

You are in the bubble. Laborers work years nowadays and never earn a living wage. You are talking like these are the 60's and 70's.

Wages are stagnant. Your perception is false your philosophy is corrupt.

You need to do some rethinking. Please do so.

True, to a point. You're not factoring in for inflation, which increases at a much higher rate than average wages for labor jobs. People make way more in numbers than they did 50 years ago, but they get less value for it.

You are in the bubble. Laborers work years nowadays and never earn a living wage. You are talking like these are the 60's and 70's.

Yes, I'm in that bubble that writes checks every week. You are just talking out of your ass about something you know fuck all about.

Yes, I'm in that bubble that writes checks every week. You are just talking out of your ass about something you know fuck all about.

You are lying. It is easy to see.

Oh? Never said any such thing? My mistake.

Forum List

Back