Unemployemnt rate due to rise in Oregon even more

Sep 12, 2008
We had a special election today. The legislature wanted to create a new set of tax rates. Oregon supposedly has a two tier tax rate, but the higher rate comes in on incomes so low that it was almost a flat tax.

That has now been fixed. New tax rates will go into affect on higher income earners and corporations.

Given Oregon's already very unfriendly to business climate, I don't see much hope of businesses expanding.

So Oregon voters have shown they want to be first in the nation at something, and it looks like unemployment rate is going to be it.

We had a special election today. The legislature wanted to create a new set of tax rates. Oregon supposedly has a two tier tax rate, but the higher rate comes in on incomes so low that it was almost a flat tax.

That has now been fixed. New tax rates will go into affect on higher income earners and corporations.

Given Oregon's already very unfriendly to business climate, I don't see much hope of businesses expanding.

So Oregon voters have shown they want to be first in the nation at something, and it looks like unemployment rate is going to be it.

Oregon is such a beautiful state. I auditioned and was accepted to the Ashland Oregon Shakespeare Festival in 1975 and worked with some really great people during the summer season. The signs when entering Oregon and leaving California were a hoot (Don't Californicate Oregon). The people were just great. A state of nothing but good impressions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back