Underwear and the Economy

If everything is equal, underware sales are a good indicator. Unfortunately, everything is not equal. In this recession, jobs have gone away that will NEVER come back. The economy is still in free fall with jobs falling by the way side all over the place.

If we stop the freefall, we more than likely will recover in place, with a new lower level of employment and lessened expectations. That will be the new reality.

If everything is equal, underware sales are a good indicator. Unfortunately, everything is not equal. In this recession, jobs have gone away that will NEVER come back. The economy is still in free fall with jobs falling by the way side all over the place.

If we stop the freefall, we more than likely will recover in place, with a new lower level of employment and lessened expectations. That will be the new reality.

I'm sorry you lost your shirt in the recession. But,,,if you go to Canada you can get some undies for .99 cents!

Or how old your undies are show the economic climate:

How your undies track the recession - MSN Money

Well shit, all we need to do is convince men to buy new underwear and we'll be out of the recession. How hard could that be?

I really don't need any underwear at the moment though. Last year when I was on vacation, I was splitting time between my parent's and girlfriend's place, and when I went to my girlfriend's, I forgot to take me undies. I did that twice, and twice I ran to Target to buy new ones. Now I have around 20 pair, most of them still brand new. Damn, if it's left up to me, this could be a really long recession.

I'm sorry you lost your shirt in the recession. But,,,if you go to Canada you can get some undies for .99 cents!

I have not lost anything in "This Depression." I warned anyone and everyone that we had multiple bubbles that were going to burst, Real Estate and the Stock Market. I was entirely in bonds in December of 2007 and have only been out of bonds on three occasions to pick up dead cat bounces. I caught his current rise at the beginning in March, but am out of the market now. I am considering buying some DXD and sitting on the sidelines. If I did, I guess I would be cheering the Depression on, and I do not know if I could be comfortable with such a position. For a month or so, I guess I could hold a position like that. Any longer, and I would get depressed. That is like cheering against your own country in a world war.

It is an economic world war out there, ya know.

I have not lost anything in "This Depression." I warned anyone and everyone that we had multiple bubbles that were going to burst, Real Estate and the Stock Market. I was entirely in bonds in December of 2007 and have only been out of bonds on three occasions to pick up dead cat bounces. I caught his current rise at the beginning in March, but am out of the market now. I am considering buying some DXD and sitting on the sidelines. If I did, I guess I would be cheering the Depression on, and I do not know if I could be comfortable with such a position. For a month or so, I guess I could hold a position like that. Any longer, and I would get depressed. That is like cheering against your own country in a world war.

It is an economic world war out there, ya know.

Yes, thank you for sharing!

I'm struggling, but I'd still give you the shirt off my back if you needed it!

New Topics

Forum List

Back