Understanding the wealth of the poor

Some poor folks want to vote in bread and circuses.
Some rich folks want to buy the votes to assure their continued wealth and power.
I'm tired of hearing both groups whine.

Link for Cut and Paste: How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America

Federal state and local spending on the poor totals $6 trillion a year, every year, year in and year out; apparently forever. This means that every year the government spends, on the poor, 6 times what the the top 400 Americans have been able to accumulate over many generations. Or, not to confuse liberals, this means the poor have, in effect, a net wealth of $100 trillion in order that the government can generate $6 trillion yearly from it in welfare payments of various sorts for the poor. $100 trillion is far more than $1.5 trillion( the net worth of the top 400 Americans).

And lets not forget that America's poor are rich in other ways beyond what liberal welfare provides:

The following are facts about persons defined as “poor” by the Census Bureau, taken from a variety of government reports:

46 percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.

80 percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, in 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.

Only six percent of poor households are overcrowded; two thirds have more than two rooms per person.

The typical poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)

cut short per usmb copyright rules~Care
the poor have no ''wealth'' in this country....shoot, i think i saw a chart that showed 50% of the people in this country only have/own 3% of this country's wealth...i am pretty certain the poor own none of that 3%....or whatever the low percentage was....

Understanding the wealth of the poor

The wealth of the poor is their own sense of dignity that is prescribed by God Himself.

You may oppress them but it is God who protects them. You dismiss them as irrelevant. but "They are always with us"

It is not the poor that is giving the oppressors a hard time, but the witnesses to the poor who see the acts committed against them.

If not us, God Himself is witness. You may mock if you like. Your choice.

Forum List

Back