Understanding the Factions of the Electorate: the Glue that Binds Them

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
I feel like I can really speak to this topic because I started out life as an uber-left college aged democrat 20-something and have aged towards the middle and pragmatism. Yet I came from a family filled with republicans of the old-school type. I've heard it all, all the complaining, all the woes.

OK, so this thread is inspired by something I heard Lindsey Graham say today on Fox News. He was lamenting about how Trump's followers might be brought around by telling them their support of Trump was hurting the republican party. I almost fell off my chair laughing. They are with the RINO Trump precisely TO hurt the republican party...willingly and happily.

Let me explain.

There isn't anymore "brand loyalty" in any significant numbers with regards to the GOP label. The reason this is so isn't at first what most might be thinking (how badly the name "Bush"..and Cheney..destroyed the label). It's because what used to hold the GOP together was a glue called "Christianity". And Christianity has been under calculated assault from the new cult trying to replace it, as well as internal erosion from Bible-thumping hypocrites lodged within the fold.

So it is accurate to say that the demise of the GOP is directly related to the demise of true Christian values that are quiet, persistent and reliable.

The left has glue. The left has a cult now; which has recently risen above mere religion to gain special protected status that can put other religions in jail if they fail to play along...thank you very much..

The middle is a group of people lost. They feel betrayed and abandoned by leaders on both sides. So they have become utterly jaded and not loyal to anyone. What they deeply desire is a leader who makes sense, who is strong...and who isn't a member of a whacked out (LGBT) or insipid (neo-Christian) religion which lays down and takes it up the keister in either case; literally or figuratively. They see the right as having no more real, actual, authentic glue. All that's left in that glue are just calcified extreme right talking points. While their main concern from the assault from the far left gets a complete pass. In other words, how do you respect "Christian" when Christian has no backbone and all that's left is an insipid, fruitless, shrieking pulpit-puppet saying "believe me no matter how spineless and ineffectual I've become!".

The middle doesn't want that. And, they don't want American children stripped legally of either a father or mother for life, or taught how cool it is to have anal sex after recess in the 5th grade. So they are caught..well...in the middle...for very tangible reasons. They feel abandoned by both extremes. And that's why I found it hilarious that Lindsey Graham was actually believing that the GOP brand-loyalty might be a way to draw Trump supporters back into the GOP. :lmao: Why? What would they gain from it besides a glue-less shell that does nothing but spout rhetoric without backing it up?

I mean...get a clue! Know your electorate.

Great work BTW, eliminating Chris Christie from the lineup...the only one with the quiet fortitude to give the GOP a spine once again and reinstall basic Christian values of both conservativism AND compassion. Don't worry. The Trump supporters will expect the GOP to insert another insipid puppet that can be bought by either oil or Soros money just like all the rest.

So while Fox News does its best to cordially drum a spine out of its body (Christie), and simultaneously laments why they are losing voters in droves to a candidate with a spine (Trump), I laugh and laugh and laugh at the effectiveness of a former democrat pulling a Ralph Nader as a favor to a neo-cult to finally and completely extinguish all vestiges of any glue left in the GOP and the GOP itself by extension.

We need two parties but we are very very close to only having one. And, you can't really blame Donald Trump. He's just a businessman at the end of the day...

And BTW, as effective as Kasich might be as a leader, nobody sees "spine" when they hear him try to get fired up. You can't fake authenticity and when people are jaded as hell, their instincts are extremely sharp. They will smell the ruse. It would've been better to line up a Christie /Kasich ticket instead of the opposite. Because with Christie, the Trump-electorate transfer would've actually happened. It won't now. Kasich is a likeable guy and would probably do well near the Oval Office. But when the middle is CRAVING a spine, attempting to insert one at the last minute in a man who is not spineless, but more reserved, will gain nothing but Trumpsters' suspicions and apathy. Christie was the only one who could get them fired up. And BTW, as the campaign moves into the South and more liberal states, that pat Christie gave Obama on the back might not be so horrific to middle black and other minority voters who would see that as a treatment of equals between blacks and whites...

Bush taking Christie's place is probably one of the worst mistakes ever. He CANNOT get elected. If you think anyone in the middle is craving W-2, you are smoking some serious dope. All Bush is doing is siphoning Christie's chance at getting into the next debate away from him. A last ditch hope would be to expunge the unelectable Rubio (too young/inexperienced, can't stand up to Hillary) or Bush (c'mon, somebody has to sit this guy down and spell out reality) and talk those voters into backing Christie. So if you think about it, once again the Bush family dynasty is going to deliver another blow to the GOP out of their own narcissistic addiction to ultimate power: the GOP itself be damned..

There's still time. But the clock is ticking. Let's see how quick the GOP is to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory..

Last edited:
From my point of view the focus on Christianity in the GOP is a recent addition.
Nope. You are likely too young to remember the old GOP. It was made up of just stalwart people who believed in slower change and compassion towards their fellow men. Today's "Christianity" would be unrecognizable; as would today's GOP.

From my point of view the focus on Christianity in the GOP is a recent addition.
Nope. You are likely too young to remember the old GOP. It was made up of just stalwart people who believed in slower change and compassion towards their fellow men. Today's "Christianity" would be unrecognizable; as would today's GOP.

I was born in 1970. I remember the Moral Majority. I remember Ralph Reed. I remember office holders and candidates going out of their way to not bring religion into discussions on public policy. And I remember my elders saying the same thing.

I was born in 1970. I remember the Moral Majority. I remember Ralph Reed. I remember office holders and candidates going out of their way to not bring religion into discussions on public policy. And I remember my elders saying the same thing.
1970 was post-oldschool. Sorry, you were born directly in the metamorphosis. These were all newcomers and the shells of "change from within" that I spoke about in the OP. Tools of the Master Trickster. And His job is nearly complete.

You didn't think its neo cult on the left could've risen as strongly as it did without a nudge to some erosion from the only opposition from deep within its core did you? Every good businessman knows you send in moles to the competition to erode them from within before you attempt a hostile takeover..

The middle has seen this is so. Maybe not in so many esoteric terms. But they feel it is so. Which may be more of a motivation in the end. They hunger for true morality and spine in a nearly complete vacuum of those vital leadership qualities.

One candidate has them, but he was just drummed out. The moles are doing their job for their Master very, very well. Even if they are unaware of the Ultimate Outcome of their work...they think they're self-actuating. They believe they are smart. And they won't realize the errors they've made in their judgment until they feel the sting of the axe on the back of their necks.

Last edited:
I could see this as a sane lineup. Christie POTUS. Kasich VP. Trump Cabinet member: Department of Commerce. It won't be of course because that would be rock solid and solve a host of problems just in the nick of time. I mean, we all know any other arrangement is pure fluff and would fall flat on its face from structural issues within 6 months. But certain-failure to rescue our country has never stopped "the machine" from making the wrong choice so reliably you can set your watch by it.

They'll just keep mis-judging the electorate until even the puppetmasters admit we are on the brink. And by then of course it will be too late..

Strap on your sealtbelts because I'm really going to get esoteric here...

In short, there are values on the right worth not compromising. And there are values on the left that are worth not compromising. But the Master has tricked both into promoting the wrong ones to the forefront at the expense of our country, and by extension, humanity. Rex Muni is sitting on a throne called "political-correctness" (in both extremes) whereby he has manipulated the monkey mind to believe doing what is easy to belong is better than doing what is right. Immediate social rebuke is the whip He employs to keep the factions in line. People even sense and know something they're up to is wrong. They feel it in their gut but the pressure of social rebuke is so effective that they won't budge even to save themselves.

He is grinning ear to ear and drooling with delight at the fray which is finally going to pound true human decency into extinction...and that excellent idea of American democracy along with it...

No responses..so..nobody really wants to debate the properties of the electorate. Either that means folks totally agree with the OP, or they don't want this topic kicked around at all.

I wonder which one it is? ..lol..

No responses..so..nobody really wants to debate the properties of the electorate. Either that means folks totally agree with the OP, or they don't want this topic kicked around at all.

Neither, actually. I would imagine most people are simply bored with your constant/convoluted whines about gay people. The only thing different about this thread is that you peppered in the some mumbo jumbo about factions of the electorate.

Yeah, right now people are bored with what's going on with Trump's people.. mmm hmmm

Never seems to bother them on other topics... The Gay Agenda is the glue that binds the left....and you damn well know it.

Well what do you know? People are talking now about how the Trumpsters don't give a rat's about labels. Hmm...who came up with that one?

I'm hearing the talking heads again saying how they're going to convince Trumpsters that Donald Trump has liberal ideas...THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS WILL CHANGE THE TRUMPSTERS.

Wow RNC, get a clue and get one fast. The Trumpsters do not, will not, cannot give one shit about a label. They know Trump has been successful "using whatever means" and this is what attracts them to him: his dynamism. So citing "whatever means" as a way of scattering his flock will actually fuse them closer to Trump's side!!

The only way to defeat Trump is to insert his equal back into the race. The one guy you had up until this week who actually is a conservative, but an individualistic and gritty one with all the qualities of "take no prisoners" like Trump has, minus the insanity and vote-dividing potential..

...hurry up and get a clue...the clock is ticking. Whiney-voiced Cruz or establishment Bush aren't going to pull off an effective attack that will stick. At the end of the day after next debate is the question "will Trump still be popular?" And the answer to that is "yes, absolutely". That's because the planned attack will only make him stronger....because his followers will perceive the attacks came from men who are Trump's inferiors. One man was his equal but the Rove machine apparently decided he should go bye-bye.

Neither, actually. I would imagine most people are simply bored with your constant/convoluted whines about gay people. The only thing different about this thread is that you peppered in the some mumbo jumbo about factions of the electorate.

And lots of random capitalization. Rex Muni, the 'Master', 'His', the 'Master Trickster'.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is what mental illness looks like.

Mental illness is actually defined in the DSM as seeing reality, whether it is between one's legs or in a movement such as Donald Trumps...and ignoring that reality while insisting on a strategic plan of action based on the false reality one stubbornly attempts to embrace.

It is akin to staring down a freight train coming right at you and saying "that's not a train, it's a mirage...I can define it as a loaf of bread and it will become a loaf of bread if I convince the conductor that he's actually driving a loaf of bread"..."I can use words to defeat the momentum of that train...I can reinvent the reality of "what a train is"...if I just keep pretending long enough.."

I cannot agree or disagree with the OP as written. The entire view of factions is what makes identifying current political beliefs so difficult.

Before the Information Age, voters had a limited set of sources to get their political news and information. I clearly remember a time when voters took their lead from editorials in the current newspapers.

Now, everyone has political views and news at their fingertips and an entirely new political climate is with us. Both sides of a story are now available to us and we have 24 hours news channels that fight to find things to put on the air for the sake of their ratings.

Factions. Just a wider range of activity and outlook.

The current political mood of disaffection is a direct result of this increase in availability of information.

Like herding cats. They are very finicky about the brand of cat food they'll eat too. If Trump's offering Meow Mix and his kittens like Meow Mix, the rest of the gang can try to scold and lure them in with Friskies, but it's never going to work. You can shove a bowl of Friskies in front of a cat but you can't make them eat.

Here's what i don't get . Righties shit all over "rinos" , but at the same time worship Reagan . Old Ron would be the biggest Rino in today's GOP .

Here's what i don't get . Righties shit all over "rinos" , but at the same time worship Reagan . Old Ron would be the biggest Rino in today's GOP .
Actually there is one bigger than Reagan...Dick Cheney.. He is a 5-time draft dodger. Both he and his wife were raised by democrat parents. He has a lesbian daughter and he himself is pro gay marriage. He fairly recently went on public record praising Obama for the Bin Laden affair (you know, where the body conveniently wasn't shown to the public to confirm the actual cause of death).

And unlike Reagan, Cheney isn't dead. He still sits near the head of the advisory team via his mouthpiece, the Rove-machine, that guides the strategic moves of the RNC. Wake up RNC, there's a fox in the hen house... From all accounts, they lost 2008, 2012 and are now on the fast track to losing 2016....from all that "good advice on the electorate" they've been getting from the Rove machine.. (Cheney)

Forum List

Back