Understanding H.R. 3200

Call me crazy. Call me the proverbial "Kool-Aid Drinker".
I'll just call you an innocent dupe, a Mark for the con, and ask you why the site you're hawking didn't explain any of this:

HR 3200
Under this section:

‘‘TITLE XXXI—PREVENTION AND WELLNESS
‘‘Subtitle A—Prevention and Wellness Trust
‘‘Sec. 3111. Prevention and Wellness Trust.
‘‘Subtitle B—National Prevention and Wellness Strategy
‘‘Sec. 3121. National Prevention and Wellness Strategy.
‘‘Subtitle C—Prevention Task Forces <---- lays out the "volunteer program"
‘‘Sec. 3131. Task Force on Clinical Preventive Services.
‘‘Sec. 3132. Task Force on Community Preventive Services. <---- Talks about door to door weighing, wellness check.
‘‘Subtitle D—Prevention and Wellness Research
‘‘Sec. 3141. Prevention and wellness research activity coordination. <---- "Activity coordination" sets up the bureaucracy to handle the "community organizers" for this.
‘‘Sec. 3142. Community prevention and wellness research grants. <----- How ACORN and others get paid for this.

They visit your home, weigh you, check your fridge and interview you about your dietary habits.... Money for this goes to ACORN. The "wellness police."

It's little wonder they wanted to push this bill through before anyone could read it. And it's NO wonder this isn't explained or talked about anywhere.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: oh jeee zuz we are so fucked!

I'll just call you an innocent dupe, a Mark for the con, and ask you why the site you're hawking didn't explain any of this:

HR 3200
Under this section:

‘‘Sec. 3132. Task Force on Community Preventive Services. <---- Talks about door to door weighing, wellness check.
‘‘Sec. 3141. Prevention and wellness research activity coordination. <---- "Activity coordination" sets up the bureaucracy to handle the "community organizers" for this.
‘‘Sec. 3142. Community prevention and wellness research grants. <----- How ACORN and others get paid for this.

They visit your home, weigh you, check your fridge and interview you about your dietary habits.... Money for this goes to ACORN. The "wellness police."

It's little wonder they wanted to push this bill through before anyone could read it. And it's NO wonder this isn't explained or talked about anywhere.

There were more explanations. I'm not sure whether or not you went to the site. I just posted the section on uncompensated care. Just about every congressional district I went to was $80 million plus. Of course that is different populations. Since I live in KY, and KY is in the middle of nowhere, we have a pretty large district.

you think they(ins co's) are being quiet right now about the public option that will be a taxpayer funded competeter to them? Those in charge know the public option, in the long term, will put all private options out of business. I can grab you some youtube links of barney frank and a few others in congress stating this as being the goal of a public option if you would like. Thats why people like Nancy Pelosi have come out and said the insurance lobby has tied up HR3200.

After the last 8 years of Bush and the legacy of programs like Social Security, native american health care, poor va care, and other govt programs that are not run well I just can't bring myself to trust the same people with something as important as my health care.

The only thing that can change my mind on this is if the govt fixes the programs they are already running poorly and in a bankrupt state.

If they can just fix Social Security i may even entertain them doing stuff with my health care.

you think they(ins co's) are being quiet right now about the public option that will be a taxpayer funded competeter to them? Those in charge know the public option, in the long term, will put all private options out of business. I can grab you some youtube links of barney frank and a few others in congress stating this as being the goal of a public option if you would like. Thats why people like Nancy Pelosi have come out and said the insurance lobby has tied up HR3200.

After the last 8 years of Bush and the legacy of programs like Social Security, native american health care, poor va care, and other govt programs that are not run well I just can't bring myself to trust the same people with something as important as my health care.

The only thing that can change my mind on this is if the govt fixes the programs they are already running poorly and in a bankrupt state.

If they can just fix Social Security i may even entertain them doing stuff with my health care.

No, insurance companies are not being quiet. One of the senators of my state received $3.1 million from insurance companies and different private healthcare sectors. I know that one of his biggest contributors is Kindred Healthcare. Take a stroll sometime through one of their facilities, if you get a chance. Of course he is going to support them. Most people can't offer that kind of dough. It's sickening.

You may entertain them with your healthcare? Healthcare providers have a duty to act-legally and ethically. From a provider's position, not a lot is going to change. By them, I'm guessing that you mean the gov't?

HR 3200
Under this section:

I'm trying to locate the "wellness police" from ACORN. Where can I find that? Link?

:eek:

HR 3200
Under this section:

I'm trying to locate the "wellness police" from ACORN. Where can I find that? Link?
Reasonable request, but so hard to find, though we know it's buried there somewhere.

If it's too hard to read for paid legislators, ti's too hard to unleash on the citizens.

HR 3200
Under this section:

You have a link to this bill in it's entirety, correct? You have been reading it, informing yourself, right? Been studying it? Using critical thought and research? Not depending on partisan websites to spoon feed you the kool aid talking points?

Of fucking course not. Because you're a fucking partisan idiot, a sheep who just wants to see this passed no matter what's in it.

Well, here it is: http://www.stark.house.gov/images/st...ext-071409.pdf It is a PDF, just so's you know.

Go through it, find what I have pointed out, it's title XXXI. Read and weep. Or celebrate, which it looks like you're so inclined.

HR 3200
Under this section:

You have a link to this bill in it's entirety, correct? You have been reading it, informing yourself, right? Been studying it? Using critical thought and research? Not depending on partisan websites to spoon feed you the kool aid talking points?

Of fucking course not. Because you're a fucking partisan idiot, a sheep who just wants to see this passed no matter what's in it.

Well, here it is: http://www.stark.house.gov/images/st...ext-071409.pdf It is a PDF, just so's you know.

Go through it, find what I have pointed out, it's title XXXI. Read and weep. Or celebrate, which it looks like you're so inclined.

Since I'm a partisan idiot, could you please lead me to title 31. I cannot find it. Are you messing with me? :confused:

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

This is the site that I have been visiting. Thanks for the junk site. My computer froze like molasses in January. What a guy.
That was a clean pdf file, of the entire bill. There's no junk in it, you're simply either a liar or have a garbage computer.

The pdf file has a search feature, title XXXI is there, clear as a bell. READ it.

http://www.stark.house.gov/images/stories/111/legislation/AAHCA/aahca-billtext-071409.pdf

The SITE is HOUSE.GOV stupid, hardly a "junk" site.

Last edited:

No, insurance companies are not being quiet. One of the senators of my state received $3.1 million from insurance companies and different private healthcare sectors. I know that one of his biggest contributors is Kindred Healthcare. Take a stroll sometime through one of their facilities, if you get a chance. Of course he is going to support them. Most people can't offer that kind of dough. It's sickening.

You may entertain them with your healthcare? Healthcare providers have a duty to act-legally and ethically. From a provider's position, not a lot is going to change. By them, I'm guessing that you mean the gov't?

I know what you're talking about--Anthem Blue Cross owns the state of Colorado & their premiums are through the roof for single payers.

Therein is where the problem lies. Right now the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT does not allow medical insurance companies to compete beyond states lines. No competition means--it's party time--at the medical insurance agencies.

But--I don't believe our Federal Government could keep a lemonaid stand in profit--much less 7% of this economy--which is health care.

So my idea to fix this problem?

1. Tort reform--but hey good luck with that when 2/3's of our congress are confirmed ambulance chasers.
2. Interstate competition--assuring that medical insurance companies will have to compete with one-another.
3. Tax credits for individual payers of the medical premiums they pay for--set up on a gradual scale per gross income.
4. AND THIS IS WHAT POLTICIANS HATE--but is really the only solution. MANDATE that every American citizen in this country is required to carry medical insurance of their own that they have to pay for. Either employer provided or individual provided--they have got to carry a valid medical insurance card.

Last edited:

I know what you're talking about--Anthem Blue Cross owns the state of Colorado & their premiums are through the roof for single payers.

Therein is where the problem lies. Right now the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT does not allow medical insurance companies to compete beyond states lines. No competition means--it's party time--at the medical insurance agencies.

I don't believe our Federal Government could keep a lemonaid stand in profit--much less 7% of this economy--which is health care.

1. Tort reform--but hey good luck with that when 2/3's of our congress are confirmed ambulance chasers.
2. Interstate competition--assuring that medical insurance companies will have to compete with one-another.
3. Tax credits for individual payers of the medical premiums they pay for--set up on a gradual scale per gross income.
4. AND THIS IS WHAT POLTICIANS HATE--but is really the only solution. MANDATE that every American citizen in this country is required to carry medical insurance of their own that they have to pay for. Either employer provided or individual provided--they have got to carry a valid medical insurance card.

Until insurance companies are willing to cover people, regardless of their pre-existing conditions....I don't see how that will be possible.

I don't believe our Federal Government could keep a lemonaid stand in profit--much less 7% of this economy--which is health care.

Until insurance companies are willing to cover people, regardless of their pre-existing conditions....I don't see how that will be possible.

Many republicans', and democrats' main campaign contributors are private health insurance companies, nursing homes, hospitals...and for the most part, they are the ones who are adamantly against HR 3200. What a surprise. I suspected that.

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

This is the site that I have been visiting. Thanks for the junk site. My computer froze like molasses in January. What a guy.
That was a clean pdf file, of the entire bill. There's no junk in it, you're simply either a liar or have a garbage computer.

The pdf file has a search feature, title XXXI is there, clear as a bell. READ it.

http://www.stark.house.gov/images/stories/111/legislation/AAHCA/aahca-billtext-071409.pdf

The SITE is HOUSE.GOV stupid, hardly a "junk" site.

Hey stooopid. You sound like one of the characters from Idiocracy.

They are going to have to--this is where the federal/ or better yet the state government can step in & say if you refuse to cover people with pre-existing conditions you don't do business in this state.

In fact--my state of Colorado just signed a new bill into law--which does cover Coloradoans who have been denied coverage for pre-existing conditions. What they did is add $3.00 to existing premiums to cover this plan. In essense everyone who has a medical policy in my state is charged an additional $3.00 per month in order to provide affordable coverage to people who are in this bracket.

Last edited:

They are going to have to--this is where the federal/ or better yet the state government can step in & say if you refuse to cover people with pre-existing conditions you don't do business in this state.

In fact--my state of Colorado just signed a new bill into law--which does cover Coloradoans who have been denied coverage for pre-existing conditions. What they did is add $3.00 to existing premiums to cover this plan. In essense everyone who has a medical policy in my state is charged an additional $3.00 per month in order to provide affordable coverage to people who are in this bracket.

I like it!

I like it!

Yeah--I just don't understand we our federal government regulations prohibits medical insurance companies from being able to compete from state to state. Why not?

I also still feel that medical insurance is a state concern--should be handeled by the states & not the federal government.

I have not read the bill--I can't find the nitty gritty details on it. Some people have & what I have heard I really don't like:

Like paying for marraige counseling? Have you heard that?

Call me crazy. Call me the proverbial "Kool-Aid Drinker". Call me a socialist. Call me a Communist. Tell me that we should just, "send them a bill". Accuse me of being a blind follower of "Obamacare". Call me a F*$%ing moron. Call me an idiot. But I found this site interesting.

This is a site at: energycommerce.house.gov. Oh I know....the government is unreliable unless they are paying someone's salary, or they are approving an American-made drug (FDA), and protecting us from the evils of imported drugs). Otherwise....the government is "IN THE WAY!".

Anyway....what this site is attempting to do is to put this bill into laymen's terms, so that average people like myself, might better understand what exactly they are trying to do.

Now, by posting this, I am not trying to say that I agree with everything that the bill proposes.

I read about uncompensated care in my congressional district. Now surely everyone on the right and the left and in between knows that uncompensated care is probably one of the biggest reasons that we are seeking healthcare reform.

But anyway....I live in Kentucky. And this is what I discovered:

"Relieving the burden of uncompensated care for hospitals and health care providers. In 2008, health care providers in the district provided $118 million worth of uncompensated care, care that was provided to individuals who lacked insurance coverage and were unable to pay their bills. Under the legislation, these costs of uncompensated care would be virtually eliminated."

Okay, whether or not the gov't. is the answer. If this is not paid, and we don't get healthcare reform in the manner that is being proposed....who is going to compensate these hospitals for the millions of uncompensated care that they are giving?

I'm just pondering. I welcome both sides of the argument, and hopefully I will get personal opinions and resolutions and not name-calling.

Ideas, anyone?
Great idea. Now if people will just argue the facts instead of making shit up...

Forum List

Back