Undergraduate Degree costs

:eusa_eh:

$72,000 at taxpayers expense?

Sounds like a program that could be cut.

I guarantee you that taxpayers do not pay that much for U of P degrees. They discount their tuition (or at least they used to) to a cap of $250 per credit hour for military. Plus most military people will transfer in some credits as a result of military training thus paying for less actual courses.

*I just checked U of P's website. Military tuition is still $250 per credit for a BA degree. So if a military person comes in with 0 college credits and gets a BA degree from the U of P, it costs taxpayers $30,000 for the entire degree (plus more maybe for some course fees) the military member has to pay for their own books. Certainly not the cheapest out there, but it's a far cry from $72,000.

That sounds better. What is it for a MA?

Masters degree's tuition will vary by subject. They range from $465 to $565 and all the way up to $795 for a PhD, all per credit hour.

Keep in mind to, that these are military tuition rates. For a person with no military affiliation just off the street MA tuition starts at $575 and runs up into the seven hundreds. Again, depending on degree program. Usually Education degrees are cheaper than Business degrees.

There are way more less expensive options out there for graduate degrees.

Last edited:
If we want to reduce education costs why not create a National Recommended Reading List.

Let people schedule tests at colleges and they just have to pass the tests to get credit for the courses. Specify what books are covered for what course.

Education costs go down so people don't have to go into debt.

Easydy E88 – iPad 2 Look and Feel for under $100 | PadGadget

How many free books on the net make that device worth the money? If anything our problem is that the people running our educational institutions can't figure out how to use computers for education, unless they are afraid to.

psik

Try the Military. You get a GI bill and all sorts of incentives. If your body is too precious to risk in combat you can try the Air Force or the Navy. No offense to either quality service branch.

Try the Military. You get a GI bill and all sorts of incentives. If your body is too precious to risk in combat you can try the Air Force or the Navy. No offense to either quality service branch.

So that means the military has a vested interest in not having society using computers to make quality education nearly free.

Look at European history. How much does militarism affect the social-psychology of the culture?

But do nuclear and biological weapons now make that psychology really dangerous?

The Destroyers - Randall Garrett | Feedbooks <- Link

psik

My body is far too old. And far too alien.

And neither of them are nationally accredited! Basically they are 'trade colleges'.

Several years ago, unaccredited colleges made their own accreditation standards, which go largely unrecognized by any nationally accredited college, and usually any savvy employer.

Sorry I don't have a link for you, but the accreditation system is easy to learn about. Pay attention to the accreditation letters and what they mean.

~~I think this is the only time I have ever used the word accreditation so many times in such a short response!

(ahem) - University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.

You are correct, sorry about that....was thinking Phoenix University.

And neither of them are nationally accredited! Basically they are 'trade colleges'.

Several years ago, unaccredited colleges made their own accreditation standards, which go largely unrecognized by any nationally accredited college, and usually any savvy employer.

Sorry I don't have a link for you, but the accreditation system is easy to learn about. Pay attention to the accreditation letters and what they mean.

~~I think this is the only time I have ever used the word accreditation so many times in such a short response!

YOU should probably read up on accreditation again. Nationally accredited colleges are actually inferior to Regionally Accredited colleges. NA is generally a term for accreditation by DETC (Distance Education Training Council). NA = Accredited, but not as good as RA. RA = Accredited by one of several accrediting bodies in the U.S.

U of P while certainly a money grabbing scheme if there ever was one, is actually Regionally Accredited. Just like Harvard, Brown, UNC, WSU, etc, etc.

There are so many colleges out there that offer distance learning and online degrees that anyone going to one of the for profit online only schools needs to do more research and find a more reputable and in 9 out of 10 cases a less expensive degree.

No, I don't think so, but thanks.
My response was basically about the new 'accreditation' that diploma mills concocted on their own vs real college accreditation.

Keep on factor in your mind for the rest of your life that US provides good education but that is also expensive than Uk,infact expansive than any other territory.Uk provides comparatively a cheaper rates of educational degrees.But choose that which is compatible with your self and according to the demands of market.

Hmmmm, a college that is less expensive is not accredited by a more expensive bunch of colleges. How convenient.

And OU is not a trade college BTW. No idea where you got that bit of info.

Back when the US economy wasn't broken 9-10 years ago I knew a guy who went to ITT Tech and he got a high paying job and did pretty well for himself shortly after completing his coursework. He was also hardworking.

Today, recent college grads from accredited colleges are struggling to find work, so recent college grads from unaccredited colleges are desperate for work.

For-Profit Colleges Win Major Concessions in Final 'Gainful Employment' Rule:
For-Profit Colleges Win Major Concessions in Final 'Gainful Employment' Rule - Government - The Chronicle of Higher Education

For-Profit Colleges Win Major Concessions in Final 'Gainful Employment' Rule

Forum List

Back