Under what circumstances, if any, could you see yourself taking up arms against fellow Americans?

There is no question; U.S. troops shot innocent students at Kent State. Who would think troops would not go into combat against the populace?

Those "innocent" students at Kent State had been rioting, vandalizing and destroying shit for 2 days. They were throwing bags of shit, rocks and tear gas canisters back at those troops.

Was shooting back warranted? Probably not, but no one was ever convicted and it was plausible the soldiers were in fear of serious harm or death.

Most troops I know would not go into combat against our own people, unless it was a leftist insurgency.

Shooting back? This carries absurdity to new heights.
The troops should never have even been there and certainly not with loaded weapons.
In fear for their lives! They could have withdrawn. It wasn't the V.C. they were facing, (though that was probably why there were in the N.G., to avoid 'Nam).
The commander should have been hanged.
It was murder.

I'd shoot, and will shoot, any *American* who threatens my life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness.

Pretty basic stuff.
I agree..........thought that would be Obvious though.

Not me

I'd use the powers of the Constitution against them. Freedom of speech, free press, the courts.....just like all loyal Americans
and when that proves to be futile................then what??????????? I would assume the OP is stating at a point when all REASONABLE CHALLENGES have failed....................

Loyal Americans............you would mean only those who agree with you correct......................

aka If they banned all guns in this country would you agree.......................hmmm.

That is not what Nixon was impeached for and Obama never used the IRS against political enemies.....a half dozen Republican investigations has revealed that

Nixon wasn't impeached, but the intent to use the IRS the way Obama did against political enemies is EXACTLY what Goldwater and the Republicans agreed to impeach over.

Ever notice, I post facts, you lie about them, I correct your lies with more facts, then you lie some more, and on the circle goes?

{
A federal judge ordered the IRS this week to turn over the list of 298 groups it targeted for intrusive scrutiny as the agency defends against a potential class-action lawsuit by tea party groups who claim their constitutional rights were violated.

The IRS had argued it shouldn’t have to release the names because doing do would violate privacy laws, but Judge Susan J. Dlott, who sits in the Southern District of Ohio, rejected that claim and ordered the tax agency to turn over any lists or spreadsheets detailing the groups that were targeted and when they filed their applications.

Judge Dlott also ordered the IRS to say whether a partial list of targeted groups reported by USA Today is authentic as a number of tea party groups try to win certification for a class action lawsuit against the IRS.

Read more: IRS ordered to release list of targeted tea party groups - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter}

Obama did what Nixon never did - used the IRS to attack political enemies.

But what the fuck, democrats are kicking in doors and dragging women out in the middle of the night in Wisconsin. democrats are terrorists.

There is no question; U.S. troops shot innocent students at Kent State. Who would think troops would not go into combat against the populace?

Lying again?

Well, you're a democrat, it's what you do.

DEMOCRAT Gov. Rhodes called out the OHIO national guard. These were state guardsmen under the command of the democratic governor, not federal troops.

I'd shoot, and will shoot, any *American* who threatens my life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness.

Pretty basic stuff.

Not me

I'd use the powers of the Constitution against them. Freedom of speech, free press, the courts.....just like all loyal Americans
and when that proves to be futile................then what??????????? I would assume the OP is stating at a point when all REASONABLE CHALLENGES have failed....................

Loyal Americans............you would mean only those who agree with you correct......................

aka If they banned all guns in this country would you agree.......................hmmm.
Been working for over 200 years

Free speech, free press and the vote

Haven't needed those Damned guns once

Lying again?

Well, you're a democrat, it's what you do.

DEMOCRAT Gov. Rhodes called out the OHIO national guard. These were state guardsmen under the command of the democratic governor, not federal troops.

The poster knows nothing about this poster, but says', You're a democrat...". Asses assume too much.

Who here does not know that the National Guard is part of the organization of the US Army? Where is Ohio? Is it part of the US? Were the troops in that unit from the US? Were they not US troops? If not, whose troops were they?

Using the word "lying" should be serious. A person who has used it this way cannot be taken seriously and will not be responded to seriously, if at all.

Pretty basic stuff.

Not me

The Constitution is a colossal failure. You're the living proof of that. A creature like you couldn't exist if the Constitution was doing what it's authors intended it to do.

Pretty basic stuff.

Not me

The Constitution is a colossal failure. You're the living proof of that. A creature like you couldn't exist if the Constitution was doing what it's authors intended it to do.
The Constitution is an incomplete and flawed document. The proof of its flaws is called an amendment. The framers knew it wasn't a sacred text to be kept in stasis and so they wisely built a way to fix any problems that might become evident directly into it. As an example, the federal Supreme Court once ruled that black people aren't really people. That was later excised as batshit stupid. The federal Supreme Court later ruled that unborn people aren't really people. We're still working on excising that for the same reason.

Pretty basic stuff.

Not me

Ohhhhhh...Fingerboy

You know you love and respect me

Those "innocent" students at Kent State had been rioting, vandalizing and destroying shit for 2 days. They were throwing bags of shit, rocks and tear gas canisters back at those troops.

Fuck you. They (students) were engaged in a time honored activity of Americans. Protesting the actions of our elected government.

You don't like idea of protest? Get the fuck outta here.

It seems as if hyperbole abounds these days. I see posts about it all the time about the need for another revolution, and/or why people think their state should break away from the US. It makes it onto talk radio frequently and occasionally even on the news (like when Rick Perry mentioned it a couple of years ago) That's only dwarfed by talk of conspiracies and tyranny (as in judicial tyranny) and a whole host of other alleged abuses of the US Constitution etcetera by whomever is the political villain du jour.

With that said, under what circumstances would you be willing to actually take up arms against or in defense of the gov't? Please be specific.
If the South ever "rises again."

The fatties and white trash that live down south now?? We'd just send in some drones and flush them.... be home in time for Game of Thrones.

It seems as if hyperbole abounds these days. I see posts about it all the time about the need for another revolution, and/or why people think their state should break away from the US. It makes it onto talk radio frequently and occasionally even on the news (like when Rick Perry mentioned it a couple of years ago) That's only dwarfed by talk of conspiracies and tyranny (as in judicial tyranny) and a whole host of other alleged abuses of the US Constitution etcetera by whomever is the political villain du jour.

With that said, under what circumstances would you be willing to actually take up arms against or in defense of the gov't? Please be specific.
If the South ever "rises again."

The fatties and white trash that live down south now?? We'd just send in some drones and flush them.... be home in time for Game of Thrones.
True. Well shoot then I guess there's no reason I'd ever take up arms for the government!

Forum List

Back