Under what circumstances, if any, could you see yourself taking up arms against fellow Americans?

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
It seems as if hyperbole abounds these days. I see posts about it all the time about the need for another revolution, and/or why people think their state should break away from the US. It makes it onto talk radio frequently and occasionally even on the news (like when Rick Perry mentioned it a couple of years ago) That's only dwarfed by talk of conspiracies and tyranny (as in judicial tyranny) and a whole host of other alleged abuses of the US Constitution etcetera by whomever is the political villain du jour.

With that said, under what circumstances would you be willing to actually take up arms against or in defense of the gov't? Please be specific.

It seems as if hyperbole abounds these days. I see posts about it all the time about the need for another revolution, and/or why people think their state should break away from the US. It makes it onto talk radio frequently and occasionally even on the news (like when Rick Perry mentioned it a couple of years ago) That's only dwarfed by talk of conspiracies and tyranny (as in judicial tyranny) and a whole host of other alleged abuses of the US Constitution etcetera by whomever is the political villain du jour.

With that said, under what circumstances would you be willing to actually take up arms against or in defense of the gov't? Please be specific.
If the South ever "rises again."

I took up arms two years ago when I began carrying a licensed concealed pistol.

There are literally millions of "fellow Americans" in this country who would not think twice about shooting me dead for the mere sport of it.

Not sure...but I look forward to the teaper revolution...I am stocked and ready to fight the racist bastards to the bitter end. I pray that day will come. America needs an enema...we need to get rid of the teaper shit.

If anyone tried to suspend the Constitution.
That would occur after a large-scale armed insurrection rather than before so don't do us no favors Jonny Reb.

Don't bet on it.
Widespread chaos and lawlessness are legitimate reasons to declare martial law as well as some sort of dire external threat but notice that it is in reaction to something. Martial law cannot just be declared for no good reason so give me a scenario where the president, absent a threat, can just do that and count on the Army to do the dirty work.

Not sure...but I look forward to the teaper revolution...I am stocked and ready to fight the racist bastards to the bitter end. I pray that day will come. America needs an enema...we need to get rid of the teaper shit.
Calm down, the night nurse will be around with the meds soon.
I hope she doesn't startle me and say something teaperistic.

Seriously...we have a revolution every 2 years. That is the great thing about our republic. The ones who want an armed insurrection (teapers) are the ones who do not believe in democracy.

That is what I look forward to the day these bastards try to start their revolution. They are anti-American, anti-democracy cowards who threaten the American way with threats and violence. They are terrorists...more dangerous to the American people than any killer muslim. They are savages.

Seriously...we have a revolution every 2 years. That is the great thing about our republic. The ones who want an armed insurrection (teapers) are the ones who do not believe in democracy.
It's all just part of a masturbatory fantasy where they get to go shoot people they do not like without fear of the law. They have murder in their hearts but fear prison.

Forum List

Back