Under Obama the middle east is a COMPLETE DISASTER

I don't think that the president made the Middle East any worse.
He just did nothing to make it any better.

It's not Our job or responsibility to make that region "any better". One of the greats said this: "Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence (I conjure you to believe me, fellow-citizens,) the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake; since history and experience prove, that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of Republican Government. But that jealousy, to be useful, must be impartial; else it becomes the instrument of the very influence to be avoided, instead of a defence against it. Excessive partiality for one foreign nation, and excessive dislike of another, cause those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil and even second the arts of influence on the other. Real patriots, who may resist the intrigues of the favorite, are liable to become suspected and odious; while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the people, to surrender their interests."

Quote from John Quincy Adams: [America] goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own. She will commend the general cause by the countenance of her voice, and the benignant sympathy of her example. She well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy, and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standard of freedom.

That is a fucking war not a stat.

Prior to Obama we had dictators that while anti American kept the hate and terrorism in check. Now we've got the fucking UN voting in favor of hammas in palestine. On top of that we're trying to being terrorists from gitmo to American soil ala Feinstein.

You can't be serious, man..
:eusa_eh:

Except for the liberal woman insult, yes I am serious. That was probably over the line but hey.....that's what beer is for.

when has the ME really ever known peace?

Never. But we werent always the target.

What?

We've been a huge target for quite some time.

Iran's democratically elected government was overthrown by agents from the CIA and MI6. The US supported the muj against the Soviets. The US basically installed folks like Hussien, Mubarak and many others. We pay off governments in Jordan, Egypt and Israel. It's US dollars that keep the Saudi Princes in power too.

Crack a book..dude.

Muslim Brotherhood now targeting Jordan - Ruthless rioting threaten...

jihadbroth.jpg

Jordan’s anti-government riots aimed ultimately at removing King Abdullah from power are so severe that the government has turned 10,000 of its soldiers into riot police.
Religious Freedom Coalition President and Founder William Murray said the ruthlessness of the rioting prompted the move.
“The king has given police uniforms to 10,000 soldiers to try to maintain order,” he said.

Those soldiers-turned-police are not the only ones guarding the king. Terrorism analyst and Act for America President Brigitte Gabriel said there are U.S. troops on the ground in Jordan.
“We have actually positioned troops in Jordan to protect King Abdullah,” she said. “We’ve said that the Americans in Jordan are just there in case something happens in Syria so we can be close.”
Gabriel also said the situation has grown more intense: “The reality is, we have placed troops in Jordan so we can protect the royal family in case of an uprising which we are now witnessing before our own eyes.”
Murray reported that aid workers with his organization in Jordan have come astonishingly close to the action.

“The riots in Jordan are about one mile from our warehouse,” he said. “The Muslim Brotherhood has cut all roads between Jordan’s cities.”
Gabriel, who is a native of Lebanon, said the violence is no surprise, and “the Muslim Brotherhood is rising in Jordan.”
She warned that the king’s position is in danger.

“King Abdullah is hanging by a thread,” she said. “He has 20 percent approval in the country. The Muslim Brotherhood sees this as their opportunity to rise up after what they saw happen in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and now Syria.”
However, the king’s decline in approval is a recent development. As WND reported, as recently as October, the king remained popular

Muslim Brotherhood now targeting Jordan - Ruthless rioting threatens king after radical uprisings in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Syria – Part of a Global Dominance Plan: - No Compromise Foundation

Last edited:
That is a fact and it can not be denied. Bush was bad, Obama is horrendous.

I suggest you stop and go hide. This thread may cause you to lose your license to troll. It is ludicrous and something even CrusaderFrank or Willow Tree would be ashamed of posting (well, that's hyperbole, neither of them have any shame whatsoever).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xefZ-80VSPc]Jordan Protests Call for Overthrow of Dictator King US Puppet Zionist Collaborator Troll Abdullah - YouTube[/ame]

Under Obama the ME has been it's usual slaughterhouse self, sick of the whole region, I barely pay attention to it and I damned sure don't take sides. Every big player in the region is soaked in the blood of innocents and bent on extermination of their rivals.

chickens coming home to roost...

who pushed elections in gaza?

who destabilized the middle east by getting rid of the one element that countered iran?

who got rid of a relatively secular regime in iraq to get a radical religious regime entrenched?

who made israel back down against hezbollah?

You have a point about the Iraq war but the rest is bullshit.

the rest is true.

and the iraq war led to everything else.

when daddy bush was running Gulf I, his state department told him not to go to Baghdad.. .that it would destabilize the country and everything would be FUBAR. daddy bush, being smarter than his son, listened to his state department.

you know what his son did... and what the result was... EXACTLY what the state dept said it would be.

that destabilization led to where we are,,,,

forcing elections in Gaza left us with hamas...

making israel stop going after hezbollah made israel look beatable for the first time...

you might not like those things.. but they are what they are.

You wouldn't know what a fact is if it slapped the taste of dick out of your mouth.

The ME is not a U S territory. If it had not been for 9/11 we would not have our forces over there. Obama got bin Ladin and we are scheduled to pull out.

As long as we don't elect any more presidents that claim "god" told em to invade another country. The Arabs and Jews can mind their own buisiness and we can mind ours.

Can you tell us who it is that we're handing billions of dollars to in Egypt?

No. That is a decision for congress. Since the Egyptian goverment has taken a new shape and in fact there is still turmoil over there. They are rioting in the streets as we speak because there in a power struggle between their version of a supreme court and the newly elected leader. Who if anyone in Egypt recieves U S aid now is a good question.

I suggest you stop and go hide. This thread may cause you to lose your license to troll. It is ludicrous and something even CrusaderFrank or Willow Tree would be ashamed of posting (well, that's hyperbole, neither of them have any shame whatsoever).

I should neg you for ruining my drunk posting fun but since you can't help being a douche bag I figure that's punishment enough.

I agree.

Obama has made some very serious mistakes in the past with his idealistic policy of appeasement towards the Islamists. He thought naively that if you were nice to them they would be nice to you, not realizing that they were immediately going to take advantage of him.

His support of the Arab Spring uprisings meant that now every country who had this so called Spring is under Islamist sway!

Recently he seems to have become a bit more worldly-wise and realistic, has supported the killing of Bin Laden, tough sanctions against Iran and full support for Israel.

Unfortunately, his mistakes are irreversible and on balance he has done immeasurable harm.

So, what would you have done differently than what the President has done? Perhaps you can give specifics that won't contradict your previous statements on the topic.

Forum List

Back