Under Obama, Fed’s Holdings of U.S. Debt Have Jumped 452%

Amazed

Rookie
Aug 31, 2009
Omaha, Nebraska
[Since President Barack Obama was inaugurated in January 2009, the Federal Reserve’s holdings of U.S. government debt have quintupled, according to the Fed’s official monthly balance sheet./B]

On Jan. 28, 2009, a week after Obama’s nomination, the Fed owned $302 billion in U.S. Treasury securities. On April 25, 2012, the latest date reported, the Fed owned five and a half time that much in U.S. Treasury securities--$1.668 trillion.

Top Customer: Under Obama, Fed

Way to go Bamster.....keep floating bonds...keep printing the momey to buy them....gotta be a GREAT Keynesian idea....

You do realize your going to have to essplain your terms so most can comprehend what the fuck you are talking about, right?

Lol, you are over-estimating alot of olks, lol, especially the libtards.

[Since President Barack Obama was inaugurated in January 2009, the Federal Reserve’s holdings of U.S. government debt have quintupled, according to the Fed’s official monthly balance sheet./B]

On Jan. 28, 2009, a week after Obama’s nomination, the Fed owned $302 billion in U.S. Treasury securities. On April 25, 2012, the latest date reported, the Fed owned five and a half time that much in U.S. Treasury securities--$1.668 trillion.

Top Customer: Under Obama, Fed

Way to go Bamster.....keep floating bonds...keep printing the momey to buy them....gotta be a GREAT Keynesian idea....
I don't blame Obama, I blame his owners: International Bankers, JP Morgan and The Privately Owned Federal Reserve System. They're the ones doing all this. Obama is just the Puppet doing what he's told. I'll bet HE has no clue to what all that means either. He's just like the typical American: He knows more about College Basketball than the Constitution.

If we kick him out in November do you really think the problem will be solved? Of course it won't.

But as long as Americans keep cheering for one side or the other like it's the American League vs the National League, it'll just get worse and we'll end up like Greece.

Obama is a constitutional expert and smart enough to know the middle of a recoVery from a total Pub boom and bust meltdown is not the time to frighten the markets. He's beating the experts' estmate of a 10 year recovery, even with total Pub noncooperation. Clinton says Romney would be a catastrophe. A W clone-BRILLIANT!

• Banned
Obama is a constitutional expert and smart enough to know the middle of a recoVery from a total Pub boom and bust meltdown is not the time to frighten the markets. He's beating the experts' estmate of a 10 year recovery, even with total Pub noncooperation. Clinton says Romney would be a catastrophe. A W clone-BRILLIANT!

Who has never had a "real" job and never had an article published in the Harvard Review....you know...the one he was Editor of?

Bammy doesn't know shit about anything....how much debt can he create and buy....c'mon answer that ONE little question kid.

Thanks for the depression, shytteheads. This is part of the reason you're not on the street.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not on the street because I work hard and don't expect Daddy Bammy to take care of me.

You and your incompetent greedy arrogant heroes who got us in this mess don't know how fortunate you are.The greatest generation was always thanking their good fortune- Worst GOP ever...

Thanks for the depression, shytteheads. This is part of the reason you're not on the street.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not on the street because I work hard and don't expect Daddy Bammy to take care of me.

You and your incompetent greedy arrogant heroes who got us in this mess don't know how fortunate you are.The greatest generation was always thanking their good fortune- Worst GOP ever...

Jesus, it has been going on four years now and you guys are STILL BLAMING BOOOOSSSHHH?

Pathetic.

I know Obama inherited a mess, but the Dems in Congress had a large hand in making it so, right along with the GOP when they ignored W's warning about the real estate bubble and subprime loans.

You guys cant keep blaming Bush forever, you know?

The GOP only wants to cut spending when Dems are in office- a hypocritical disgrace...

Despite yourself, what you said here holds a lot of truth.

I dont think it is that the GOP only wants to cut when Dems are in office so much that while the GOP is in power its cuts are distorted by the media largely, and with a war going on, cutting defense is not wise.

But still, the GOP is far better at cutting taxes than cutting spending.

I'm always right and never lie. If you disagree, you are misled.

Of course we blame the Pubs who have filibustered everything since 2/10/2010 (and lie about EVERYTHING, including that)- total noncooperation. And total BS.

Let's get back to the OP....

Tell me kid......

How much debt can this nation create, then float bonds to finance that debt with money it printed....

Until you can answer that you ain't worth my time.

The GOP only wants to cut spending when Dems are in office- a hypocritical disgrace...

Despite yourself, what you said here holds a lot of truth.

I dont think it is that the GOP only wants to cut when Dems are in office so much that while the GOP is in power its cuts are distorted by the media largely, and with a war going on, cutting defense is not wise.

But still, the GOP is far better at cutting taxes than cutting spending.

Just remember the Reagan "tax cuts", which raised my taxes.

Of course, the nonrich make up for much of those tax cuts with skyrocketing fees, local taxes, college costs, health costs (both doubled under Booosh), etc etc. You're bloody fools if you don't notice. Been going on since Raygun. Pub dupes.

Tell me kid......

How much debt can this nation create, then float bonds to finance that debt with money it printed....

I didn't think so pissant.

Tell me kid......

You're never worth my time, dupe. My theory. If we'd blown another 5% of GDP back in 2010, including a jobs act, we'd be out of this now,. As it is, we will be in a year or 2 if Obama is reelected- if not, NOT.

Romney's ACTUAL plan- Cut taxes on rich, destroy Medicare/aid, Health Reform, raise pentagon spending, cut regs on Wall St, worry about debt in 2035...BRILLIANT

Of course, the nonrich make up for much of those tax cuts with skyrocketing fees, local taxes, college costs, health costs (both doubled under Booosh), etc etc. You're bloody fools if you don't notice. Been going on since Raygun. Pub dupes.

I see why you have zero rep, you are a little abusive towards people. Friend, our world really is not made up of two groups, there are several more. Even if they were "dupe" is an insult to most people and will get you a neggie from most.

Myself, I prefer to be called a Independent cynic, I distrust all sides equally.

and to help you out, and prove my point, I am going to rep your post I quoted and thank you for it. Proof positive that I do not go with the herd mentality you speak of.

Forum List

Back