Under Islamic law gay man given 100 lashes with sharp metal wires in Ghana

More Islamic tolerance. Coming soon to the USA – if Obama has his way.

See more at: Under Islamic law gay man given 100 lashes with sharp metal wires in Ghana Pamela Geller

Pamela Geller?????
rofl.gif

Nothing like a credible source.
Hey, why don't we just look up "How to be a good Jew" by Adolf Hitler....
"Defensive Driving" by Evel Knievel....
"The Wisdom of Subtle Silence" by Donald T. Rump...
"How to Throw a Baseball" by Barack O'bama...

"Under Islamic law gay man given 100 lashes with sharp metal wires in Ghana"

Cite the source of this 'Islamic law,' does this represent the consensus of Islamic scholars.

Or is this the consequence of culture, where Islam has been misappropriated and misrepresented.

Cite the source of this 'Islamic law,' does this represent the consensus of Islamic scholars.

Or is this the consequence of culture, where Islam has been misappropriated and misrepresented.

OP subscribes to the philosophy that it's more important to be ignorant than accurate. Islam itself takes no position on homosexuality. Not to mention, the government of Ghana is a unitary presidential constitutional democracy whose predominant religion is Christianity.

I can't believe anybody would link to Pamela Geller with a straight face. Apparently no matter how discredible the source, if it says what you want to hear, that's all you need. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

OP subscribes to the philosophy that it's more important to be ignorant than accurate. Islam itself takes no position on homosexuality. Not to mention, the government of Ghana is a unitary presidential constitutional democracy whose predominant religion is Christianity.

I can't believe anybody would link to Pamela Geller with a straight face. Apparently no matter how discredible the source, if it says what you want to hear, that's all you need. :rolleyes:

it is very obvious to me that you know nothing about shariah law-----in fact Pamela Geller knows more. Shariah law is that which Islamic scholars say it is. Muslims claim that it is very EXPLICIT in the Koran------in fact it is not at all explicit----muslim scholars have elaborated a very elaborate and not particularly variable code.
The demand "show me in the Koran" is utter bullshit. The Koran is not a manual of law------it is a book which extols the life and perversions of its hero ----muhummad----as the EMBODIMENT of
divine----"WONDERFULNESS" Islamic law is nothing more than---
"everything muhummad did and said is RIGHT" ---of course as
recorded by the writers of the Koran who wrote the stuff during a period of about 150 years after muhummad died. That a homosexual was tortured with razor wire by a shariah court is entirely consistent with that which is shariah law. I have relatives by marriage who survived the filth and stink of classical shariah shit societies----one just died last week well into her nineties-------unfortunate I did not get to talk to her more than I did

it is very obvious to me that you know nothing about shariah law-----in fact Pamela Geller knows more. Shariah law is that which Islamic scholars say it is. Muslims claim that it is very EXPLICIT in the Koran------in fact it is not at all explicit----muslim scholars have elaborated a very elaborate and not particularly variable code.
The demand "show me in the Koran" is utter bullshit. The Koran is not a manual of law------it is a book which extols the life and perversions of its hero ----muhummad----as the EMBODIMENT of
divine----"WONDERFULNESS" Islamic law is nothing more than---
"everything muhummad did and said is RIGHT" ---of course as
recorded by the writers of the Koran who wrote the stuff during a period of about 150 years after muhummad died. That a homosexual was tortured with razor wire by a shariah court is entirely consistent with that which is shariah law. I have relatives by marriage who survived the filth and stink of classical shariah shit societies----one just died last week well into her nineties-------unfortunate I did not get to talk to her more than I did

>> Human beings are active agents in the shaping of their realities, yet at the same time they can be forced to submit to an overarching social reality or cultural mode that they as individuals cannot alter.
.... Therefore the contributors to this collection unequivocally reject the traditionalist point of view propagating that Islam condemns homosexuality. Islam, of its own accord, does no such thing. << --- introduction, Islam and Homosexuality

Now read the thread title and tell me who's conflating "Islamic" with "Sharia". In effect what the "law" is in practice depends on who's applying it, and that in turn depends on what their background culture dictates. In other words, the same as any other religion.

Further, Geller's own link source here says the act was committed by a vigilante group called "Safety Empire". A vigilante group by definition has nothing to do with "law". The fact is Ghana runs as a parliamentary representative democracy -- it has no "sharia law". And the majority religion is Christian.

All of which means, "Islam" has exactly the same amount of causal relationship here as "Christianism" does with Matthew Shepard's murder. Which is to say the thread is bullshit because the OP took a known hopelessly biased source and didn't bother to read his own link. Getting one's news on Islam from bigot Pamela Geller is like getting one's news on international human rights from North Korea.

More Islamic tolerance. Coming soon to the USA – if Obama has his way.

So- are you for it- or against it?

And what makes you imagine that President Obama wants this in the United States?

And what makes you so terrified that the United States Constitution is not sufficient to protect Americans rights?

Or are you terrified by the possibility of Ghana invading the United States?

Well remember- the OP is the one who started a thread lying about Sharia law in the United States before.

The culture there and Islam is intermeshed, regardless of your apologist attempt to separate them.

it is very obvious to me that you know nothing about shariah law-----in fact Pamela Geller knows more.

Pam Geller is a hate monger.

There is plenty to be concerned about regarding Islamic Extremist- but Geller wants us to fear- and hate- all Muslims.

wrong again POGO----for that which ISLAM IS...... go to the ORIGINAL CALIPHATES ------ of course you need to know (a fact that you will deny) that CALIPHATE <<< is actually the only acceptable form of
Islamic government. ------according to ISLAMIC BELIEF. In fact the very early conflict amongst muslims that led to the Shiite/sunni divide was not IF THERE SHOULD BE A CALIPH----but that CALIPH should be. The CALIPH is something like KING --direct successor of muhummad and THEREFORE heaven's representative on earth. REAL ISLAM-----take a look at its originals-----in Iran, Saudi Arabia,
Yemen, etc--------it's not "cultural" there-----IT IS ISLAM. For cultural islam examine NOI----in Brooklyn------very washed out and distorted forms. I find it fascinating that you imagine that homosexuality is a high crime in Iran because of ANCIENT PERSIAN
CULTURE

The culture there and Islam is intermeshed, regardless of your apologist attempt to separate them.
As quoted above:

Further, Geller's own link source here says the act was committed by a vigilante group called "Safety Empire". A vigilante group by definition has nothing to do with "law". The fact is Ghana runs as a parliamentary representative democracy -- it has no "sharia law". And the majority religion is Christian.

it is very obvious to me that you know nothing about shariah law-----in fact Pamela Geller knows more.

Pam Geller is a hate monger.

There is plenty to be concerned about regarding Islamic Extremist- but Geller wants us to fear- and hate- all Muslims.

The incredible thing is she doesn't seem to mind that her own link disproves her headline. It's one thing to notice that you can sell ignorance to the gullible; it's quite another to then go ahead and do it.

As quoted above:

Islamic law doesn't have to be the law of the land to get the blame for the acts of these idiots. These morons think it is the law, they use Islam as the excuse, regardless of what cultural backing it originally came from.

wrong again POGO----for that which ISLAM IS...... go to the ORIGINAL CALIPHATES ------ of course you need to know (a fact that you will deny) that CALIPHATE <<< is actually the only acceptable form of
Islamic government. ------according to ISLAMIC BELIEF. In fact the very early conflict amongst muslims that led to the Shiite/sunni divide was not IF THERE SHOULD BE A CALIPH----but that CALIPH should be. The CALIPH is something like KING --direct successor of muhummad and THEREFORE heaven's representative on earth. REAL ISLAM-----take a look at its originals-----in Iran, Saudi Arabia,
Yemen, etc--------it's not "cultural" there-----IT IS ISLAM. For cultural islam examine NOI----in Brooklyn------very washed out and distorted forms. I find it fascinating that you imagine that homosexuality is a high crime in Iran because of ANCIENT PERSIAN
CULTURE

Ghana doesn't have an "Islamic government". Period.

What part of "vigilante group" sails over your head here? Are we to conclude that a lynching committed by the Ku Klux Klan is tantamount to "Christian Law" because they say so?

As quoted above:

Islamic law doesn't have to be the law of the land to get the blame for the acts of these idiots. These morons think it is the law, they use Islam as the excuse, regardless of what cultural backing it originally came from.

Agreed. Understanding that "these idiots" refers to the OP and Pamela Geller, that's a solid assessment.

As quoted above:

Agreed. Understanding that "these idiots" refers to the OP and Pamela Geller, that's a solid assessment.

Not agreed. I am talking about the Vigilantes in question.

Forum List

Back