"Under God" vs. "Siddhartha"

Hagbard Celine said:
It means I'm Southern and I understand the culture! :bang3:

The rebel flag is a symbol of white supremacy. Georgia is an international hub for all kinds of business, both governmental and private sector. We've got people from all over the world coming here on a daily basis! It's both tacky and rude to have a hateful symbol on our flag.

You may be Southern, but obviously you don't understand the culture. Just another PC knucklehead trying to be offended by any-and-everything that doesn't represent what your pseudo-intellectualism thinks is spiffy.

Just what do you think that Masonic eye you're sporting represents?

You may be Southern, but obviously you don't understand the culture. Just another PC knucklehead trying to be offended by any-and-everything that doesn't represent what your pseudo-intellectualism thinks is spiffy.

Once again, the Confederate battle flag represents the Confederacy, which fought a war against the United States. This was an act of treason, not an act that should be glorified and admired. The reason the Confederacy seceded was mainly because it refused to free its slaves, therefore the flag also stands for slavery and racism.

I am a Southerner and I understand the culture. But I don't have to be a racist to understand it.

Just what do you think that Masonic eye you're sporting represents?

Obviously you've never read "The Illuminatus Trilogy" by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson. Anyway, it's on our money...it's patriotic :usa:

Hagbard Celine said:
Once again, the Confederate battle flag represents the Confederacy, which fought a war against the United States. This was an act of treason, not an act that should be glorified and admired. The reason the Confederacy seceded was mainly because it refused to free its slaves, therefore the flag also stands for slavery and racism.

The Confederate battle flag represents the Army of Northern Virginia who were fighting against US imperialism.

And apparently you don't your history that well. Prior to the end of the US Civil War, there was NOTHING in writing that precluded individual states from seceeding if they wanted to. When Russia did it to its Cold War satellites we called them Commie Pinko Fag aggressors occupying sovereign nations.

Double standard, anyone? Seems when it hits close to home, the rules change. At any rate, so much for your treason theory.

I am a Southerner and I understand the culture. But I don't have to be a racist to understand it.

I have not called you a racist. YOU are the one displaying intolerance, not I.

Obviously you've never read "The Illuminatus Trilogy" by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson. Anyway, it's on our money...it's patriotic :usa:

Obviously not. I have a free "in" if I want it. Secret boys clubs went out of style with me in gradeschool.

Nothing you've said supercedes the FACT that the confederate flag is a symbol of hatred and racism to millions of blacks and other non-whites. It's just hillbilly bullsh*t. There's nothing stopping you from looking like a redneck if you want to, but to have such a devisive symbol adorn a state flag was an injustice. I'm glad it's been fixed.

Hagbard Celine said:
Nothing you've said supercedes the FACT that the confederate flag is a symbol of hatred and racism to millions of blacks and other non-whites. It's just hillbilly bullsh*t. There's nothing stopping you from looking like a redneck if you want to, but to have such a devisive symbol adorn a state flag was an injustice. I'm glad it's been fixed.

You know, I look upon the Confederate flag as a symbol of treason but for no other reason than that it bugs the shit out of Communists like you, I'm changing my mind about it.

theim said:
You know, I look upon the Confederate flag as a symbol of treason but for no other reason than that it bugs the shit out of Communists like you, I'm changing my mind about it.

Swastika and maybe a nude pic of Monica Lewinsky would bug the same people, let's spread it around.

ScreamingEagle said:
What do you mean Buddhism is not an alternative belief? Perhaps you mean Buddhism is not an alternative formal religion such as Catholicism? Even so, you can't deny that Buddhism is an alternative belief system or system of ethics just as the belief system of Christianity is. And so what if it predated Christianity, why is that important? Why are the ideas of Buddhism allowed into the school system without question while the ideas of Christianity are shunned?

Alternative to what? There is no such thing as an established, universally accepted belief system. So we are left with major belief systems, among which Buddhism would undoubtably stand tall, and minor ones, such as Scientology or Branch Davidians.

Something as major as Buddhism is demeaned when it is called alternative, because in a case like this "alternative" means fringe. It is not a fringe philosophy. It's here to stay.

Okay, so you guys are FOR having a devisive symbol of racism, slavery, and treason fly as the symbol of a state in the union even though it demeans and enrages a large minority population and stands for aggression against the United States. So that makes you guys patriotic Americans.

I don't support this symbol of hatred, slavery, racism and aggression and that makes me...a Communist. Wow, that's really great logic.

moving on...

Alternative to what? There is no such thing as an established, universally accepted belief system. So we are left with major belief systems, among which Buddhism would undoubtably stand tall, and minor ones, such as Scientology or Branch Davidians.

You know, "cult" is what the large congregation calls the small congregation. Christianity was a cult at one time too.

Hagbard Celine said:
Okay, so you guys are FOR having a devisive symbol of racism, slavery, and treason fly as the symbol of a state in the union even though it demeans and enrages a large minority population and stands for aggression against the United States. So that makes you guys patriotic Americans.

I don't support this symbol of hatred, slavery, racism and aggression and that makes me...a Communist. Wow, that's really great logic.

moving on...

You know, "cult" is what the large congregation calls the small congregation. Christianity was a cult at one time too.

So I take it then you would also be opposed to tax dollars funding so called art like Piss Christ which offends many Christians??

Nuc said:

Something as major as Buddhism is demeaned when it is called alternative, because in a case like this "alternative" means fringe. It is not a fringe philosophy. It's here to stay.

We're talking about America, right? In America the majority is CHRISTIAN.
Teaching Buddhism in the schools would be teaching an alternative religion compared to the majority or mainstream religion in our country.

Yes, I understand that in the WORLD at large, Buddhism stands tall. However, I am not thinking like a new world order citizen as you appear to do. Calling Buddhism an alternative religion here in America is NOT demeaning it - it IS a fringe religion here - it certainly is not a mainstream one.

Bonnie said:
So I take it then you would also be opposed to tax dollars funding so called art like Piss Christ which offends many Christians??

We all pay taxes which fund things we don't approve of. A lot of people don't approve of the current war, but their taxes support it and they also consider it a moral issue. Maybe our tax forms should have options we can choose about what we're willing to fund or not fund. Blind people's taxes funds art that they can't even see!

Hagbard Celine said:

moving on...

Newsflash for you, Jesse Jackson .... YOU don't decide what is and is not a symbol of anything for anyone but your ownoverly-sensitive, overly-judgemental, stick-up-the-ass-self. Freedom of expression doesn't apply to just what YOU agree with.

You're quick to call names, but THAT is s-o-o-o typically liberal "think what I tell you to" it's flagrant.

Forum List

Back