"Under God" bill fails to advance

Inserting "Under God" into a pledge of allegience to the United States doesn't create a theocracy per se, but it certainly creates the appearance thereof. The clear signal is, if you want to be a real American, you have to believe in God.

acludem

acludem said:
Inserting "Under God" into a pledge of allegience to the United States doesn't create a theocracy per se, but it certainly creates the appearance thereof. The clear signal is, if you want to be a real American, you have to believe in God.

acludem

No, the clear signal is we, the people - the majority - are expressing ourselves as real Americans who believe in God because we have the RIGHT to express that under the first amendment. Also we are expressing that we are against communist/totalitarian rule which was why the "under God" phrase was added in the first place.

The radical left in this country is against "under God" because the left is part and parcel of the communist/totalitarian movement. Of course it is of major importance for them to stamp out God. :dev1:

The ClayTaurus said:
This issue is one big :gives:

To continue being an American you may want to concern yourself.

Or do you think 9 people should run America absolutely? Hmm...isn't that basically how a totalitarian/communist state is run?

ScreamingEagle said:
No, the clear signal is we, the people - the majority - are expressing ourselves as real Americans who believe in God because we have the RIGHT to express that under the first amendment. Also we are expressing that we are against communist/totalitarian rule which was why the "under God" phrase was added in the first place.

The radical left in this country is against "under God" because the left is part and parcel of the communist/totalitarian movement. Of course it is of major importance for them to stamp out God. :dev1:
It was voted on? By the majority? Nahhh..don’t think so, we didn’t put it in there. President Dwight D. Eisenhower approved adding the words "under God", in 1954.

And said:

"In this way we are reaffirming the transcendence of religious faith in America's heritage and future; in this way we shall constantly strengthen those spiritual weapons which forever will be our country's most powerful resource in peace and war."

Nothing about communist/totalitarian rule in there.

Lets go back to the 1924 version…
I pledge allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.
That One nation under God stuff is too complex, which God?

Mr. P said:
It was voted on? By the majority? Nahhh..don’t think so, we didn’t put it in there. President Dwight D. Eisenhower approved adding the words "under God", in 1954.

And said:

Nothing about communist/totalitarian rule in there.

Lets go back to the 1924 version…

That One nation under God stuff is too complex, which God?

It was added because of the McCarthy Era...you know, the witchhunts for those commies under every bed. :halo:

ScreamingEagle said:
To continue being an American you may want to concern yourself.

Or do you think 9 people should run America absolutely? Hmm...isn't that basically how a totalitarian/communist state is run?
Mmmm the extrusion argument. Keep applying pressure.

jillian said:
It was added because of the McCarthy Era...you know, the witchhunts for those commies under every bed. :halo:

You mean those commies that were entrenched smack dab in our State Department?
Americans were smarter back then before the revisionists took over.
Have you read Ann Coulter's book "Treason"? Quite enlightening.
Or maybe you should take a look at the Venona cables...

The Clay Taurus said:
Mmmm the extrusion argument. Keep applying pressure.

Mmm the anal ass argument. :coffee3:

The 1924 version which was written by a Baptist minister, a man of God, who according to his children would've been infuriated by the insertion of the words "Under God". He wrote it, shouldn't we respect his wishes?

I am a religious person, but my religion does not involve "God" - I'm Buddhist. So why, when I want to pledge allegience to my country, a country I love, should I have to say or even be asked to say "Under God"?

acludem

acludem said:
The 1924 version which was written by a Baptist minister, a man of God, who according to his children would've been infuriated by the insertion of the words "Under God". He wrote it, shouldn't we respect his wishes?

I am a religious person, but my religion does not involve "God" - I'm Buddhist. So why, when I want to pledge allegience to my country, a country I love, should I have to say or even be asked to say "Under God"?

acludem

What's wrong with someone asking you to say "under God"? Isn't it a free country to ask something?

Do you have to say "under God"? NO. It's a free country. You don't even have to say the Pledge if you don't want to.

Your argument is specious. You KNOW you are not being coerced into anything you don't want to do.

Now ask yourself why the left is pushing such a specious, idiotic argument onto the U.S. public.....get a clue man.

ScreamingEagle said:
You mean those commies that were entrenched smack dab in our State Department?

No...like the non-commies who were blacklisted and who couldn't work?

Americans were smarter back then before the revisionists took over.

Okie dokie....

Have you read Ann Coulter's book "Treason"? Quite enlightening.

If you approve of people spewing hatred of anyone who doesn't agree with their narrow pov...

Personally, I think Annie already has too much of a forum, so there ya go.

Or maybe you should take a look at the Venona cables...

And? You're surprised the KGB had tried to develop assets in the U.S. We certainly had plenty there during the cold war.

The Venona Cables are, actually, interesting. But more interesting, at least from my pov, was the transcript of the Rosenberg trial, which I had the opportunity to review and study in it's entirety at the Federal Archives. What was, painfully, apparent, is that the Rosenberg's were probably doing something, but since much of the testimony was unreliable, they probably shouldn't have been put to death. In particular, the Court allowed testimony about a desk with secret compartments, ostensibly found in the Rosenberg's home, but which "disappeared" before trial and was never produced to the jury. Judge Kaufman should have prohibited any testimony on the subject as prejudicial and not probative. Unfortunately, the hysteria of the time didn't make allowances for lack of evidence or for mere innuendo substituting for fact, which probably caused the judge to feel that he would be called a "commie sympathizer" if he made any favorable rulings. See a pattern?

ScreamingEagle said:
What's wrong with someone asking you to say "under God"? Isn't it a free country to ask something?

Problem is no one is asking. It's more of a forcing of. Say it this way or don't say it kinda thing. We (the people) should just vote on it, and that will decide what “we” want.

Personally I don’t care which way it goes and wouldn’t make a special trip to the polls to vote on this one issue. I might however, say a prayer and thank GOD we have such a process to remedy such disagreements.:D

Mr. P said:
Problem is no one is asking. It's more of a forcing of. Say it this way or don't say it kinda thing. We (the people) should just vote on it, and that will decide what “we” want.

Personally I don’t care which way it goes and wouldn’t make a special trip to the polls to vote on this one issue. I might however, say a prayer and thank GOD we have such a process to remedy such STUPID disagreements.:D
Fixed that for ya.

The ClayTaurus said:
Fixed that for ya.

In a sense I have to agree with you that this is a "stupid" argument. However, keep in mind that it is the left that brought up the "stupid" argument in the first place. Why is the left so "stupid"? :bye1:

ScreamingEagle said:
In a sense I have to agree with you that this is a "stupid" argument. However, keep in mind that it is the left that brought up the "stupid" argument in the first place. Why is the left so "stupid"? :bye1:
I dunno. It's pretty stupid for them to be so pissy about a word that in all reality should offend Christians as those who don't believe yet say it are patronizing.

But it's also stupid to draw up delusions of paranoid grandeur of the country falling apart after the word "God" is removed from the Pledge of Allegiance.

P is right. The stupid thing should go to a vote. It was put in without a vote and is trying to be taken out without a vote. Surely you'd be alright with letting the populous decide, right?

jillian said:
No...like the non-commies who were blacklisted and who couldn't work?

Okie dokie....

If you approve of people spewing hatred of anyone who doesn't agree with their narrow pov...

Personally, I think Annie already has too much of a forum, so there ya go.

And? You're surprised the KGB had tried to develop assets in the U.S. We certainly had plenty there during the cold war.

The Venona Cables are, actually, interesting. But more interesting, at least from my pov, was the transcript of the Rosenberg trial, which I had the opportunity to review and study in it's entirety at the Federal Archives. What was, painfully, apparent, is that the Rosenberg's were probably doing something, but since much of the testimony was unreliable, they probably shouldn't have been put to death. In particular, the Court allowed testimony about a desk with secret compartments, ostensibly found in the Rosenberg's home, but which "disappeared" before trial and was never produced to the jury. Judge Kaufman should have prohibited any testimony on the subject as prejudicial and not probative. Unfortunately, the hysteria of the time didn't make allowances for lack of evidence or for mere innuendo substituting for fact, which probably caused the judge to feel that he would be called a "commie sympathizer" if he made any favorable rulings. See a pattern?

Who was blacklisted and couldn't work? You mean the idiotic Hollywood Ten? :D

Personally, I think the left hates Ann Coulter so much because she is so right. :D

Why would I be surprised that the KGB had spies in the Democrat run U.S. State Department? Obviously McCarthy wasn't. Evidently it is the fools on the left who were surprised....yet who today still can't come to grips with the facts. The left continues to attack McCarthy who is an American hero and the left continues (just like your post) to defend and obfuscate the Communists on the left:

The Rosenbergs
Alger Hiss
Top Roosevelt aide Harry Dexter White
Top Roosevelt aide Laurence Duggan
At least a dozen other U.S. officials
More than 350 communist spies identified in the Venona cables.

See a pattern here?

Forum List

Back