Under fire, Herman Cain modifies '9-9-9' plan

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Under fire, Herman Cain modifies '9-9-9' plan
La Times ^ | Oct 19, 2011 | MIchael Finningan

Under fire, Herman Cain modifies '9-9-9' plan - latimes.com
Herman Cain's "9-9-9" tax plan lost some its trademark simplicity today when the Republican presidential hopeful carved out a sales tax exemption for the poor.

"We"re not going to throw the people at the poverty level under the bus," Cain told an audience at the Western Republican Leadership Conference. "No, we're not going to do that. But we've already made provisions for that. But I just hadn't told the public and my opponents about it yet. So we're going to take care of those who are less economically advantaged."

Cain offered no details on how he would spare the poor from the federal sales tax.

(Excerpt) Read more at latimes.com ...

ok

He knows that damn thing is a big FLOP!!

It's DEAD in the water.

Dead on arrival.

Dead before it's born!!

HA HA!!!

6a00e5505fc4968834010536f3cdff970b-800wi

It's all such a bunch of honk and jive at this point.

The Republican candidates need to take a cue from Obama's early campaign days- speak in lofty generalized tones, affford everything but promise nothing, and appeal to the dumbest fuckers on two legs. Works for Democrats every time.

• Banned
How do you make a sales tax exception? One that favors the poor. Does the poor get a special card that they can scan that free's them from paying it. :confused::confused:

Food stamp purchases are tax free...

I could see how it could be workable...All poor would get a "special" card that they would scan when they buy something, which would free them from paying the tax. This new card could also be used for duel purposes, which can be food stamps, any government aid, ect. This I bet would mean a major growth in government to hand them out and to handle the organization of such. NOT A REPUBLICAN idea of smaller government.:lol::lol::lol: This he is suggesting is a national sales tax, so it would have to be national get out of tax card.

Cain's plan is huge. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
How do you make a sales tax exception? One that favors the poor. Does the poor get a special card that they can scan that free's them from paying it. :confused::confused:

THe proposal I saw attributed to Cain was to create "empowerment zones" of sorts where the sales tax would be lower.

Interesting idea.

I disagree with it. I think everyone needs to be treated equal. We need to be paying the same rate before the law. There is no difference between rich or poor. We are all men and women and should all be treated equally before the law. That's the premise this nation was built on.

THe proposal I saw attributed to Cain was to create "empowerment zones" of sorts where the sales tax would be lower.

Interesting idea.

I disagree with it. I think everyone needs to be treated equal. We need to be paying the same rate before the law. There is no difference between rich or poor. We are all men and women and should all be treated equally before the law. That's the premise this nation was built on.

This is NO republican plan if he is going to do this. That is for sure.:evil: Obama could run on it.

It's all such a bunch of honk and jive at this point.

The Republican candidates need to take a cue from Obama's early campaign days- speak in lofty generalized tones, affford everything but promise nothing, and appeal to the dumbest fuckers on two legs. Works for Democrats every time.

At this point in the '08 campaign, Obama had released more detailed policy positions than the entire current GOP field put together.

I am pretty sure that when we have a president cain, him and romney will make a few changes to please all those who voted for them, and by february we will have a 9/6.7/4.8 plan.

He had better not make his policy too complicated...it has to fit on three sheets of paper after all.

I want less government...The national card idea=far more federal government. I oppose it...Stupid. That means you can't remove the poor from being taxed.

I don't see how this could work and be a republican idea.

Last edited:
can you imagine if all the candidates had their own 3 digit plans? hmm, which one would offer the "696" plan? If obama was there, he would be offering his gay "333" plan.

Forum List

Back