"Unconstitutional" Double Standard?

DamnYankee

No Neg Policy
Apr 2, 2009
U.S. Is Finding Its Role in Business Hard to Unwind - NYTimes (Business)
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/14/b...=th&adxnnlx=1253001827-Z0r3i2NBPOo2w2zPtsdsvQ

The founding fathers and the Continental Congress must surely be rolling over in their graves. I could have sworn I learned that the U.S. government did not have the legal authority to be an owner/share holder in private enterprise(?) How is it that, over the past decade, Haliburton was castigated constantly, due to involvement of officials in "FORMER association" with that company, yet the government under Obama now holds 60% of GMC (that's a controlling percentage)? Something isn't right!

How is it a poor slob can't walk into a bank for a loan to "bail himself out", yet on my way to work, I saw my bank with all kinds of equipment in their yard, and when I went home for lunch, they had brand new landscaping? Sure, some contractor got big $$$, in hard times, for doing that job, but what about infrastructure with bailout bucks? Shouldn't we be concentrating more on "banking business" than "cosmetics"? Bridges are collapsing and we spend on landscaping???

I don't get it, but according to the "Yes We Can" folks, "that's why you lost"? What, exactly, have the "winners" won? What about liberal usage, ad nausum, of the Gore quote, "what should be up is down, and what should be down is up"? Reminds me of the Fun House at the carnival -- no matter how it's billed, you always leave demanding your money back!

Allibiz, a bank was designed by Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton; the legislation passed in a House led by James Madison; the bank had had 20% of its directors from government; a bank had 20% of its capital from the government ~~ that bank was the first U.S. National Bank, a jointly funded, jointly managed operation between business and government.

Where on God's green little acres did you get such a foolish idea/

Let's see....

20% is 30% less than 50%

60% is 10% more than 50%

I presume that "new math" isn't too difficult?

U.S. Is Finding Its Role in Business Hard to Unwind - NYTimes (Business)
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/14/b...=th&adxnnlx=1253001827-Z0r3i2NBPOo2w2zPtsdsvQ

The founding fathers and the Continental Congress must surely be rolling over in their graves. I could have sworn I learned that the U.S. government did not have the legal authority to be an owner/share holder in private enterprise(?) How is it that, over the past decade, Haliburton was castigated constantly, due to involvement of officials in "FORMER association" with that company, yet the government under Obama now holds 60% of GMC (that's a controlling percentage)? Something isn't right!

How is it a poor slob can't walk into a bank for a loan to "bail himself out", yet on my way to work, I saw my bank with all kinds of equipment in their yard, and when I went home for lunch, they had brand new landscaping? Sure, some contractor got big $$$, in hard times, for doing that job, but what about infrastructure with bailout bucks? Shouldn't we be concentrating more on "banking business" than "cosmetics"? Bridges are collapsing and we spend on landscaping???

I don't get it, but according to the "Yes We Can" folks, "that's why you lost"? What, exactly, have the "winners" won? What about liberal usage, ad nausum, of the Gore quote, "what should be up is down, and what should be down is up"? Reminds me of the Fun House at the carnival -- no matter how it's billed, you always leave demanding your money back!

The founding fathers also erected huge tariffs to encourage industrial growth in the USA and the entire Federal government was run on the revenues from those tariffs.

There was no incomes taxes, back then, either.

You down with systemn too, or is you adherence to wht the floundering fathers did, only limited to whatever your Masters tell you to support?

Let's see....

20% is 30% less than 50%

60% is 10% more than 50%

I presume that "new math" isn't too difficult?

What does the percentage matter? You stated that "I could have sworn I learned that the U.S. government did not have the legal authority to be an owner/share holder in private enterprise(?) ." I have no idea where you learned that from, and you learned wrongly. And editec correctly points out that the founding fathers demonstably didn't have a problem with it.

Forum List

Back