Unconstituional to Defund ACORN?

I like the way the left defend ACORN on the vote registration crap and completely ignore the videos of ACORN employees providing tax advice to hookers and pimps looking to set up child prostitution! Well, I guess from people who think Roman Polinski is a misunderstood guy, I should expect no less but I can't help but be disappointed.

Shame on anyone who thinks it acceptable to fund ACORN to advise clients on how to run an illegal business that includes shipping children into the US for the purposes of prostitution.

The Defund Acorn Act is likely to be ruled unconstitutional, the Congressional Research Service says in a report obtained by the Huffington Post, responding to questions from Reps. John Conyers (D-Mich.) and Barney Frank (D-Mass.).

The Constitution forbids "bills of attainder" written to punish a specific individual or group of people. The independent research body determined that the bill intended to defund the community organizing group ACORN "would appear to meet a per se criteria for specificity."

The constitutional question, then, is whether depriving a group of public funds constitutes a "punishment."

And CRS asks, if it's not a punishment then what is it?

Read more at: GOP FAIL: Congressional Report Says Bill Defunding ACORN Appears Unconstitutional

ACORN has never been convicted of voter fraud. There have been voter application fraud which ACORN self identified.

The real reason that some righties hate ACORN is that they recruit and register the poor and minorities who tend to vote Democratic. Unlike some middle class conservatives, they know the RNC doesn't give a rat's ass about the poor and middle class except for their vote and for some one to trickle on.:lol:
what a show of fucking hypocrisy
those same assholes targeted AIG execs with no worry for the constitution

The Defund Acorn Act is likely to be ruled unconstitutional, the Congressional Research Service says in a report obtained by the Huffington Post, responding to questions from Reps. John Conyers (D-Mich.) and Barney Frank (D-Mass.).

The Constitution forbids "bills of attainder" written to punish a specific individual or group of people. The independent research body determined that the bill intended to defund the community organizing group ACORN "would appear to meet a per se criteria for specificity."

The constitutional question, then, is whether depriving a group of public funds constitutes a "punishment."

And CRS asks, if it's not a punishment then what is it?

Read more at: GOP FAIL: Congressional Report Says Bill Defunding ACORN Appears Unconstitutional

ACORN has never been convicted of voter fraud. There have been voter application fraud which ACORN self identified.

The real reason that some righties hate ACORN is that they recruit and register the poor and minorities who tend to vote Democratic. Unlike some middle class conservatives, they know the RNC doesn't give a rat's ass about the poor and middle class except for their vote and for some one to trickle on.:lol:

If anything, they were too soft on AIG. All of the AIG executives should have had their pay capped at $127,604. If you're taking taxpayer money, you're a civil servant and should be paid like one.

If anything, they were too soft on AIG. All of the AIG executives should have had their pay capped at $127,604. If you're taking taxpayer money, you're a civil servant and should be paid like one.
WRONG
we shouldn't have bailed the company out in the first place

WRONG

Meanwhile, back in the real world, people aren't prepared to spark a second Great Depression to make a political point.

WRONG

Meanwhile, back in the real world, people aren't prepared to spark a second Great Depression to make a political point.
no, you are willing to selectively punish those you dont like, while absolve those you do

this is stupid....so people on welfare are civil servants? people in the military are civil servants?

this is stupid....so people on welfare are civil servants? people in the military are civil servants?

Notice the word "capped"?
Civil service, by definition, doesn't include the military. The military isn't significantly different in terms of structure though.

I'm still stunned that so many of the partisan hacks viscerally defend corruption. The desperation.

More reason to look very closely at ACORN. This is just the beginning of the depth of their corruption, I strongly suspect.

I believe that most libs in America are for punishing corruption, no matter what party affiliation that group may have. It's the far left wingnuts like Rayboy that would defend such a corrupt organization that is in the tank for the left. Could you imagine Rayboy defending ACORN if it was a far right leaning organization? :lol:

I don't know why the article is called "GOP FAIL" when plenty of Democrats voted to defund ACORN as well. If I had to venture a guess, I would say it's probably unconstitutional to defund them on the bases given. Even though we have video evidence, they haven't been given due process of law. The truth is, ACORN is bad press for the Democrats and Obama, so they're trying their best to put some distance between them.

Of course, it's hard not to notice the double standard:

Let's weigh the constitutionality of cutting off public funds for a corrupt, partisan organization that tries to find loopholes to accommodate child prostitutio, but let's quickly pass an amendment to defund Haliburton/KBR for having an arbitration clause in their employee contracts. Yeah, OK.

Last edited:
WRONG

That remark would have had some real bite to it.

If it had any merit or truth in it.

1. It would not have sparked a Second Great Depression (SGD tm) and

2. According to all the leftists on the planet and 'The Obama' (May his dogs be swift) we are already experiencing the greatest depression since the great depression. The way I read that is that we are in the SGD already. Even after 'The Obama' (May his progeny be pure) has surly saved us by not allowing those bailed out companies from going bankrupt.

You leftists really need to keep your stories straight. I just don't have time to wade through all the lies.

Forum List

Back