Unconstituional to Defund ACORN?

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
The Defund Acorn Act is likely to be ruled unconstitutional, the Congressional Research Service says in a report obtained by the Huffington Post, responding to questions from Reps. John Conyers (D-Mich.) and Barney Frank (D-Mass.).

The Constitution forbids "bills of attainder" written to punish a specific individual or group of people. The independent research body determined that the bill intended to defund the community organizing group ACORN "would appear to meet a per se criteria for specificity."

The constitutional question, then, is whether depriving a group of public funds constitutes a "punishment."

And CRS asks, if it's not a punishment then what is it?

Read more at: GOP FAIL: Congressional Report Says Bill Defunding ACORN Appears Unconstitutional

ACORN has never been convicted of voter fraud. There have been voter application fraud which ACORN self identified.

The real reason that some righties hate ACORN is that they recruit and register the poor and minorities who tend to vote Democratic. Unlike some middle class conservatives, they know the RNC doesn't give a rat's ass about the poor and middle class except for their vote and for some one to trickle on.:lol:

The bill doesn't target ACORN. So, another lie shot down.

ACORN self-reported in ONE of the 50-something ongoing investigations. Oops there goes another lie.

Pugs are the only ones who "hate" ACORN? That defunding bill that did NOT either target or name ACORN sure seemed to have massive bi-partisan support. I think there's just a large majority of people who hate corruption no matter where it's found.

This latest feeble attempt to defend ACORN is laughable.

Your pure partisan hackery is getting pretty boring.

Unlike some middle class conservatives, they know the RNC doesn't give a rat's ass about the poor and middle class except for their vote and for some one to trickle on.:lol:
Absolute bullshit. You know it was not Democrats that assisted me when the good ole Democratic boys blacklisted me years ago. It was all Republicans that stood with me as I ask for an equal opportunity. The best a Dem state rep could do was put a little funky badge on his shirt to show he no longer supported the boys club downtown. It was a staunch Republican that went with me to meet with department heads not some broken down resentful "good ole boy" Dem that belong to the local state workers union. You want to know what the offer was that Dems gave after blacklisting me was brought out into the open? "We have special programs for people like you in our road contracts." I told the guy I did not know anything about "road contracting, I know about buildings", "I was not asking for any special treatment simply a level playing field". You guys have things so mucked up with all your "perks", "pork" and "special programs" and you seem to think that people will be ignorant enough to keep buying the bull you keep spreading. Piss on the dems who want nothing more than to strip off funds from their "special" programs, keep control, feed the public rhetoric to stay in control while they are stuffing their own pockets skimming the cream and truly not creating anything even close to freedom of choice and equality and a level playing field.

ACORN sucks! They could give a shit about the poor. It does make for one hell of excuse to abuse the system with the rhetoric and lies and get paid damn well while doing it.

The lesson to be learned here is that the Gambino Crime Family needs to support Democrats; they would get Government funding and be left alone

The lesson to be learned here is that the Gambino Crime Family needs to support Democrats; they would get Government funding and be left alone
Uh, you don't think they support the Democrats heavily? Do you live in wonderland?

A bill of attainder is a "act of the legislature declaring a person or group of persons guilty of some crime" not deny government funding.

Barney claims to support ACORN defunding.

Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.), who has supported the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) on low-income housing issues, said he would have voted to strip federal funding for the group last week if he had been present. Frank was attending a White House Medal of Honor ceremony for a soldier from his state killed in action when the House approved the funding cuts.
“I am very disappointed in the actions that were taken by members of ACORN, and I do not believe that ACORN’s response has been adequate for an organization that has received public funding,” Frank said in a statement.

Frank in a lengthy memo said his support and Judiciary Chairman John Conyers’s (D-Mich.) backing of an inquiry by the Congressional Research Service (CRS) into ACORN did not constitute support for the group, and may have been shortsighted.

ACORN’s troubles grow as it mounts counteroffensive - TheHill.com

The Gambino family is an offspring of the RNC, Crusader Rabbit.:cuckoo:

Let's see how many convictions come out of this.

The Gambino family is an offspring of the RNC, Crusader Rabbit.:cuckoo:

Let's see how many convictions come out of this.

Eric Holder is going to go after Obama's biggest supporter. Yeah, right

The Defund Acorn Act is likely to be ruled unconstitutional, the Congressional Research Service says in a report obtained by the Huffington Post, responding to questions from Reps. John Conyers (D-Mich.) and Barney Frank (D-Mass.).

The Constitution forbids "bills of attainder" written to punish a specific individual or group of people. The independent research body determined that the bill intended to defund the community organizing group ACORN "would appear to meet a per se criteria for specificity."

The constitutional question, then, is whether depriving a group of public funds constitutes a "punishment."

Read more at: GOP FAIL: Congressional Report Says Bill Defunding ACORN Appears Unconstitutional

ACORN has never been convicted of voter fraud. There have been voter application fraud which ACORN self identified.

The real reason that some righties hate ACORN is that they recruit and register the poor and minorities who tend to vote Democratic. Unlike some middle class conservatives, they know the RNC doesn't give a rat's ass about the poor and middle class except for their vote and for some one to trickle on.:lol:

Acorn has been convicted of Voter fraud, look it up.

Convicted over and over and over and over and over.

The OP:

albums-a59-penguinking3-fail.jpg

I'm still stunned that so many of the partisan hacks viscerally defend corruption. The desperation.

More reason to look very closely at ACORN. This is just the beginning of the depth of their corruption, I strongly suspect.

ACORN, at least on the voter registration front, is a big load of crap. They set up operations every four years and pretend like they're doing something.

Acorn has been convicted of Voter fraud, look it up.

Convicted over and over and over and over and over.

Nope, it has not. It has been accused of Voter Registration Fraud, but there have been NO convictions.

Forum List

Back