Uncle Tom Powell Stumps for Massah Bush

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
by SojFollow .
Apr 12, 2004

Yes suh! Yes suh! Right away suh!
Mr. Powell sir, you are a liar and an apologist for a crooked regime known as the George W. Bush administration. I charge you with these offenses based on the following:

Exhibit A: April 9, 2004 State Department briefing:

QUESTION: Can I ask -- change the subject to Iraq? I'm wondering if the -- your announcement today that you're lifting the ban on exports of lethal military equipment to Iraq, if that was timed to coincide with the one-year anniversary of the fall of Baghdad.
MR. ERELI: I'm not aware that it was. I think it's, you know, something that's been in train, but I don't have any indication that it was timed for that.

QUESTION: Given the violence there, you think it's a good idea?

MR. ERELI: I think that what we're looking towards and what's motivating us is the looking forward to a transfer of sovereignty on June 30th and, you know, taking the measures necessary to be able to deal with a sovereign Iraqi author -- a sovereign government in Iraq, in the way that we deal with other sovereign governments.

QUESTION: Which means a --

QUESTION: So this isn't necessarily --

QUESTION: Which means a well armed or an adequately armed army and police force?

MR. ERELI: Exactly.

QUESTION: This is to authorize in case you need to send the Iraqi forces something. At the hearing you and I were at yesterday, and the Secretary spoke, you remember he agreed with the observation that the place is just -- you know, there are tons of weapons all over the place, that it's a very --

QUESTION: An ammo dump.

QUESTION: "It's an ammo dump," was the phrase. Do you really think they need more weapons in Iraq? Or is it what I think it might be, that should you find Iraqi security needs a Weapon A or Weapon B, this gives you --

MR. ERELI: This is -- this is an authority that gives us an added tool to -- in our bilateral relationship with the future Iraqi government.

QUESTION: All right. Can I ask you about something the Secretary said yesterday? And I hope I'll remember to ask every now or then, or maybe we could ask you to tell us about milestones. But he said two things about it.

In response to skepticism that Iraq would be ready for transition and whether the Administration is really making thorough preparations, and really to Senator Leahy, who wants more consultation -- he wants more than that, but let's put that aside for a moment -- he said he will, the State Department will be sending people to Congress to keep them informed, to brief them. And he said, you know, we're moving ahead with the excellent preparations.

I was going -- I could ask you if you could tell us about milestones when they appear. Have you chosen an ambassador? Have you decided where the embassy is going to be located? There was talk of a palace, of a leftover building. Can you point to -- I know it's only yesterday that he testified, but can you provide any details either of plans to brief Congress and examples of headway toward transition? Landmarks, milestones, things that -- I don't expect anything's happened since last night, but, you know, I'm looking for things -- you haven't chosen an ambassador, which doesn't necessarily mean you haven't done other things.

Continue reading: ---->
Daily Kos: Uncle Tom Powell Stumps for Massah Bush

• Banned
Colin Poweel is now the darling of the Democratic Party Left ever since he's bad mouthed the Republican Party and has supported his friend Barack Maobama.
Hmm..., will the DailyKos react in the same manner as they did in 2004 to him today?

Forum List

Back