Uncle Joe: "Republicans Don't Want Black Folks Voting"

From:[email protected] To: [email protected], [email protected] CC: [email protected] Date: 2015-08-21 14:01 Subject: Needy Latinos and 1 easy call.

A few calls you might consider making: 1) Fedrico Pena. Ken Salazar who has been an absolute trooper really wants to get Fedrico Pena on board. I talked to Pena early, before March and he hemmed and hawed. Ken had lunch with him early this week and reports the following, he's close to committing but carrying some baggage. Fed never said this to me but he confided to Ken that his Cabinet stints ripped up his family, he gave everything to the cause and no time to his family, he went through a messy divorce in the late 90's and was left really down and felt like no one reached out to him then so he felt pretty cut off from Clinton World. In 07, the only candidate that asked for his support was Obama, so he endorsed. (by the way, not sure any of this is factually accurate, but this is how he is feeling). His life now revolves around his new wife, Cindy, who is a supporter of yours and came to the fundraiser at the Chambers house. He kind of wants to be with you, but this stuff is still grinding on him. Ken suggests a call to him and was very explicit about making the following four points: 1) you really enjoyed seeing Cindy at the Chambers event and appreciate her support. 2) ask him how he's been doing 3) ask about his views on the race and what she should be doing in Colorado 4) ask that he consider publicly supporting you. On balance, I recommend making this call as much because it's important to Ken who has been great. Pena's cell: 303-294-1824 2) Bill Richardson. I had heard that you were upset that I encouraged a call between WJC and Richardson to bury the hatchet. I did that at the request of Jose Villarreal who pushed me and made the point that Richardson is still on TV a lot, especially on Univision and Telemundo and not withstanding the fact that he can be a dick, it was worth getting him in a good place. He had a good conversation with the President and has been good in his interviews since. I have pressed Bill, but I think it will take a call from you to get a formal endorsement. He's on Meet the Press on Sunday. Probably worth a quick call to ask him to stay stout and publicly endorse, but if it's too galling, don't bother. Richardson's cell: 3) Governor Jim Hodges. I just spent a couple days in South Carolina and did an event with him and Steve Benjamin where he endorsed. He was really good and I think it sent a strong signal in South Carolina, following Dick Reilly's endorsement, that the support there is strong broad and determined. He and his wife Rachel also co hosted a successful fundraiser with Don and Carol Fowler and Ben and Sydney Rex that I attended. Worth a quick call to Jim to thank him and Rachel for their support. Hodges cell:

https://nypost.com/2001/01/29/black-exec-charges-chuck-with-racism/

Why is any of this a big deal. The Blacks aren't going to vote for the GOP no
matter what the GOP does for them. They're fucking stupid. Always have been.

It's not like it's going to change their vote or anything.

Another gift that just keeps on giving.

Partial transcript as follows:

SHARPTON: Let me ask you about voting rights. That was another thing the Obama-Biden administration was heavy on under attorney general well as Lynch going in with lawsuits against voter ID and doing in to deal with voter suppression. They have said that foreigners are voting.

BIDEN: It’s a lie. It’s a flat lie. The assertion the president made from the beginning is a flat lie. Every study, every program -every commission that looked at it said it’s simply not true. It’s part of the big lie. You realize just in past year, in 24 states, the administration’s allies have introduced 60 pieces of legislation, or maybe 70 pieces of legislation, to curtail the franchise. It’s what these guys are all about, man. These Republicans don’t want working-class people voting. They don’t want black folks voting. Look what we are doing now. There’s a movement. You have George Will making the argument that felons should have their—after serving their time—their right restored to vote. What is the one thing we want people getting out of prison to do? We want them to engage in society again. What’s the most significant thing you can do to engage? Get in and vote. These guys, you’re talking about 1.5 million people who have served their time who are unable to vote. Of those there are 30% or more that are African American. We should have like other countries have, automatic registration. You turn 18, you go to any government agency, Department of Motor Vehicle, get your Social Security number clarified and you are automatically registered to vote in your district. We should be be engaged. That’s the one thing that keeps people focused on what’s going on in their country. It’s totally crazy.

From Biden: Republicans 'Don't Want Black Folks Voting' | Breitbart
How is it my son who turned 18 in September 2016 and who has only spent one month of his life in the US and never been to any US government agency outside of a US embassy was able to register to vote in CA from the Czech Republic?

Did you have Cohen pick him up and bring him back?

Forum List

Back