Uncertainty: Blocks Job Creation

usmcstinger

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2011
The crisis, and uncertainty, that simply won't go away
By SEAN SNAITH

Sean Snaith directs the Institute for Economic Competitiveness at the University of Central Florida. He is on several national forecasting panels, including USA Today's Survey of Top Economists, the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia's Survey of Professional Forecasters and the Livingston Survey.

His article explains quite clearly how Uncertainty is preventing our economic growth.
The crisis, and uncertainty, that simply won't go away | HeraldTribune.com

...Uncertainty is preventing our economic growth...
A lot of people are saying that. Many others are saying the problem is absolute certainty of the fact that our current administration's punishment for any legal economic activity shall be swift and severe.

By SEAN SNAITH

Sean Snaith directs the Institute for Economic Competitiveness at the University of Central Florida. He is on several national forecasting panels, including USA Today's Survey of Top Economists, the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia's Survey of Professional Forecasters and the Livingston Survey.

His article explains quite clearly how Uncertainty is preventing our economic growth.

Almost complete bullshit.

I give it 10% reality.

I don't think so, uncertainty may not be the whole story but it's gotta be part of the problem.

By SEAN SNAITH

Almost complete bullshit.

I give it 10% reality.

I don't think so, uncertainty may not be the whole story but it's gotta be part of the problem.

Obviously it is part of the problem...and a significant one at that.
The other significant problem is that our economy was based on consumers treating debt as income. It goes without saying that was an unsustainable game.

Doesn't make sense. If the problem were uncertainty, what should we be seeing? With an uncertain future, we should be seeing large increases in employment now to build up inventories while the regulatory environment is more certain so that firms can have fewer employees in the future.

Doesn't make sense. If the problem were uncertainty, what should we be seeing? With an uncertain future, we should be seeing large increases in employment now to build up inventories while the regulatory environment is more certain so that firms can have fewer employees in the future.

:eusa_eh: Why would you build up inventory if you expect an economic downturn?? :confused:

You think the regulatory environment is more certain? Than what? Hell, they're still writing the rules under Dodd-Frank, and there's still stuff in the ACA that is unknown.

I don't think many companies are going to build up inventories until they expect to sell it.

You think the regulatory environment is more certain? Than what? Hell, they're still writing the rules under Dodd-Frank, and there's still stuff in the ACA that is unknown.

I don't think many companies are going to build up inventories until they expect to sell it.
What you just said is that companies will build up inventories when they see demand. I agree.

Forum List

Back