Unbelievable

It's my opinion that you appear to be concerning yourself greatly over a topic that doesn't concern you at all ..... unless you are a member of that church and disagree with their internal doctrine.

It's my opinion that you appear to be concerning yourself greatly over a topic that doesn't concern you at all ..... unless you are a member of that church and disagree with their internal doctrine.

You talk about things that don't concern you all the time. You know, like gay marriage and abortion.

Tough. :D

In your opinion.... and if it's not your church, what do you care? It's of no concern to you. Right?

Explain if you will, how this does extrapolate. Same as the Jewish guy in CA with lots of explosives for Islamic targets. He represented Jews in America?

In your opinion.... and if it's not your church, what do you care? It's of no concern to you. Right?

In my opinion WHAT? You don't think making special laws to cater to sexual aberrants, or making laws that dehumanize unborn human beings affects the whole of society? Keyword: LAW.

And I am not concerned with what the church does. I don't agree with them on the issue, so I won't be attending. However, a church rule for church members in no way compares to US LAW.

I'm questioning why you're trying to make such a big damned deal about it if you don't attend the church. I didn't put it on the board ...YOU did. Makes it, and you, fair game.

In my opinion WHAT? You don't think making special laws to cater to sexual aberrants, or making laws that dehumanize unborn human beings affects the whole of society? Keyword: LAW.

And I am not concerned with what the church does. I don't agree with them on the issue, so I won't be attending. However, a church rule for church members in no way compares to US LAW.

I'm questioning why you're trying to make such a big damned deal about it if you don't attend the church. I didn't put it on the board ...YOU did. Makes it, and you, fair game.

I think that anything that tries to make women subservient in this country IS my business.... far more than gay marriage or abortion is yours. You don't like gays, don't hang out with them. Don't want your significant other to have an abortion -- ask her not to have one. When women in Iraq were starting to be forced into burqas, I commented on that, too.

So...I figure if you don't like the topic of the thread, you're free to not comment on it.

Other than that, what I find interesting,actually, is MY business and I figure part of posting on a messageboard is I get to raise those subjects and have others who might be interested in the subject comment. But like I said, if it doesn't interest you, don't comment. :beer:

I think that anything that tries to make women subservient in this country IS my business.... far more than gay marriage or abortion is yours. You don't like gays, don't hang out with them. Don't want your significant other to have an abortion -- don't. When women in Iraq were starting to be forced into burqas, I commented on that, too.

The difference, as I have pointed out and you have repeatedly ignored is that the law makes those issues ny business, while the law does not require your subservience to men in accordance with First Curch of Podunkville.

And if you don't want to attend this church, don't.

So...I figure if you don't like the topic of the thread, you're free to not comment on it.

Likewise, I am free to comment on it, and point out the overreactionary BS you are trying to push.

Other than that, what I find interesting, or pathetic, actually, is MY business and I figure part of posting on a messageboard is I get to raise those subjects and have others who might be interested in the subject comment. But like I said, if it doesn't interest you, don't comment. :beer:

If you put it on this board, it then becomes the business of any-and-everyone that wishes to comment.

Then comment on the topic instead of saying it's none of my business. Most of what people talk about on messageboards is technically none of their business.

I did comment on the topic. That it is no one's concern but members of the curch is my comment. That includes you. Too bad if you don't like it.

I also shot your apples-n-oranges argument to shit and you have dodged that.

IF it was a law, not just a church rule, then your comparison would be valid, and I would probably agree with you that it was unfair and wrong. But it ain't, so I don't.

All in all, it's lose-lose for you.

I did comment on the topic. That it is no one's concern but members of the curch is my comment. That includes you. Too bad if you don't like it.

I also shot your apples-n-oranges argument to shit and you have dodged that.

IF it was a law, not just a church rule, then your comparison would be valid, and I would probably agree with you that it was unfair and wrong. But it ain't, so I don't.

All in all, it's lose-lose for you.

And I already said that if women are forced into subservient positions it IS my business. Doesn't matter if it's a chuch rule or a law....same as a woman being forced into a burqa is the business of other women.

And you did no such thing with your apples and oranges comment. You simply made yourself look silly by spouting platitudes about the societal effects of gay marriage and abortion (both of which are nil, in MY opinion) and are only based on YOUR opinion, in any event.

Why is it that you guys don't know how to have a discussion without this self-professed "winner/loser" thing... makes you look really silly. It's a messageboard. It's for discussion. You don't strike me as someone who's so insecure that they need to be validated that way... but I could be wrong. :huh:

And I already said that if women are forced into subservient positions it IS my business. Doesn't matter if it's a chuch rule or a law....same as a woman being forced into a burqa is the business of other women.

Well, you are wrong. No woman is being "forced" into anything. Attending THAT church is not a compulsory event in this Nation. If the women who choose to attend that church voluntarily place themselves ina subservient role, that is THEIR business.

And you did no such thing with your apples and oranges comment. You simply made yourself look silly by spouting platitudes about the societal effects of gay marriage and abortion (both of which are nil, in MY opinion) and are only based on YOUR opinion, in any event.

Damn ... I didn't think it was possible for you to make yourself look even more foolish, but props where they are due ... you have succeeded.

You need to quit ignoring the fact the law FORCES people to obey or be in violation thereof and subject to the consequences as stated, and rule that a person must voluntarily subject themselves to.

Why is it that you guys don't know how to have a discussion without this self-professed "winner/loser" thing... makes you look really silly. It's a messageboard. It's for discussion. You don't strike me as someone who's so insecure that they need to be validated that way... but I could be wrong. :huh:

Probably because you took it the wrong way. I wasn't claiming victory. Just calling your argument a lose/lose deal for you. Nothing more or less to that.

I think the school where Kathianne works should fire her as well and ship her and Mrs Lambert to Iran so they can be used as final proof that Americans are learning to act properly.

What color vail would you like Kathianne.

I think the school where Kathianne works should fire her as well and ship her and Mrs Lambert to Iran so they can be used as final proof that Americans are learning to act properly.

What color vail would you like Kathianne.

Lol! Red!

Miss Jillian, with all due respect you have yaken the issue completely out of context. This was a church policy. A bad one yes but not indictative of American society as a whole. Abortion is not even connected to the issue concerned that YOU originally posted. It was about the unfortunate Mary Lambert who for some reason after 54 years of faithful service was discharged and this reason given. You know what, there are probably some details connected to this that we do not know.

Gunny is just introducing the obvious argument to your feminist view. You brought in abortion, and you mentioned that Gunny wouldn't care in so long as it was not his church. Churches can't go around dictating policy to others. What the members can do if they do not agree is change churches. They can exercise their power of CHOICE. Isn't that wonderful!

Gay marriage and abortion affect us all. The policy of that church only affect the members that wish to stay there.

You are quite the warrior for woman's rights. Gunny was having a time with you.

I think theres giving someone a hard time...and then theres just going overboard with it.

Jillian posted an interesting article. In the United States, it is interesting (to me as well as others it seems) that a Christian church would fire someone because they were female.

Why did it need to become such a huge issue - it was just an interesting article - some crazy little church making some crazy little decision. As a woman, I'm totally horrified at this decision. As a libertarian, I'm happy that we grant crazy little churches the right to be crazy. And personally, I hope that they stay little - so their crazy little opinions stay as far the hell away from me as possible.

Not quite sure why some had to jump all up in Jillian's butt about it (to borrow a phrase from some of my more creative students). Its fine to question why she placed the article - but can't we do it in a somewhat calmer tone? After all, people post all sorts of silly stuff here - some important some completely irrelevant - its one of the things that keeps this place interesting.

I think theres giving someone a hard time...and then theres just going overboard with it.

Jillian posted an interesting article. In the United States, it is interesting (to me as well as others it seems) that a Christian church would fire someone because they were female.

Why did it need to become such a huge issue - it was just an interesting article - some crazy little church making some crazy little decision. As a woman, I'm totally horrified at this decision. As a libertarian, I'm happy that we grant crazy little churches the right to be crazy. And personally, I hope that they stay little - so their crazy little opinions stay as far the hell away from me as possible.

Not quite sure why some had to jump all up in Jillian's butt about it (to borrow a phrase from some of my more creative students). Its fine to question why she placed the article - but can't we do it in a somewhat calmer tone? After all, people post all sorts of silly stuff here - some important some completely irrelevant - its one of the things that keeps this place interesting.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gem again.

Damn!

I second that.

Forum List

Back