Unbelievable

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by jillian, Aug 21, 2006.

1. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    Gotta love it....

....sure there were. :dunno:

It's an aol article, so I can't give a link...

2. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    54 yrs.......maybe she was just a crazy old bat? :laugh:

3. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    There are WACKOS everywhere.

*Then again if women knew their place, there wouldn't be an issue.*:tongue1:

4. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    Yeah...that's the ticket. :thewave:

5. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    It would be nice if there were plenty of men around with enough money to comfortably keep us in our place. :firing:

6. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    She thinks women can teach men. That's just crazy talk. They can't even teach each other. :tongue1:

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
  8. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    But a whole church full? What was it...contagious?

A woman's place is in the house...and the senate....and the courtroom...and the operating room.....etc., etc., etc. lol...

Careful or we'll tell Judge P! :cheers2:

Pffffffffffffffffft! :slap:

9. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Yah, Mr. P. Go somewhere and get a grip. :wank:

10. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    Statement released that the sole reason for her being let go was NOT because she was a woman.

----

Changes began to be made to maximize our growth and meet the needs of the growing congregation. The majority of our membership was genuinely excited about the growth and new hope for the future of the church, however, as you recall there were some who were unhappy with new members joining the church, changes that were being made and my performance in general as pastor. As a result a small group decided to forgo the mechanisms that we have in place for dealing with conflicts or disagreements within the church and elected to hire a local attorney and aired their grievances in a letter to the Watertown Daily Times.

The Board passed a resolution on May 21st 2006 reprimanding those individuals and their actions, encouraged them to avail themselves to our in house mechanisms for expressing concerns and complaints rather than utilizing the local media and acknowledged many of their actions as detrimental to the health and vitality of the church. Since the May 21st resolution the Board has been aware that several of those individuals continued to engage in activities the Board viewed as detrimental to the church family. As stated in the Boards August 19th press release the reasons for this most recent decision was, multifaceted and the scriptural rules concerning women teaching men in a church setting was only a small aspect of that decision. Christian courtesy motivates us to refrain from making any public accusations against her.

We had originally intended to include the various multifaceted reasons for the dismissal in our corresponds however after legal review it was recommended that we refrain from including issues that could be construed as slander and stick with spiritual issues that govern a church, which the courts have historically stayed out of. With threats of lawsuits in the past we wanted to try hard to not go down that road again. I am sure you can understand why we would desire to exercise caution. As Pastor of the First Baptist Church I take very seriously my responsibilities to watch over the congregation and I also take very seriously proclaiming scripture as the truth and applicable for all situations of life and containing the blueprints for how we should structure our church corporately. I believe based on the consistent teaching of scripture that there are qualifications for both men and women teaching spiritual matters within the church. These qualifications do not mean that one is superior or more important than another it only means that God has a special plan for each of us in accomplishing His work within the church setting. I believe that as a Pastor I will ultimately stand before God and give an account of how I proclaimed and enforced His word within the church setting especially.

http://www.newswatch50.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=BE944216-2AA3-477E-8C67-601C1F638673