Unbelievable on ITV!!!

manu1959 said:
last i checked you moron the jews were not blowing up the reichstag

to equate nazi germany and their extermination of a race to the western civilization fighting against 4th century terroists only proves why everone makes fun of the left

The correct analogy here is:

The Jews were not blowing up the Reichstag, just like the vast majority of Muslims are not committing acts of terrorism. Therefore, the imprisonment of ALL Muslims would be just as unlawful as the imprisonment of the Jews was by the Nazis.

To equate ALL Muslims to terrorists, shows how ignorant and stupid some people are. When you can distinguish between radical fundamentalists, and your average Muslim, come back and we can have a debate. Until then, I say good day to you.

Edit: I had some spelling issues.

alien21010 said:
The correct analogy here is:

The Jews were not blowing up the Reichstag, just like the vast majority of Muslims are not committing acts of terrorism. Therefore, the imprisonment of ALL Muslims would be just as unlawful as the imprisonment of the Jews was by the Nazis.

To equate ALL Muslims to terrorists, shows how ignorant and stupid some people are. When you can distinguish between radical fundamentalists, and your average Muslim, come back and we can have a debate. Until then, I say good day to you.

Edit: I had some spelling issues.

On the same token, to equate all KKK to being killers is just as ignorant. They are still a hate group as is the Muslims, and I don't see very many people defending the KKK, so why should anyone defend Muslims? I say send all Muslims back to where ever they came from. If they were born here, send them back anyway.

alien21010 said:
Then what is the meter that determines which is worse? What is the meter that dictates to all of us that Terrorism is worse than drug addiction in the United States? Which set of morality must I subscribe to, to come to the same conclusion that all Muslims are terrorists, and that we "MUST ACT NOW!!!!!@!@!@!@" to save our future?

If its not the body count, then what is it?

40,000 Americans die each year from car accidents. Forty thousand. Think about that for a minute.

I don't mean to trivialize the deaths of Americans due to Terrorist acts, which are truly tragic. But, if you start to put it into comparison with the most common methods for death, you start to see... That terrorists make up a miniscule part of the tragic loss of American life each year. The truly sad part, is that if we put the amount of money and resources that we put into our military, into programs and research... We could solve a lot of the leading causes of death amongst Americans.

Just some food for thought.

I can see where you're going; however, if there is no United States, any social program and/or Promethian experimentation you wish to sink our tax dollars into the abyss of is moot.

And as you yourself have noted, "accidents" are usually a result of unforseen events. Terrorist attacks are premeditated, deliberate attacks.

More Americans die from auto accidents because we at least have been smart enough to take the war into THEIR yard. I doubt such would be the case if we just stuck our heads in the sand and waited for the next explosion.

Agreed---car accidents will remain approximately the same however we now have a group of people who have said and demonstrated a desire to kill MORE Americans. While auto safety should remain a concern it would be foolish to ignore the NEW threat. I just don't think we have a frim grip on how to do that yet but I DO think that we are making every effort to be open to any strategy that might be more successful.

Merlin said:
On the same token, to equate all KKK to being killers is just as ignorant. They are still a hate group as is the Muslims, and I don't see very many people defending the KKK, so why should anyone defend Muslims? I say send all Muslims back to where ever they came from. If they were born here, send them back anyway.

The Islamic faith is not a religion based on hatred. How many Muslims do you see in the United States teaching their children that building bombs and killing others is an acceptable way of life? Just because there are a few people perverting their religion, does not necessitate the subsequent removal of ALL Muslims.

If it does, then you could make the same argument for people of any religion.

GunnyL said:
I can see where you're going; however, if there is no United States, any social program and/or Promethian experimentation you wish to sink our tax dollars into the abyss of is moot.

And as you yourself have noted, "accidents" are usually a result of unforseen events. Terrorist attacks are premeditated, deliberate attacks.

More Americans die from auto accidents because we at least have been smart enough to take the war into THEIR yard. I doubt such would be the case if we just stuck our heads in the sand and waited for the next explosion.

Taking the war to their yard certainly has NOT stopped them from attempting to attack the United States or her allies. If it has, then how do you explain the bombings in London and Spain. If anything, taking the war to them has only infuriated and consolidated the base from which these islamic fundamentalists draw their manpower from.

Our soldiers over in Iraq are paying every day for us "taking the war to the Arabs."

What is really stopping the terrorists from making any more attacks? An Intelligence community/system that works. Only good, solid intelligence can stop the terrorists from attacking, not troops on the ground. Furthermore, if you want to see any real change in the area, we need to make a few drastic policy changes. The first being, the complete withdrawal from Israel. Withdraw from Israel, and start to come down on the Palestinians side on some issues (Jewish Settlements in particular) and we will win friends over there, because we will be perceived as an arbiter, not as a meddler. Secondly, work towards peaceful regime change, and development of Infrastructure. The same plan worked for the Germans and the Japanese after WW2, and can work again. Pump taxpayer money (as much as you hate to hear that) into the region, and work to raise these people's standards of living. A man with a job is not likely to pick up a gun. Finally, we really need to separate ourselves from the Christian dogma. If that means removing "God" from our currency, then so be it. If it saves ONE American life, then I personally believe that it is worth it to sacrifice the word "God" from our currency.

There are many strategies for dealing with the terrorists that do not necessarily involve military involvement. While I do not rule out military involvement (you would be a fool to do so), the military alone cannot win this war alone. We tried to do that in Vietnam, and look how miserably that turned out... We may kick everyone's asses on the battlefield, but if we cannot change how they perceive us, it will all be for naught. Especially if Iraq returns to despotic, or Fundamentalist control after we withdraw from the country.

alien21010 said:
Taking the war to their yard certainly has NOT stopped them from attempting to attack the United States or her allies. If it has, then how do you explain the bombings in London and Spain. If anything, taking the war to them has only infuriated and consolidated the base from which these islamic fundamentalists draw their manpower from.

Oh, now "our allies" are part of the equation? Look dude, you may want to let a bunch of criminals run you into your closet. I prefer to neutralize the threat by whatever means necessary and I'm not going to let a bunch of what if's scare me into inaction.

Our soldiers over in Iraq are paying every day for us "taking the war to the Arabs."

That's their job. To make war. Where've ya' been?
What is really stopping the terrorists from making any more attacks? An Intelligence community/system that works. Only good, solid intelligence can stop the terrorists from attacking, not troops on the ground. Furthermore, if you want to see any real change in the area, we need to make a few drastic policy changes. The first being, the complete withdrawal from Israel. Withdraw from Israel, and start to come down on the Palestinians side on some issues (Jewish Settlements in particular) and we will win friends over there, because we will be perceived as an arbiter, not as a meddler. Secondly, work towards peaceful regime change, and development of Infrastructure. The same plan worked for the Germans and the Japanese after WW2, and can work again. Pump taxpayer money (as much as you hate to hear that) into the region, and work to raise these people's standards of living. A man with a job is not likely to pick up a gun. Finally, we really need to separate ourselves from the Christian dogma. If that means removing "God" from our currency, then so be it. If it saves ONE American life, then I personally believe that it is worth it to sacrifice the word "God" from our currency.

There are many strategies for dealing with the terrorists that do not necessarily involve military involvement. While I do not rule out military involvement (you would be a fool to do so), the military alone cannot win this war alone. We tried to do that in Vietnam, and look how miserably that turned out... We may kick everyone's asses on the battlefield, but if we cannot change how they perceive us, it will all be for naught. Especially if Iraq returns to despotic, or Fundamentalist control after we withdraw from the country.

Dude, you're out there. Come down on the side of the Palestinians? Yeah, let's just side with a bunch of murdering Arabs over a democracy that just wants to be left alone.

Palestinians are frauds. They are Transjordan Arabs. Palestinians were assimilated into Arab society centuries ago. The great "Palestinian" Yassir Arafat was an Egyptian.

YOU side with a bunch of xenophobes bent on genocide if you want, and that's what it all boils down to. I'll pass.

alien21010 said:

If I didn't know better, I would think you were trying to be serious. We need a bit of humor here once in a while though, but you need a little bit more brushing up on it. Not much because it is funny.

GunnyL said:
Dude, you're out there. Come down on the side of the Palestinians? Yeah, let's just side with a bunch of murdering Arabs over a democracy that just wants to be left alone.

Palestinians are frauds. They are Transjordan Arabs. Palestinians were assimilated into Arab society centuries ago. The great "Palestinian" Yassir Arafat was an Egyptian.

YOU side with a bunch of xenophobes bent on genocide if you want, and that's what it all boils down to. I'll pass.

Yet again, most Palestinians do not support the acts of Hamas and the other terrorist groups in and around Israel. Public support in Palestinian occupied terroritories has drastically changed... No longer do the majority of them support the murdering of Israelis. Most would rather see a peaceful resolution to the issue, with two separate nations in the region, an Israeli nation, and a Palestinian nation. Why is that so hard to comply with? Can we not allow them to determine their whole future? Wasn't that one of the key, fundamental American values (self determination)? Is that not freedom in the most literal sense of the word?

I'm not siding with Hamas or the Martyrs Brigade. I agree, that those groups need to be taken out, and annihilated. The best way to do that however, is to make PROGRESS for the Palestinians towards their goal. If we can show the Palestinians that we are working towards what they want (which is not ridiculous to ask for), then the support for public attacks will drop drastically.

Arafat was a tool for the terrorist organizations, and now that he is finally removed, we may see a peaceful solution to the violence that has plagued the area for so long...

alien21010 said:
Yet again, most Palestinians do not support the acts of Hamas and the other terrorist groups in and around Israel. Public support in Palestinian occupied terroritories has drastically changed... No longer do the majority of them support the murdering of Israelis. Most would rather see a peaceful resolution to the issue, with two separate nations in the region, an Israeli nation, and a Palestinian nation. Why is that so hard to comply with? Can we not allow them to determine their whole future? Wasn't that one of the key, fundamental American values (self determination)? Is that not freedom in the most literal sense of the word?

I'm not siding with Hamas or the Martyrs Brigade. I agree, that those groups need to be taken out, and annihilated. The best way to do that however, is to make PROGRESS for the Palestinians towards their goal. If we can show the Palestinians that we are working towards what they want (which is not ridiculous to ask for), then the support for public attacks will drop drastically.

Arafat was a tool for the terrorist organizations, and now that he is finally removed, we may see a peaceful solution to the violence that has plagued the area for so long...

You know, all the south wanted was their own independant nation. Was it wrong to deny that, too? Truth is, the "Palestinians" didn't care when they were part of Jordan, it wasn't until the Jews started growing grapes the size of beachballs that they wanted a piece for themselves.

However, if the Palestinians truly oppose Hamas, let's see action, not words. Let's see the Palestinians help the Israelis root them out and mourn their victims, rather than hiding them in their homes and dancing in the streets with every "infidel" casualty.

alien21010 said:

Dude ...wake up. Israel had the Arabs shoved all the way up to Beirut and occupied The Golan Heights and the West Bank. Nobody forced them to offer the damned land to the so-called Palestinians.

Compare that to the Arabs who are so damned stupid they're attacking Israelis who are moving out of the West Bank to accomodate them.

And if the majority of Arabs don't support Hamas and Hezbollah then I say the same thing to them I do any other Arabs .... quit harboring them and/or turning a blind eye to their actions.

So you need to save your apologista, identify with anyone anti-US/anti-Israel attitude for someone who might actually buy off on it. No sale here. The ones not complying aren't the ones who extended the olive branch to begin with. It's the idiot ingrates they bothered to extend it to.

If the Arabs quit harboring/turning a blind eye to the actions of terrorist organizations, and speak out against their actions publicly and force them out into the light only THEN will progress be made.

Arafat was the same as all terrorists ... he made his fortune on hate and murder. As long as it remains a lucrative business, it isn't going anywhere.

alien21010 said:
Finally, we really need to separate ourselves from the Christian dogma. If that means removing "God" from our currency, then so be it. If it saves ONE American life, then I personally believe that it is worth it to sacrifice the word "God" from our currency.

Oh hell, thats a great idea. Give up our ideals and our entire belief system so the terrorists won't kill us. You sure you aren't from Spain? And why stop there? Why not just proclaim Islam the official religion, throw all the women in burqas, execute all the Jews, and replace the statue of Liberty with a giant statue of Mohammed? If America is just another province of the Dar al Islam, they would stop hating.

Hey it would save a life, so why not do it?

"Death is not the worst of evils"

Forum List

Back