Unarmed MPs?? lets vote on it...

Should MPs be armed to protect servicemen?

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Let me get this straight. On the largest army base in the country, the unarmed soldiers have to wait for an armed town cop, a lady no less, to stop an armed terrorist?

Why weren't the MPs armed? How many lives were lost due to this idiocy?

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. On the largest army base in the country, the unarmed soldiers have to wait for an armed town cop, a lady no less, to stop an armed terrorist?

Why weren't the MPs armed? How many lives were lost do to this idiocy?

Gals taking care of you guys goes back a long way.

I've got my permit.

Why weren't the MPs armed? How many lives were lost due to this idiocy?

Who ever said the MPs weren't armed?

Any military installation (Stateside) is going to have MPs, Security Forces, or hired contract security guards to protect the base. People in the military don't carry weapons with them when they are at home station.

Are people really this ignorant about military life?

They showed a picture of the girl that shot him...and she was in a military uniform. I don't believe she was a civilian. I could be wrong though! :)

MP's at the main gates would be armed but soldiers on base wouldn't carry weapons. Too bad. They may have been able to prevent some of the bloodshed.

If they take our right bear arms, it won't stop criminals from getting their hands on them. Drugs are illegal yet it still gets into the hands of folks. There is no resolution. Gun laws won't work = Drug laws won't work.

If they take our right bear arms, it won't stop criminals from getting their hands on them. Drugs are illegal yet it still gets into the hands of folks. There is no resolution. Gun laws won't work = Drug laws won't work.

You can't make a "they took our guns!" argument when you are talking about a federal installation. All military weaponry is properly secured when not in use.

That being said, where was it claimed that the MPs were unarmed? That certainly is not standard practice.

You can't make a "they took our guns!" argument when you are talking about a federal installation. All military weaponry is properly secured when not in use.

That being said, where was it claimed that the MPs were unarmed? That certainly is not standard practice.

Please explain how a town cop shot the shooter before the MPs on a military base? I saw on TV how all arms are locked-up when not in use. That seems to imply that MPs don't carry.

Why did a town cop have to stop the shooter? What happens if its a real terror attack like they were planning in NJ with about 6 to 10 shooters??

Forum List

Back