Unacceptable Redistribution of Wealth

Rightwinger, I have a solution to this dilemma You claimed to be a $250K a year engineer. Why not find as many like minded individuals such as yourself, set up a manditory charity and each of you donate 75% of your income to help out the poor who are getting poorer. That will leave you with around 33K annually, putting you on a par with the rest.
Essentually put you money where your mouth is.

Rightwinger, I have a solution to this dilemma You claimed to be a $250K a year engineer. Why not find as many like minded individuals such as yourself, set up a manditory charity and each of you donate 75% of your income to help out the poor who are getting poorer. That will leave you with around 33K annually, putting you on a par with the rest.

I wish I was a $250K engineer!

The point is its not the poor who are getting poorer....its everyone who draws a paycheck. Look at how much more you pay for a home, your kids education, energy, healthcare.....salaries have not kept pace.
My dad had a high school education and worked for the phone company. My mom never worked and they raised four kids and sent them all to college. They were able to buy a three bedroom house on an acre of land and didn't owe a cent after the last kid graduated college. My dad retired at 60.

That was the standard of living for a blue collar worker in the last generation.....try to do that today

The point is its not the poor who are getting poorer....its everyone who draws a paycheck. Look at how much more you pay for a home, your kids education, energy, healthcare.....salaries have not kept pace.
My dad had a high school education and worked for the phone company. My mom never worked and they raised four kids and sent them all to college. They were able to buy a three bedroom house on an acre of land and didn't owe a cent after the last kid graduated college. My dad retired at 60.

That was the standard of living for a blue collar worker in the last generation.....try to do that today

That's interesting, not long after I first started on this forum you claimed to be a $250K per year engineer with a child who was suffering from cancer in a previous thread. I remember becuse before you posted the above I told you about St. Judes Hospital for Children. Now you're saying that's not true.......uuuuuuummmmm.........

That's interesting, not long after I first started on this forum you claimed to be a $250K per year engineer with a child who was suffering from cancer in a previous thread. I remember becuse before you posted the above I told you about St. Judes Hospital for Children. Now you're saying that's not true.......uuuuuuummmmm.........

Sorry.....I'm an engineer and thats all you have right.
I have two healthy adult children

We have been sold the value of "Tinkle Down" for a generation

The facts show that the promised jobs went overseas, the median wealth of Americans went down and the rich somehow got richer

Did you really expect anything else?

What Maple, Ringel05 and others don't understand is the concept of the 'social compact.' You benefitted from being here as Americans, guys, and you are going to contribute your fair share to a better America. Don't like it? Move to Mexico. You will fit right in. Take Elvis and divecon with you.

What Maple, Ringel05 and others don't understand is the concept of the 'social compact.' You benefitted from being here as Americans, guys, and you are going to contribute your fair share to a better America. Don't like it? Move to Mexico. You will fit right in. Take Elvis and divecon with you.
fuck off asshole

Nobody is talking about confiscating money from the wealthy and giving it to the poor.

We are talking about ending tax benefits for the rich, improving benefits for the working class, reinstating workforce protections that have eroded.

Lets rediatribute the wealth to the percdentage it was 20 years ago. Americans were better off and the wealthy were not starving

The elitists like divecon and elvis and the other parasites just are tired of having to be Americans.

They know that it is not redistribution but fair/share adjustment and allocation.

The rich will no longer make the poor holler.

The elitists like divecon and elvis and the other parasites just are tired of having to be Americans.

They know that it is not redistribution but fair/share adjustment and allocation.

The rich will no longer make the poor holler.
yeah, keep up the class warfare

Load of horse crap Non - rightwinger. You have yet to furnish any proof beyond the opinion of the writer that the rich got all the money, nor is the interpretation of the data completely valid. Most if not all of the losses between 1998 and 2008 occurred between 2006 and 2008.

The problem with America is that except for a 'trick of economics', almost accidently introduced by liberals, the American economy is completely unworkable.

Let's look at the economic situation if 'liberal economics' were never employed:

People are people. They are selfish, cruel and have no regard for their fellow human beings. Each and every person would, if they could, do nothing but live an extrvagant life style with no responsibilties, no risk and no work. They don't care where the metal comes from that their cars are made of, they don't care who assembles their T.V. sets, they want permanent security and wealth, no risks, and to live their lives out as unaware spoiled little children. Everyone believes in their own inate superiority and will, if they can, enslave the whole world.

Wealthy people do not want to take risk, nor do they want to manage businesses, so as they gain the advantage thru free market economics, they automatically down size their businesses (just to simplify their own lives), make less risky investments and force a greater profit to investment ratio by reducing business costs. This reduction in business costs is mainly realized by reducing payrolls and employee benefits, as well as lowering product quality while increasing prices.

Meanwhile, an ever more economically disadvantaged working class has to take whatever they get - there is no relationship between employee productivity and earnings. Usually the most productive employees are paid the least in order to keep them disadvantaged. Working people are disempowered and desparate.

Free market/ supply side/trickle down economics will ALWAYS result in recessiondepression and possible total economic collapse, . A reinstatement of totalitarian militant supression of the working class is the only way to maintain social order.

The only peaceful mechanism that the working people have to maintian a balanced and fair economy is the government. However, due to Constitutional limitations, the actions that our government can take to maintain a healthy well-balanced and fair economy are very limited.

Taxing the wealthy and redistributing the wealth thru governement workers, government contractor and social programs for the very poor, is the 'liberal trick' that has so far worked to keep a somewhat balanced and fair economy.

It is easy to understand that wealth redistribution helps the economy by creating increased buying power of the working class and the poor, which in turn increases market demand which increases sales which increases business profitability.

What is not well understood is that taxing the wealthy in and of itself helps to stimulate the economy. It decreases the profit to investment ratio, thereby forcing the wealthy to invest more and to take greater risks in order to strive to maintain their incomes and support their extravagant lifestyles. Business expansion is the result.

Business expansion, in turn, creates increased market demand for working people, which results in higher pay and greater benefits. Employees are empowered. This creates increased buying power, which in turn increases market demand which increases sales which increases business profitability. An economic boom.

Everytime we have had significant tax increases on the wealthy, we've had a significantly improved economy or economic boom. Everytime we've reduced taxation on the wealthy we've had an economic crash.

The wealthy may present the argument that it is not their responsibilty to support soceity and regardless of the condition of the overall economy it is immoral to expect them to. However, the simple fact is that while investors do deserve some small profit on investment, the profits on investment during periods of Free market/ supply side/trickle down economics is totally out of balance with what they deserve and that those excessive profits exist only because they are severely underpaying workers - they are stealing from the workers.

So government playing the role of Robinhood - stealing from the rich and giving to the poor is absolutely justifyable. It would be better if governement stole from the rich and gave it directly to the workers or if government could directly dictate salaries based of the individual productivity f the workers, but the constitution prevents that. So the next best way of rectifying an otherwise totally unfair, unbalanced and unworkable economy is the above stated scheme of taxing the wealthy and redistributing the wealth.

If the wealthy had lived up to their commitment of 'Trickle-down' economics and if they had the decency and sense of responsibilty to pay workers fairly we would have a very workable economy. But they have not.

Free market/ supply side/trickle down economics turned into nothing but a scam and a con. The working class of America was completely betrayed by the wealthy.

So screw 'em. They had their chance and they screwed us and that's all there is to it!

What is amazing about the census numbers is that in a collapsing economy, the rich somehow got richer. The rightwingnuts criticize the poor and somehow think that it is the poor who are getting hurt. It is every working American who has less. You pay more for homes, your childs education, energy, healthcare....meanwhile salaries remain stagnant and the rich get richer

Last I looked, houses cost less now than they did in 2007.
If you think you're paying more for energy now, wait until cap and trade kicks in. That's going to really raise your energy prices, and I have a feeling it's going to hurt the poor and middle class more than it's going to hurt the wealthy.

What is amazing about the census numbers is that in a collapsing economy, the rich somehow got richer. The rightwingnuts criticize the poor and somehow think that it is the poor who are getting hurt. It is every working American who has less. You pay more for homes, your childs education, energy, healthcare....meanwhile salaries remain stagnant and the rich get richer

If you think you're paying more for energy now, wait until cap and trade kicks in. That's going to really raise your energy prices, and I have a feeling it's going to hurt the poor and middle class more than it's going to hurt the wealthy.

Indeed so. Just think of the small businesses that will have to let people go because they cannot keep up with what it will cost them in punitive energy costs alone?

Lest we forget where MOST jobs come from? Small Businesses. And it will have a domino effect into larger ones. Unemployment will climb to a point to make this past year seem rather mild in comparison.

Good post.

Define "fair share".
I hear "fair share" when it comes to people claiming the rich don't pay enough tax, but I have yet to have anybody satisfactorily define what "fair share" means.

Define "fair share".
I hear "fair share" when it comes to people claiming the rich don't pay enough tax, but I have yet to have anybody satisfactorily define what "fair share" means.

This should be good...in my estimation? Anyone that has steady employment and isn't leeching off of taxpayers and PAYING taxes are doing their "fairshare".

So let's have the gubment take it from the rich and redistribute it to people that don't work or pay taxes, sooper dooper idea ......

Every tax break for the rich is a "redistribution" of wealth TO the rich.

All the no bid contracts for companies such as "Haliburton" were simply more "redistribution" of wealth to the already rich.

Health care company CEOs making 30 or 40 or 50 million dollars for doing nothing more than skimming money off of sick people is "redistribution" of wealth.

Redistribution of wealth has already happened. The Republicans already did it to the American people, right up the rear.

Letter from Washington: Contract Sport : The New Yorker

Cheney said he will donate his ill gotten gains to charity. Don't hold your breath. He has been saying that for four years, every since the connection was discovered.

Republicans are actually masochists. Screaming "beat me" and "burn me" begging for it never to stop. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indeed so. Just think of the small businesses that will have to let people go because they cannot keep up with what it will cost them in punitive energy costs alone?

Lest we forget where MOST jobs come from? Small Businesses. And it will have a domino effect into larger ones. Unemployment will climb to a point to make this past year seem rather mild in comparison.

Good post.

The left will never be satisfied until everyone is lower middle class(except for those telling them this is the "fair American thing to do"), regardless of the individuals actions, or inaction, whatever the case may be.

They need to just shut the fuck up and do what they are going to do anyway. It'll be cold day in hell when I give anymore of the little I do have to them. There's a reason the good accountants don't live on the public dole.:razz:

Forum List

Back