Unable to read the rules…

Bob Blaylock

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2015
38°29′ North 121°26′ West
Trying to find a copy of the rules of this forum.

There's a link on the main page, titled USMB Guidelines for Posting. When I follow it, I get an error page, telling me that “You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.”.

Under the “Announcements and Feedback” subforum, there's a sticky titled USMB Rules and Guidelines. Following that link gets me the same result.

There's a link on the main page, titled USMB Guidelines for Posting. When I follow it, I get an error page, telling me that “You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.”.

Under the “Announcements and Feedback” subforum, there's a sticky titled USMB Rules and Guidelines. Following that link gets me the same result.

Bob, I've always been taken back by the crazy number of forums, zones and rules here and the fact that they are all zone based yet you never know what zone you're in! See anything on this page telling you what zone you're in right now? What the guidelines are? Long ago I studied it all and cooked it all down into a simplified, congruent chart, easy to understand. I've even bounced it off moderation and they verified it approved and accurate. If you don't get a good answer here and want, write me privately and I'll send you a copy.

• Banned

Bob, I've always been taken back by the crazy number of forums, zones and rules here and the fact that they are all zone based yet you never know what zone you're in! See anything on this page telling you what zone you're in right now? What the guidelines are? Long ago I studied it all and cooked it all down into a simplified, congruent chart, easy to understand. I've even bounced it off moderation and they verified it approved and accurate. If you don't get a good answer here and want, write me privately and I'll send you a copy.

Sure. Please send me a copy.

For the most part, I don't seem to have much trouble running afoul of the rules, though there is one rule that I have been infracted for a number of times (unjustly, I think), and which I now believe that someone (who happens to be one of the moderators) is intentionally trying to bait me into violating.

I wanted to be able to read the rules, the better to avoid being baited into crossing the line, but it seems that I am not allowed to read them at this time. Very convenient for one who is trying to lure me across the line, for me not to be able to see where that line actually is.

0E1E146B-E0A6-48BA-9328-D210D887F0C0.png
This is what I get when I click your link.

Was I supposed to be able to read that link? I get the same result there as for the two that I posted in my OP.

seemed to be in plain English.

(hmm, maybe that's the problem)

• Banned
Yes, that is exactly what I get, as well.

View attachment 205111 This is what I get when I click your link.

Was I supposed to be able to read that link? I get the same result there as for the two that I posted in my OP.

View attachment 205111 This is what I get when I click your link.

Sorry..but I get the same that Bob gets. You see it, Will, because of cookies I guess? Point is...WE can't.

Sorry..but I get the same that Bob gets. You see it, Will, because of cookies I guess? Point is...WE can't.
You need your special USMB Rule Decoder Ring which I just happen to have on sale. Half price!! Just 10 easy payments of $550 each and the ring will be yours!!

I found this, Bob.

We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation.

We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.

That was me.. I'm guilty and I apologize. I stored off a copy of the Posting Guidelines for editing tonight and inadvertently broke the linkage. I just restore it about 15 minutes ago... Then I found this thread. Now I'm REALLY embarrassed...

But the mystery is solved.

New Topics

Forum List

Back