UN: Worldwide Disaster Wiping Nations Off Earth in 10 Years if Climate Change Not Addressed

Yes, I think humans can reduce global warming.
Define 'global warming'...

PS: I wouldn't worship a god who murders innocents and that's precisely what you just said he does.
You don't understand Christian dogma very well, then... According to Christianity, God is the SOURCE and CREATOR of life. It is HIS to give and HIS to take away. He owns it. Also, according to Christianity, NOBODY is "innocent"... We are all sinners (guilty of sin), deserving of an eternity in the 'lake of fire'...

I don't believe in the supernatural. No unicorns, no dragons, no magic, no gods.
Define 'supernatural'...

I don't believe in unicorns nor dragons. I do believe in God, though.

PS: I wouldn't worship a god who murders innocents and that's precisely what you just said he does.
You don't understand Christian dogma very well, then... According to Christianity, God is the SOURCE and CREATOR of life. It is HIS to give and HIS to take away. He owns it. Also, according to Christianity, NOBODY is "innocent"... We are all sinners (guilty of sin), deserving of an eternity in the 'lake of fire'...

I don't believe in the supernatural. No unicorns, no dragons, no magic, no gods.
Define 'supernatural'...

Forget it man.......atheistic assholes are the most dangerous mofu's among us. Its the world according to them.:popcorn:

Define 'supernatural'...

Forget it man.......atheistic assholes are the most dangerous mofu's among us. Its the world according to them.:popcorn:
What makes Atheism dangerous is the Atheists who are fundamentalists. Fundamentalism occurs when one attempts to prove their religion (when one attempts to prove a circular argument). It is a logical fallacy. Christians also have this issue, as do any other believers in any other religion.

There always is a certain level of "world according to them", since what we call "reality" is really just an individual's model of the universe and how it works. Reality is experienced differently by everyone. We learn this through the branch of Philosophy known as Phenomenology.

Define 'supernatural'...

What makes Atheism dangerous is the Atheists who are fundamentalists. Fundamentalism occurs when one attempts to prove their religion (when one attempts to prove a circular argument). It is a logical fallacy. Christians also have this issue, as do any other believers in any other religion.

There always is a certain level of "world according to them", since what we call "reality" is really just an individual's model of the universe and how it works. Reality is experienced differently by everyone. We learn this through the branch of Philosophy known as Phenomenology.

The person you are alluding to.....his universe and then there is everybody else. No level of awareness that the thinking is radical and accepted only at the far reaches of the Bell Curve. Real sketchy stuff.....

The increased warming of the planet caused by the greenhouse effect acting on CO2, methane, CFCs and NO2 whose levels have been significantly raised primarily by human activities. Human deforestation is another warming factor.

You don't understand Christian dogma very well, then...

That's a very broad conclusion to make based on a single sentence. I think we should both wait to get some more input before drawing conclusions about each other.

According to Christianity, God is the SOURCE and CREATOR of life.

Yes, Genesis says Yahweh created all life on this planet.

It is HIS to give and HIS to take away.

Is it? The god of the OT certainly acts under that presupposition but in the beatitudes of the Sermon on the Mount, Yeshua outlines a system that looks most like a contract; that exhibiting the proper characteristics in life will guarantee you a place in heaven. The willful and peremptory actions of the Old Testament's god are replaced.

He owns it.

He claims it. There was no one to give it to him.

Also, according to Christianity, NOBODY is "innocent"

Are you trying to say that your god has the right to execute anyone he wants as punishment for the original sin? And you think this is divine and worshipful behavior? Were the millions of innocent people killed in natural disasters throughout history all being executed as punishment for the original sin? And if not, why did they die?

... We are all sinners (guilty of sin), deserving of an eternity in the 'lake of fire'...

You believe the source of all goodness, a perfect being, would punish billions of people with an eternity of unimaginable pain and torture because one person disobeyed him 6,000 years ago?.

Define 'supernatural'...

Are you unfamiliar with the word?

SUPERNATURAL: beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.

Why don't you believe in unicorns or dragons? No faith?

As much as I would love to argue religion with you, that is off-topic for this thread and this forum. I believe your comment that got us started down this path was that God wouldn't let us hose up the planet he'd given us. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. Bringing religion into this discussion is the end of debate. I would really hate to see someone taking gospel as a justification for doing anything they want to the planet - a view I have heard here more than once. I have far more sympathy with the Christian view that humans ought to be shepherds and caregivers of God's works. But in any case, it is impossible to prove that gods exist or do not exist or discern what a god might want you to do with the planet. So.. moot.

Nice to meet you.

Will increasing energy costs "wipe nations off the Earth"? I doubt it. Man up, dude, your species is in trouble.

The increased warming of the planet caused by the greenhouse effect acting on CO2, methane, CFCs and NO2 whose levels have been significantly raised primarily by human activities. Human deforestation is another warming factor.
Nope, that definition doesn't work... it is circular... You are defining 'global warming' as 'global warming'... Saying "increased warming of the planet" is the same thing as saying "global warming"... Try again.

That's a very broad conclusion to make based on a single sentence. I think we should both wait to get some more input before drawing conclusions about each other.
No, it's quite clear to me already that you don't understand Christian dogma very well.

Yes, Genesis says Yahweh created all life on this planet.
Correct. You understand that part of the dogma.

Is it? The god of the OT certainly acts under that presupposition but in the beatitudes of the Sermon on the Mount, Yeshua outlines a system that looks most like a contract; that exhibiting the proper characteristics in life will guarantee you a place in heaven. The willful and peremptory actions of the Old Testament's god are replaced.
Yes, life IS his to give and his to take away. He created it. The beatitudes do not claim that those characteristics guarantee you a place in heaven. We can't get to heaven on our own accord... They are, rather, describing the characteristics of one who has been saved.

Are you trying to say that your god has the right to execute anyone he wants as punishment for the original sin?
He is the creator of life. He has every right to take that life away.

And you think this is divine and worshipful behavior?
Yes, I do.

Were the millions of innocent people killed in natural disasters throughout history all being executed as punishment for the original sin? And if not, why did they die?
They aren't "innocent", according to Christian dogma. Nobody is. We have ALL sinned and have ALL earned the wages of sin (death).

You believe the source of all goodness, a perfect being, would punish billions of people with an eternity of unimaginable pain and torture because one person disobeyed him 6,000 years ago?.
They aren't being punished for Adam's sin; they are being punished for their own sin, which has been passed down through the generations beginning with Adam.

Are you unfamiliar with the word?

SUPERNATURAL: beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.
So something is no longer "natural" simply because we do not yet understand it?

Why don't you believe in unicorns or dragons? No faith?
Attempted Force of a Negative Proof Fallacy. Any attempt to answer this question would force me into committing the Argument From Ignorance Fallacy. I don't have to justify my belief that those things don't exist in actuality.

As much as I would love to argue religion with you, that is off-topic for this thread and this forum. I believe your comment that got us started down this path was that God wouldn't let us hose up the planet he'd given us. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.
I didn't start the religious talk... I believe that some other poster started it, you gave a response, and now I gave a response to your response.

Bringing religion into this discussion is the end of debate. I would really hate to see someone taking gospel as a justification for doing anything they want to the planet - a view I have heard here more than once. I have far more sympathy with the Christian view that humans ought to be shepherds and caregivers of God's works.
Agreed. I think we should take care of the planet as well. I'm all for taking care of it. The debate is what's the proper way to take care of it, or what is necessary to do to take care of it...

But in any case, it is impossible to prove that gods exist or do not exist or discern what a god might want you to do with the planet. So.. moot.

Nice to meet you.
Agreed that it is impossible to prove/disprove god(s)...

Forum List

Back