UN wants to prosecute "Ecocide" and deniers as war crimes

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
Ah yes, corporations have no rights, but Mother Earth does!

U.N. Proposal to Prosecute U.S. for ?Ecocide? - Climate Change - Fox Nation

The UN Framework Convention on Climate Change conference, which opened in Cancun, Mexico on Monday, has yielded another example of how supposedly idealistic notions concocted by Western liberals, no matter how daft, can be transformed into weapons for international power politics. Bolivia has renewed its call for the establishment of an International Tribunal for Climate Justice that would be able to sanction governments that engage in "ecocide," defined as crimes against biodiversity, nature and Mother Earth.

Bolivia's UN Ambassador Pablo Salon asserted it was unacceptable for some developed countries to refuse a new commitment under the Kyoto Protocol. "Developed countries were looking for solutions that would put the onus on developing countries to reduce emissions," Salon said. Making "ecocide" the equivalent of a war crime (or a crime against peace) would apply exclusively to the actions of developed countries.

American Thinker Blog: UN Proposal to Prosecute the U.S. for "Ecocide"

Let's just abolish the UN. the only thing they do well is store treaties. We can do that pretty easily without them.

Let's just abolish the UN. the only thing they do well is store treaties. We can do that pretty easily without them.

Agreed. The United Nations As it exists today is the He-man, Despots and Dictators, America-Haters Club.

LMAO! You weren't saying that when the UN backed the Bush invasion, so what changed your mind? You were happy when when nations pitched in to give our troops relief, so what changed your mind?

Last edited:

Probably.

But no other body on the planet can match the U.N. at issuing meaningless resolutions in lieu of real action.

And what will those folks in NY who earn a living keeping track of all the unpaid parking tickets issued to U.N. pukes do if we shutter the place?

The UN Framework Convention on Climate Change conference, which opened in Cancun, Mexico on Monday, has yielded another example of how supposedly idealistic notions concocted by Western liberals, no matter how daft, can be transformed into weapons for international power politics. Bolivia has renewed its call for the establishment of an International Tribunal for Climate Justice that would be able to sanction governments that engage in "ecocide," defined as crimes against biodiversity, nature and Mother Earth.

Bolivia's UN Ambassador Pablo Salon asserted it was unacceptable for some developed countries to refuse a new commitment under the Kyoto Protocol. "Developed countries were looking for solutions that would put the onus on developing countries to reduce emissions," Salon said. Making "ecocide" the equivalent of a war crime (or a crime against peace) would apply exclusively to the actions of developed countries.

Corporations have no right? Didn't the USSC just give/ensure they had the right to buy the United States Government?

yaknow

I didn't need another reason for us to leave the UN, but thanks for reminding me.

ec·o·cide   /ˈɛkəˌsaɪd, ˈikə-/ Show Spelled
[ek-uh-sahyd, ee-kuh-] Show IPA

–noun
the destruction of large areas of the natural environment by such activity as nuclear warfare, overexploitation of resources, or dumping of harmful chemicals.

whodathunkit

It's a real word.

I wish them the best of luck in going after china.

Abolish, kick them out and bulldoze the buildings. then use the land to build a garrish and overly expensive mall, with gold plated fountains, elevators that only stop at floors that are there, have the walls lined with gargoyles then hire a gay man to do the interior as preatty as he can, money wil not be an issue, we can print more after we burn through all we save by not have the UN around.

If the UN wants, they can prosecute me for something. I won't even offer up a defense because I've always wanted a stern letter from the UN. Imagine. One of those addressed to me. That would be cool.

If the UN wants, they can prosecute me for something. I won't even offer up a defense because I've always wanted a stern letter from the UN. Imagine. One of those addressed to me. That would be cool.

I want a damn resolution or nothing !! :cool:

This is just another sad attempt by the UN to try to find a permanent revenue stream to feed its corrupt and incompetent bureaucracy.

They have no legal jurisidiction; and the U.S. could easily put a dagger in its heart by withdrawing all funding, which we should do.

This is just another sad attempt by the UN to try to find a permanent revenue stream to feed its corrupt and incompetent bureaucracy.

They have no legal jurisidiction; and the U.S. could easily put a dagger in its heart by withdrawing all funding, which we should do.

It might be scary to know the real reason that we put up with them.

Forum List

Back