UN Vote on Palestinian State in September 2011

Are you in favor of all people on this planet having the right to claim land their ancestors allegedly occupied thousands of years ago?

That's a very loose interpretation of "ancestors"...

Someone inform Spain that we'll be taking back the southern part of their country to form the Caliphate of Qurtuba. I trust that we'll have the support of the Zionists in this endeavor. :cool:

The resolutions are meaningless.
Because?

Because general assembly resolutions have no power.
Be sure to mention that to Ari Shavit

"The writing is on the wall: 2011 is going to be a diplomatic 1973. In September and October the UN General Assembly will decide whether to establish a Palestinian state in the 1967 borders.

"The international community will recognize a Palestinian state.

"At that moment, every Israeli apartment in Jerusalem's French Hill neighborhood will become illegal.

"Every military base in the West Bank will be contravening the sovereignty of an independent UN member state.

"The Palestinians will not be obligated to accept demilitarization and peace and to recognize the occupation...

"The conflict will quickly become a popular confrontation.

"The Palestinians will march on Jerusalem, and Israel will be condemned.

"A diplomatic siege from without and a civil uprising from within will grip Israel in a stranglehold."

Everything Changes if the Arab Spring produces the State of Palestine in 2011.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/opinion/israel-needs-to-launch-a-preemptive-diplomatic-strike-1.353214

Are you in favor of all people on this planet having the right to claim land their ancestors allegedly occupied thousands of years ago?

That's a very loose interpretation of "ancestors"...

Someone inform Spain that we'll be taking back the southern part of their country to form the Caliphate of Qurtuba. I trust that we'll have the support of the Zionists in this endeavor. :cool:
Maybe Belgium is closer to the bulls-eye?

"If international civil society is serious about urgently ending Israel’s violations of Palestinian rights, including ending the occupation, then suspension of SWIFT transactions to and from Israeli banks offers an instrument to help bring about a peaceful resolution of an intractable conflict...

"Although access to New York banks remains essential for foreign exchange transactions because of the role of the dollar, interbank transfer instructions are conducted through the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT), which is based in Belgium. So, instead of New York — as in the period when sanctions were applied on South Africa– Belgium is now the pressure point.

"SWIFT links 8,740 financial institutions in 209 countries. Without access to SWIFT and its interbank payment network, countries are unable either to pay for imports or to receive payment for exports.

"In short, no payment — no trade.

Terry Crawford-Browne: To end the occupation, cripple Israeli banks

Some of the land Israel is on belongs to Arabs.

"The 1948 Palestinian exodus (Arabic: الهجرة الفلسطينية*, al-Hijra al-Filasṭīnīya), also known as Nakba (Arabic: النكبة*, an-Nakbah), meaning the 'disaster', 'catastrophe', or 'cataclysm',[1] occurred when approximately 725,000 Palestinian Arabs left, fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War and the Civil War that preceded it."

1948 Palestinian exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I said thousands of years. how far back is 1948?

Or are Jews special?

In any event the history of Palestine is a little more controversial than you've been lead to believe:

"Palestinians have continuously resided in Palestine since four thousand years before Christ... Their ancestors built the cities of Jerusalem, Nablus, Jericho, Beisan, Acca and Jaffa.

"The Hebrews arrived in the land between 1400-1200 B.C., and only maintained control over it during the lifetimes of King David and his son King Solomon – a period of about 80 years.

"The land then came under Greek and Roman rule, and was then conquered by Islam in the year 637 A.D. under the second Caliph, Omar.

"By that time, the Jews had already left Jerusalem, and Christianity was the dominant religion.

"The Caliph granted full security to all Christians, including personal safety, and protection of property, religion and churches.

"The Muslims declared Jerusalem the capital of Palestine, and the city remained under Islamic rule until the end of the Ottoman Empire in 1918, except for a brief time of Christian rule under the Crusaders."

US Involvement in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Solution or Complication? by Lt. Col. Mohammed F. Abo-Sak

Are you in favor of Genocide? Because thats exactly what will happen to the Jews if they can't defend themself.

I said thousands of years. how far back is 1948?

Or are Jews special?

In any event the history of Palestine is a little more controversial than you've been lead to believe:

"Palestinians have continuously resided in Palestine since four thousand years before Christ... Their ancestors built the cities of Jerusalem, Nablus, Jericho, Beisan, Acca and Jaffa.

"The Hebrews arrived in the land between 1400-1200 B.C., and only maintained control over it during the lifetimes of King David and his son King Solomon – a period of about 80 years.

"The land then came under Greek and Roman rule, and was then conquered by Islam in the year 637 A.D. under the second Caliph, Omar.

"By that time, the Jews had already left Jerusalem, and Christianity was the dominant religion.

"The Caliph granted full security to all Christians, including personal safety, and protection of property, religion and churches.

"The Muslims declared Jerusalem the capital of Palestine, and the city remained under Islamic rule until the end of the Ottoman Empire in 1918, except for a brief time of Christian rule under the Crusaders."

US Involvement in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Solution or Complication? by Lt. Col. Mohammed F. Abo-Sak

Are you in favor of Genocide? Because thats exactly what will happen to the Jews if they can't defend themself.

I'm sure the sky will fall as well. :rolleyes:

That land has changed hands many times throughout history without the occurrence of genocide. Well, I guess you could call what reportedly happened to the Canaanites a genocide...

Or are Jews special?

That land has changed hands many times throughout history without the occurrence of genocide. Well, I guess you could call what reportedly happened to the Canaanites a genocide...

Israel is surround by countries that would nothing better than to extirmentnate them.

Israel is surround by countries that would nothing better than to extirmentnate them.

Oh? Please support that statement with evidence from some sort of survey.

Oh? Please support that statement with evidence from some sort of survey.

Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, soon Egypt. because of the Muslim bortherhood.

Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, soon Egypt. because of the Muslim bortherhood.

...So there's no survey or anything like that?

Are you that stupid?

Stupid enough to consider your vague, ill-informed perceptions of Middle Eastern politics and public opinion as proof of genocidal intent? Nope. If you make a claim and can't support it with reliable evidence, don't expect anyone who thinks critically to believe you. Introducing insults into the discussion simply underscores your inability to argue your point.

...So there's no survey or anything like that?

Are you that stupid?

Stupid enough to consider your vague, ill-informed perceptions of Middle Eastern politics and public opinion as proof of genocidal intent? Nope. If you make a claim and can't support it with reliable evidence, don't expect anyone who thinks critically to believe you. Introducing insults into the discussion simply underscores your inability to argue your point.

Most Muslim countries hate Israel Anyone thats can think for themself knows who is telling the truth. Me or you.

Are you that stupid?

Most Muslim countries hate Israel Anyone thats can think for themself knows who is telling the truth. Me or you.

I haven't even made a claim. I simply questioned yours and you seem to be unwilling or unable to offer evidence.

Try going in front of a judge and telling him "everyone knows the defendant is guilty!" See if that argument results in a conviction.

Israel is also beset with internal divisions.

Since the fall of the Soviet Union many Eastern European Jews who've migrated to Israel display a level of racism towards Arabs that rivals what was displayed in white South Africa or Jim Crow Dixie against Blacks.

Thousands of these recent immigrants have been settled on the West Bank, and if they are forced to relocate the possibility of civil war within Israel arises. For all the concern of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of Islamic terrorists, it would be ironic, at least, if Israel became the second democracy to incinerate its enemies, and the first to do so within its own borders.

btw, recently I heard on Pacifica radio a nuclear engineer make the claim that recent calculations have revealed a nuclear exchange involving only 1% of the world's nuclear weapons would produce enough smoke to prevent anything from growing on the surface of this planet for at least one year.

Jus sayin'

Are you that stupid?

By an overwhelming majority the populations of all Muslim countries currently hate and fear Israel (and the US) primarily because of the Israeli occupation of Palestine which could not exist without US support.

When that illegal occupation ends, so will some of the hatred. How much of the hatred disappears depends largely on how successful Jews, Muslims, and Christians are at ignoring the religious/economic extremists in their midst who will never stop advocating the total destruction of "the evil other."

Americans should clean their own house first in this regard before they worry about radical Jews or Muslims.

Because general assembly resolutions have no power.

True. UN General Assembly resolution 181 means nothing.
Israel is a state because of the IDF not because of the UN .
Which came first?

"The following is a list of United Nations resolutions that concern Israel and bordering states such as Lebanon.

"The U.N. has passed more resolutions condemning Israel than it has all other nations combined."

If you look at this map of the 1947 UN Partition Plan for Palestine you will see the degree of gerrymandering necessary to construct a "Jewish State" within a country whose population was about 66% non-Jewish at that time.

Today, US conservatives are clinging to the apartheid Jewish State the same way conservatives in the 60s held onto Jim Crow in Dixie.

And you are going to lose today in Israel exactly like you lost in Alabama then.

It's Natural Selection.

New Topics

Forum List

Back