UN trying to run US elections

wolvie20m

Oct 20, 2004
Seattle, Wa
Is U.N. Trying to Influence U.S. Elections?
Friday, October 29, 2004
By Nile Gardiner
It seems that every four years, there’s some sort of “October surprise” in American politics.

This year, it’s the “revelation” that some 380 tons of powerful conventional explosives are missing from the al Qaqaa (search) former Iraqi military complex near Baghdad.

This story, seemingly leaked by officials at a United Nations agency, has caused a political storm in Washington. Sen. John Kerry has accused President Bush of “incredible incompetence.”

But the real threat here is that un-elected U.N. officials may be trying to bring down a president.

This controversy arose after The New York Times published an article based on leaked information, most likely originating from the International Atomic Energy Agency (search), headed by Director General Mohammed El Baradei. The Times article reported that the IAEA had received a letter from the Iraqi Ministry of Science and Technology on Oct. 10 reporting the loss of 341.7 metric tons of HMX, RDX and PETN.

This article strongly implied the explosives were taken by insurgents after U.S. troops failed to properly secure al Qaqaa. However, subsequent news stories indicate that, in all likelihood, the explosives were already gone when the invasion of Iraq began.
So let’s consider the timing: The Times piece was published just one week ahead of the U.S. presidential election and squarely aimed at influencing the electoral debate.

Also, the IAEA waited two weeks before reporting the missing explosives to the Security Council. That, plus the subsequent leak of critical information to two American media outlets, strongly suggests a political agenda.

There is certainly no shortage of tension between the IAEA and the administration. The United States has consistently opposed the return of U.N. inspectors to Iraq and has been critical of the IAEA’s performance with regard to the growing threat posed by Iran. The Bush administration reportedly opposes ElBaradei’s attempts to seek reelection for a third term as director general.

The controversy over the IAEA’s role in the al Qaqaa missing-stockpile scandal should also be viewed within the context of the increasingly tense relationship between the Bush administration and the United Nations over the war in Iraq and the removal of Saddam Hussein’s regime.

U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan described the war as an “illegal” violation of the U.N. Charter in a Sept. 16 interview with the BBC, adding, “I hope we do not see another Iraq-type operation for a long time.”

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137121,00.html

Anyone else tired of everyone else messing with our elections trying to depose our president. I think our choice this Noveber will shut them up and maybe lose our support. The US being a major finacial supporter of the UN obvisly shows where they might be leaning. Kerry being such a supporter a "group effort" would want to continue to support the UN. Yet I see Bush possibly cutting them off. Constantly going against us and we pay them, doesn't make alot of sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong though.

wolvie20m said:
I guess no one cares.
Oh I care..and I'm sure I'm not alone. I'd love to toss the UN out and be done with the worthless bastards.

BUT...as the old saying goes...."Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" always comes to mind.
And these days it couldn't be more true..IMO.

Mr. P said:
Oh I care..and I'm sure I'm not alone. I'd love to toss the UN out and be done with the worthless bastards.

BUT...as the old saying goes...."Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" always comes to mind.
And these days it couldn't be more true..IMO.

have to agree with P on that one.

Like I said I could be wrong, I also like that opinion. Yet I think these leaks are clear breaches of security what’s next?

They need to get the hell out of NYC and the US altogether.

Why Tim ? Don't you enjoy getting stabbed in the back by your guests ???

:piss2: UN

We can kick them out of the US and STILL keep a close eye on them. I don't want this hotbed of spies and corrupt MFs here any more. Anywhere but here!

dilloduck said:
We can kick them out of the US and STILL keep a close eye on them. I don't want this hotbed of spies and corrupt MFs here any more. Anywhere but here!

i too have never understood why we allow so many corrupt dictators in our country move the un to paris where it belongs

Forum List

Back