UN Maps show we are losing in Afghanistan

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
The release of 2 confidentail UN "residual risk accessibility" maps show that insurgents have relocated from the south where the main focus of combat is occuring to other parts of the country. Areas that were safe are no longer safe and the country as a whole is worse off than 6 months ago.

The Wall Street Journal article has the maps at the following:

U.N. Maps Rate Afghanistan Less Secure - WSJ.com

This is another example of how not to occupy a country or fight insurgents. Sufficient amount of forces is necassary to occupy all of the country to keep insurgents from moving around the country to avoid direct contact with security forces. Now that we have committed to leave all they have to do is avoid any direct contact and do their little bombings and ambushes and eventually they will have the country to themselves and the Taliban can regain control.

The release of 2 confidentail UN "residual risk accessibility" maps show that insurgents have relocated from the south where the main focus of combat is occuring to other parts of the country. Areas that were safe are no longer safe and the country as a whole is worse off than 6 months ago.

The Wall Street Journal article has the maps at the following:

U.N. Maps Rate Afghanistan Less Secure - WSJ.com

This is another example of how not to occupy a country or fight insurgents. Sufficient amount of forces is necassary to occupy all of the country to keep insurgents from moving around the country to avoid direct contact with security forces. Now that we have committed to leave all they have to do is avoid any direct contact and do their little bombings and ambushes and eventually they will have the country to themselves and the Taliban can regain control.
I don't think so, the main problem is that the US has not learned from Vietnam, rather than fighting guerrilla warfare with guerrilla warfare which is a proven strategy (used by commonwealth forces) during the Malaya war against communist insurgents the US military sticks to major battles, tactical strikes and random searches for militants (the same failed strategy used in Vietnam). If the US stuck to guerrilla warfare, arming local warlords and building up the economy in Afghanistan then the war would have been over years ago, all the current situation in Afghanistan demonstrates is that the US military needs an overhaul and that some leaders at the top have to go, that is if the US really wants to win the war. :eusa_eh:

PS: You would think after training the Taliban the CIA would have the good sense to realize the threat it is facing and be able to deal with it, after all it did train it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Every war of occupation with the motive of the submission of a hostile population is a losing proposition.

The only time a nation can subdue a people is by murdering so many of them that their society falls apart or if those people are WILLING to be subdued.

Every war of occupation with the motive of the submission of a hostile population is a losing proposition.

The only time a nation can subdue a people is by murdering so many of them that their society falls apart or if those people are WILLING to be subdued.

Ever even come close to opening a history book?

Afghanistan was a peaceful Buddhist country before the Muzzie barbarians occupied it and subdued and murdered the Buddhists and destroyed the country.

Now, you know :clap2:

Afghanistan was a peaceful Buddhist country before the Muzzie barbarians occupied it and subdued and murdered the Buddhists and destroyed the country.

Actually Afghanistan was far better off in the 1960s before the Mujahideen, Al Qaeda and Taliban came to the country and fucked it up.

schoolgirls+in+Kabul+1960s.jpg

100527_19-Afghanistan-148.jpg

afghanistan-2.jpg

when_afghanistan_had_640_08.jpg

Hold up. WE WIN every battle we're ever in with those pieces of shit. They always run, hide, plant IEDs, ambush, etc. We're used to that by now.....

Of course they're gonna run north when we focus on the south, but we are without a doubt gonna win there.

We have what, 6 more months to get this right? Just sweep whatever areas needed, bomb whatever we have to, train the Afghan Army and security forces the best we can, etc.

PS: You would think after training the Taliban the CIA would have the good sense to realize the threat it is facing and be able to deal with it, after all it did train it. :rolleyes:
:cuckoo: What makes you think the US was "training the Taliban"? Who told you that and why did you believe them?

Actually Afghanistan was far better off in the 1960s before the Mujahideen, Al Qaeda and Taliban came to the country and fucked it up.
You forgot to mention the Soviet invasion DAN.

That's why our military are so great. They're generally so much more intelligent than civilians.... they understand that stuff is hard and takes time.... civilians are more whiny.

Shut your cock holster.

The Soviets haven't been in Afghanistan for more than 20 years, your religion of peace and tolerance ruined Afghanistan.

The Soviets haven't been in Afghanistan for more than 20 years, your religion of peace and tolerance ruined Afghanistan.
Incorrect.

Afghanistan was just fine under Islam and Sharia..

It was the Russians, and later the American invaders, who ruined the country. :doubt:

Although I am sure the Cold War didn't help Afghanistan very much when it comes to freedoms of any sort, I am pretty sure Sharia Law wouldn't exactly help Freedom of Speech or Religion in some instances.

I believe just fine depends on what just fine is, your just fine is probably a lot different then mine. Same for anyone else.

The military knows how to fight and win battles and if given the proper political backing can win wars. It is a misconception that the military wins wars. Politicans win and lose wars! That may not seem right but it is they who decide the parameters of the conflict and determine how much force to commit and the rules of the conflict. They also decide when it is time to quit and call it victory. They never call it defeat.

Incorrect.

It was the Russians, and later the American invaders, who ruined the country. :doubt:

Although I am sure the Cold War didn't help Afghanistan very much when it comes to freedoms of any sort, I am pretty sure Sharia Law wouldn't exactly help Freedom of Speech or Religion in some instances.

I believe just fine depends on what just fine is, your just fine is probably a lot different then mine. Same for anyone else.
The Afghan people didn't want to live under Russia's godless communism.

Neither do they want to live under American style of godless secular democracy.

They were just fine living under the Freedoms that Islam and Sharia provided them. :cool:

Incorrect.

The Afghan people didn't want to live under Russia's godless communism.

Neither do they want to live under American style of godless secular democracy.

They were just fine living under the Freedoms that Islam and Sharia provided them. :cool:

Freedom and Shariah don't belong in the same sentence Sunni and you know that.

Forum List

Back