UN: It's ok to execute gays

We need the UN or something else like it. It can be improved.

I honestly don't know if we need a UN or not. I think an organisation devoted to helping those in need is a good idea but the UN has devolved to a political payoff system that now benefits third world dictators but not their citizenry. Take a look at the oil for food program the UN ran with Iraq, an absolute joke that cost many their lives. Or take a look at the UN peacekeepers in Bosnia and Africa. Have a complaint of rape? Just head down to the UN compound for the perpetrators.

Rwanda was under control till the UN told the peacekeepers to release the bad guys and give them their weapons back, we all know of the genocide that immediately occured...while the UN looked on.

No, the UN needs to go.

The United Nations has a list of "discriminatory grounds" for executions ... reasons to execute someone that the UN says are not OK. And, the UN just passed a resolution removing sexual orientation from that list.

This applies to state executions as well as hate killings.

Human rights defenders are protected by the resolution, as are journalists, lawyers, ethnic minorities, but gay and lesbian people no longer are.

It's OK to execute homosexuals : Greg Laden's Blog

General Assembly Will Hold ‘World Conference on Indigenous Peoples’ in 2014, under Terms of Resolution Recommended by Third Committee
I think it's ashame it had to get personal before you began to see it for what it is
I'm a big fan of the UN but I'm may be changing.

I think it's ashame it had to become personal for you to see them for what they are

I disagree with the outcome of this decision. I support the United Nations. Stop with the personal stuff please.

I didn't mention anything personal in this thread.

That's a cynical view and I disagree. You're entitled to your opinion, of course. If there is one thing I hate it's cynicism.

The UN was founded with the best of intentions but, as with all things involving human beings, there were no real controls to combat corruption so it went viral once it started.

So we need to establish controls for corruption, not scrap the fine intentions.

The problem is it is very much like a termite infested building. At some point the cost to repair is so much more than the cost to tear down and start over thet you just tear it all down. That's where the UN is now. It can't be saved.

I intended in the OP to discuss this development at the UN. Not to make this a BASH ALL THINGS UNITED NATIONS THREAD.

I intended in the OP to discuss this development at the UN. Not to make this a BASH ALL THINGS UNITED NATIONS THREAD.

The problem is this is a symptom of the disease that riddles the UN. I understand your belief in the ideals that the UN once stood for. They are commendable and representative of waht is good about human beings. The UN is no longer the vehicle for those ideals.

The United Nations has a list of "discriminatory grounds" for executions ... reasons to execute someone that the UN says are not OK. And, the UN just passed a resolution removing sexual orientation from that list.

Human rights defenders are protected by the resolution, as are journalists, lawyers, ethnic minorities, but gay and lesbian people no longer are.

General Assembly Will Hold ‘World Conference on Indigenous Peoples’ in 2014, under Terms of Resolution Recommended by Third Committee
I think it's ashame it had to get personal before you began to see it for what it is

I think it's ashame it had to become personal for you to see them for what they are

I disagree with the outcome of this decision. I support the United Nations. Stop with the personal stuff please.

I didn't mention anything personal in this thread.

You support the UN? even when they are ok with killing gays?:eek::eek:

Going to the UN is allways an impressive thing. The problem is most people never get to go to the third world countries where they operate (which I do regularly) so they never see the corruption and the dregs of humanity that the UN employs. It is a shame and it is shameful that it is allowed to go on.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that's funny. I wonder how many people reading this thought the America was a backwards thinking place.

Well guess what. We are far more tolerant than the world is, just like I have been telling people.

Wonder if this means UN peacekeepers get to kill gays if they want.

In the US, gays are fighting for the right to get married.

In many other parts of the world they are fighting for the right to exist (or more likely not fighting at all from deep deep in the closet).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that's funny. I wonder how many people reading this thought the America was a backwards thinking place.

Well guess what. We are far more tolerant than the world is, just like I have been telling people.

It means that gays being killed in Iran and Iraq can forget appealing to the UN for help, because the UN won't piss on them if they were on fire.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It means that gays being killed in Iran and Iraq can forget appealing to the UN for help, because the UN won't piss on them if they were on fire.

I'm thinking gay pride marches are getting canceld as we speak.

Now it says ethnic minorities are safe. So if a gay ethnic minority was about to get the chopping block, he may have a chance by claiming it race hate.

And people wonder why so many people spend every last penny they have just to get to America.

Forum List

Back