UN: It's ok to execute gays

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
The United Nations has a list of "discriminatory grounds" for executions ... reasons to execute someone that the UN says are not OK. And, the UN just passed a resolution removing sexual orientation from that list.

This applies to state executions as well as hate killings.

Human rights defenders are protected by the resolution, as are journalists, lawyers, ethnic minorities, but gay and lesbian people no longer are.

It's OK to execute homosexuals : Greg Laden's Blog

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2010/gashc3997.doc.htm

I'm a big fan of the UN but I'm may be changing.

Last edited:
Some of those voting to remove sexual orientation were countries where gays are known to be or thought to be executed or summarily killed including Iran, Nigeria, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Iraq.

The UK, US, Australia, New Zealand and many European countries voted in favour of gays.

Why am I not surprised by this list.

Good grief, the UN is becoming a laughing stock.

Some of those voting to remove sexual orientation were countries where gays are known to be or thought to be executed or summarily killed including Iran, Nigeria, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Iraq.

The UK, US, Australia, New Zealand and many European countries voted in favour of gays.

Why am I not surprised by this list.

Good grief, the UN is becoming a laughing stock.

What do you mean becoming? It's been a laughing stock for decades. The sooner it collapses and disappears the better for the planet as a whole. It is a den of corruption.

The United Nations has a list of "discriminatory grounds" for executions ... reasons to execute someone that the UN says are not OK. And, the UN just passed a resolution removing sexual orientation from that list.

Human rights defenders are protected by the resolution, as are journalists, lawyers, ethnic minorities, but gay and lesbian people no longer are.

General Assembly Will Hold ‘World Conference on Indigenous Peoples’ in 2014, under Terms of Resolution Recommended by Third Committee

Why are you a big fan of the UN? they are a joke, the UN is ok with killing gays because they don't want to offend the Muslim countries like Iran that do it.

Like I need another reason to want the UN sent packing and their real estate in the US sold and applied toward the debt. :evil:

Thanks, Sky.

• Banned
Disappointing, at the least. Why don't the critics of the UN demand it reform? When I was a child, the UN was relevant.

Last edited:

General Assembly Will Hold ‘World Conference on Indigenous Peoples’ in 2014, under Terms of Resolution Recommended by Third Committee

We need to kick the UN out of the US and stop supporting it! I am tired of the money we spend on it. I am tired of the UN sending the US military out as its personal police and we foot the bill.

Fuck the UN

Disappointing, at the least. Why don't the critics of the UN demand it reform? When I was a child, the UN was relevant.

It's beyond reform. Corruption is now institutionalised and due to the rampant nepotism the people there expect their cut of the fat cow. It needs to go away.

The UN was never relevant.

That's a cynical view and I disagree. You're entitled to your opinion, of course. If there is one thing I hate it's cynicism.

The UN was founded with the best of intentions but, as with all things involving human beings, there were no real controls to combat corruption so it went viral once it started.

The United Nations in theory is the same idea as the United States was a century and a half earlier, only on a grander scale. There was a time when 'state' and 'nation' were for all intents and purposes synonymous. Of course the big difference apart from the scale, geographical and cultural separation, was how much authority was ceded to the central authority/government. In one case it was too much, and in the other so little as to be farcical (but in the case of the UN I'm ok with that).

Last edited:
The UN was never relevant.

That's a cynical view and I disagree. You're entitled to your opinion, of course. If there is one thing I hate it's cynicism.

The UN was founded with the best of intentions but, as with all things involving human beings, there were no real controls to combat corruption so it went viral once it started.

So we need to establish controls for corruption, not scrap the fine intentions.

I think it's ashame it had to get personal before you began to see it for what it is

I think it's ashame it had to become personal for you to see them for what they are

Forum List

Back