UN investigating USA treatment of Native Americans

Stuff like this alienates the American people, even if the Native Americans have a legitimate beef.

The UN needs the United States more than the United States needs the UN.

Good. Who's going to look into all the abuses of human rights the UN didn't do anything about, say, the ethnic cleansing in Bosnia? Or when the UN didn't stop the Hutus slaughtering the Tutsis in Rwanda? What is the real agenda here? I say, let's investigate the UN.

Last edited:
Good. Who's going to look into all the abuses of human rights the UN didn't do anything about, say, the ethnic cleansing in Bosnia? Or when the UN didn't stop the Hutus slaughtering the Tutsis in Rwanda? What is the real agenda here? I say, let's investigate the UN.

I don't honestly believe the US government has behaved honorably toward our native peoples.

Stuff like this alienates the American people, even if the Native Americans have a legitimate beef.

The UN needs the United States more than the United States needs the UN.

So. When the government is corrupt, where do you go for help.

There is no place to go. Our upcoming election will be a good example. Neither party will help people no matter who they are. I think Americans already know this but they prefer to think there is hope. The UN ? :eusa_hand:

The United Nations To Investigate The US Government’s Treatment Of Native Americans (Interview) | Addicting Info

This year, for the first time in the history of the United Nations, the UN has decided to open an investigation on the US Government’s former and current treatment of Native Americans. The country’s estimated 2.7 million Native Americans live in federally established tribal areas called Reservations which are plagued with unemployment, alcoholism, high suicide rates and other social problems.

Aside from social issues, US Native Americans are involved in continuous disputes over sovereignty and land rights with the US and State governments due to enduring violations to their territories and rights.

The human rights inquiry is led by Human Rights and Policy Professor and a Native American, James Anaya. I had a chance to interview Ms. Charmaine White Face who is one of the advisors and the spokesperson for the Sioux Nation Treaty Council. She is also the founder and Coordinator of Defenders of the Black Hills.

Meanwhile, the Syrian government is slaughtering people who want more freedoms. Hey UN...get your priorities straight.

The United Nations To Investigate The US Government’s Treatment Of Native Americans (Interview) | Addicting Info

This year, for the first time in the history of the United Nations, the UN has decided to open an investigation on the US Government’s former and current treatment of Native Americans. The country’s estimated 2.7 million Native Americans live in federally established tribal areas called Reservations which are plagued with unemployment, alcoholism, high suicide rates and other social problems.

Aside from social issues, US Native Americans are involved in continuous disputes over sovereignty and land rights with the US and State governments due to enduring violations to their territories and rights.

The human rights inquiry is led by Human Rights and Policy Professor and a Native American, James Anaya. I had a chance to interview Ms. Charmaine White Face who is one of the advisors and the spokesperson for the Sioux Nation Treaty Council. She is also the founder and Coordinator of Defenders of the Black Hills.

Bah, the UN is a paper tiger, a bunch of useless corrupt clowns in empty suits. They enjoy living in swanky lofts in New York and eating at 5 star restaurants too much to really kick up too much of a fuss over Native Americans, look what the UN is doing in Syria, watching as the people get massacred. Fuck the UN.

Forum List

Back