UN Grants membership to Palestinians; US cuts funding to UN

meh

The UN is a fraud . Its the 21st century. The only thing they do effectively at this point are relief efforts.

Yea i could support strictly humanitarian relief efforts but i'm not interested in the rest. If a Nation screwes with us,we'll respond appropriately. Otherwise,we should mind our own business and worry more about our own people. Like i said,let the UN & Europe Police/Referee the World.

I don't get stuff like this.....and because I didn't get it I was kind of bummed.....then I realized it's all Fox News crap.

Conservative media vicitms have a completely overblown sense of America's place in the world.
No, that's called "history". Try reading the real kind for a change. Howard Zinn is garbage.
If we keep trying to be the world's policeman....we'll go broke
Tell that to Obama.
And what Obama is doing is trying to make it so he will get re-elected...otherwise? I don't think he could care less.

I don't get stuff like this.....and because I didn't get it I was kind of bummed.....then I realized it's all Fox News crap.

Conservative media vicitms have a completely overblown sense of America's place in the world.
No, that's called "history". Try reading the real kind for a change. Howard Zinn is garbage.
If we keep trying to be the world's policeman....we'll go broke
Tell that to Obama.
I am a huge history buff.....recently I read "Trial by Fire" a very good book about Lincoln's ever eveolving views about slavery from 1830-1860. I also read "Mayflower" by Philbrick...a great read on the puritans before and after settling the masschusettes bay colony. I also am reading "Brute", it's about Victor Krulak and his antics before and after WWII......

I have not read Howard Zinn, and I gotta admit I know nothing about him.....nor do I read any of the biased "johnny come lately" writers who write biased politicial slants on history.

History books, and history itself show that every superpower that continues military projection during it's leveling off period, or decline, meets with a bad ending.

What precident in history can you cite that would show continued militarism by the US is a good idea?...and I'm not talking about Obama spending a few billion.....I'm talking about a boots on the ground Iraqii style invasion....you know, the expensive kind.

Last edited:
U.S. Will Withhold Funds For U.N. Agency After Vote to Grant Membership to Palestinians

The United States will not pay $60 million to a U.N. cultural and educational agency after it voted Monday to accept the Palestinian mission as a full member, triggering a U.S. requirement to cut off funds.
"We are not going to be able to continue contributing to the budget," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said. "Palestinian membership as a state in UNESCO triggers longstanding legislative restrictions which will compel the United States to refrain from making contributions to UNESCO."

Washington is required by law to cut off funding to any U.N. agency if the Palestinian Liberation Organization is granted membership in any group at the international body.
Read more: U.S. Will Withhold Funds For U.N. Agency After Vote To Grant Membership To Palestinians | Fox News

Was it a matter that the US has no clout anymore or Obama played games by giving support to the Palestinians and then withdrawing it?

I think the sticking point is still that the Palestinians refuse to recognize the State of Israel and renounce the violent methods they use.

Other than the pantaloons they call nine-day-shitters?

At least we achieve debtless growth.
How's that going for you?

grcbointerest300.gif

milkingcow6.png

themenfilter3.jpg

USA should withdraw if it doesn't want to respect majority decisions of International Community.
The money the USA pays to UNSECO equals around 600.000$ increased payment by each member-state. And the salaries for the top-payed Americans in that organizations can also be saved.

Wiseacre said:
I'd boot their asses out of NYC and withdraw altogether.
Will you back off from your Veto right in UNSC also when you "boot them out" ?

When terrorist states like Libya, Sudan, and Turkey have equal votes with France, England and the U.S. it isn't a viable organization.

If I'm not mistaken only the five permanant members have veto power on the SC.

USA should withdraw if it doesn't want to respect majority decisions of International Community.
The money the USA pays to UNSECO equals around 600.000$ increased payment by each member-state. And the salaries for the top-payed Americans in that organizations can also be saved.

Will you back off from your Veto right in UNSC also when you "boot them out" ?

When terrorist states like Libya, Sudan, and Turkey have equal votes with France, England and the U.S. it isn't a viable organization.

If I'm not mistaken only the five permanant members have veto power on the SC.

I meant voting power, not veto power. Thanks for letting me clarify.

The US dioes not have veto power in UNESCO.
If we are not going to pay dues we will withdraw from UNESCO then?

If not this is a free ride liberal kind of thing.

Oh fuck it, lets just blame Bush!

Washington has long had a rocky relationship with UNESCO. The U.S. boycotted the agency between 1984 and 2003, accusing it of anti-American and anti-Western bias. Former President George W. Bush rejoined UNESCO, hoping to use the agency to spread democracy and Western values to the developing world.

UNESCO Palestine decision sets off U.S.-U.N. confrontation - latimes.com

Frankly, I'm not seeing the value in membership to this not so august group. It's just not worth the money IMHO, I'd boot their asses out of NYC and withdraw altogether.

About the only Redeeming Value the UN has, is it's Unique Roll as a place for Countries to air Grievances against each other. I would stay in the UN just for that Purpose, but stop participating in, or funding UN actions, and Programs beyond it's function as a Forum for International Debate between Nations. It is simply to inept, Corrupt, and Biased to be a worthwhile endevour for the US National Interest Anymore. Frankly the UN has never done anything with out It Being mostly US forces, and Mostly US money behind it. It is Nothing with out us, and it is Completely Inept in almost everything it does. Time to move Beyond this defunct system.

Conservative media vicitms have a completely overblown sense of America's place in the world. If we keep trying to be the world's policeman....we'll go broke

You didn't get it because you are a fucking idiot, and you know nothing, literally.

One we are saving money by doing this

Two, liberals like to be the worlds policemen just as much. Go read a book on foreign policy, they love enmeshment, UN, and all that that trash.

Does every nation in the UN now have the right to withhold funding for any decisions with which they disagree?

To counteract this, the UN should introduce a "pay to play" rule - if a country withholds its funding, the UN withholds its right to vote.

The pali's refused to abide by Israeli law & VOLUNTARILY left the land. The Pali's that stayed behind would not accept the Israeli government as sovereign & were removed from the land forcibly. The neighboring Arab countries did not want the Pali's either & instead used them as political puppets against Israel. Today, the Pali's are the only known "mob" of people globally that have no legitimate roots to any country or place of origin. They had their chance for Israeli citizenship back in 48' but blew it. They have since become an embarrassment to humanity at large.

1948 Palestinian exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suggest you do some "real" research...

Forum List

Back