Un fucking believable

republicans nationally are leery of this... they know that this might give them some traction in the midterms, but when they look ahead to national elections in 2012, knowing that they have already effectively forfeited the african american vote, they know that losing the latino vote will be deadly in many key states... florida being one of them. They are fast becoming the party of white folks and if one looks out at demographic trends, if they continue to be simply the party of white folks, they will doom themselves to being a minority party or a regional party at best.

myself... I think it will be hilarious to watch them try to spin themselves out of this in two years.

Michael Gerson: GOP committing political suicide

Republicans have now sent three clear signals to Hispanic voters: Proposition 187 in California, attempting to deny illegal immigrants health care and public education; the immigration debate of 2006, dominated by strident Republican opponents of reform; and now the Arizona immigration law. According to a 2008 study by the Pew Hispanic Center, 49 percent of Hispanics said that Democrats had more concern for people of their background; 7 percent believed this was true of Republicans. Since the Arizona controversy, this gap can only have grown larger. In a matter of months, Hispanic voters in Arizona have gone from being among the most pro-GOP in the nation to being among the most hostile.

Immigration issues are emotional and complex, but this must be recognized for what it is: political suicide. Consider that Hispanics now make up 40 percent of the K-12 students in Arizona, 44 percent in Texas, 47 percent in California, 54 percent in New Mexico. Whatever temporary gains Republicans might make feeding resentment of this demographic shift, the party identified with that resentment will eventually be voted into singularity. In a matter of decades, the Republican Party could cease to be a national party.

washingtonpost.com

How does profiling not being tolerated mean that no one in uniform is going to run around and ask for papers? That sounds more like everyone will be asked for papers.
Christ!:eusa_wall:.....Those sheriffs are well paid. You tell me how many are going to be foolish enough to risk losing a well paying job for running around profiling every hispanic they fucking see!.....How many are going to risk losing their homes and everything they've worked hard for, particularly in Obama's fucked up economy that is only getting worse?

Glenn Beck is absolutely right!....It's like arguing with IDIOTS!:cuckoo:
You made the claim that no one in uniform is going to run around asking for papers.

How then will the law be enforced?

I realize you are Wicked Stupid but perhaps you can admit your mistake.

Read the fucking bill and stop acting like the retarded offspring of Zona's and truthmatters!

republicans nationally are leery of this... they know that this might give them some traction in the midterms, but when they look ahead to national elections in 2012, knowing that they have already effectively forfeited the african american vote, they know that losing the latino vote will be deadly in many key states... florida being one of them. They are fast becoming the party of white folks and if one looks out at demographic trends, if they continue to be simply the party of white folks, they will doom themselves to being a minority party or a regional party at best.

myself... I think it will be hilarious to watch them try to spin themselves out of this in two years.

You're wrong. Latinos who are here illegally do not have the right to vote, so how can we lose their votes? Secondly, LEGAL immigrants- those that came across the border following the rules, are overwhelmingly in favor of enforcing immigration laws and being tough on illegal aliens.

Republicans merely need to stick to conservative values and they will win.

learn to read, pal. I never once said anything about illegal immigrants voting. And contrary to your beliefs, polls show that a significant majority of hispanic american citizens oppose the arizona law.

You're wrong. Latinos who are here illegally do not have the right to vote, so how can we lose their votes? Secondly, LEGAL immigrants- those that came across the border following the rules, are overwhelmingly in favor of enforcing immigration laws and being tough on illegal aliens.

learn to read, pal. I never once said anything about illegal immigrants voting. And contrary to your beliefs, polls show that a significant majority of hispanic american citizens oppose the arizona law.

Could you provide a link to that poll?

certainly. the question will now be whether you will acknowledge its findings.

http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP-Univision Poll May 2010 Hispanic Topline_1st release.pdf

"Unsurprisingly, attitudes towards the new law are pretty polarized. Hispanics oppose the law by a 67/15 margin, with fully 60% saying they "strongly oppose" it. Non-Hispanics favor the law by a 45/20 margin, with 31% saying they "strongly favor" it. "

Last edited:

http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP-Univision Poll May 2010 Hispanic Topline_1st release.pdf

"Unsurprisingly, attitudes towards the new law are pretty polarized. Hispanics oppose the law by a 67/15 margin, with fully 60% saying they "strongly oppose" it. Non-Hispanics favor the law by a 45/20 margin, with 31% saying they "strongly favor" it. "

maineman, do you think it's the right's total lack of empathy and their inability to put themselves in another person's shoes or their fear and hatred of 'others' that allows their little minds to dismiss this as a GOOD thing for Republicans???...:eek::eek::eek:

maineman, do you think it's the right's total lack of empathy and their inability to put themselves in another person's shoes or their fear and hatred of 'others' that allows their little minds to dismiss this as a GOOD thing for Republicans???...:eek::eek::eek:

there are either conniving white supremacists, or simply delusional. one or the other. ;)

there are either conniving white supremacists, or simply delusional. one or the other. ;)

Ya anyone that Thinks our borders should be secure and illegals removed from the Country MUST be a racist. YOU and your buddies are the problem.

Ya anyone that Thinks our borders should be secure and illegals removed from the Country MUST be a racist. YOU and your buddies are the problem.

I never said anything of the sort, you moron.

The question was... why do republicans think that polling that shows they are LOSING the hispanic voter is good for their party.

read much?:cuckoo:

The question was... why do republicans think that polling that shows they are LOSING the hispanic voter is good for their party.

You have posted in support of illegal aliens all over this board, quit lying. This is just another thread where you have let it be known you support illegal aliens and do not support State or Federal laws.

You have posted in support of illegal aliens all over this board, quit lying. This is just another thread where you have let it be known you support illegal aliens and do not support State or Federal laws.

I have posted "in support of illegal aliens"?

provide a link to a post of mine where I state my support of illegal aliens or retract that statement.

Sorry but I do take issue with those stats. Univision is known to be very biased as they depend on their latino base to stay in business. They push hard for amnesty; they push hard for protests; they push hard for telling their community to vote democratic; they report on the 'meaness' of the repub party but never on the shortcomings of the dems. I do not trust their stats as far as I can throw them.

The poll is flawed because it asked "from what you have read or heard about the Arizona
bill..... Eveyone knows that the so-called mainstream media has not been accurately reporting what the bill says. So most of what these people have heard isn't the truth.

Also it should be noted that when asked "how well do feel you understand this Arizona law" half responded with "not too well or not at all well" while only 9 percent said extremely well.

Of course this poll doesn't state whether those polled were American citizens or illegal aliens.

Last edited:

Sorry but I do take issue with those stats. Univision is known to be very biased as they depend on their latino base to stay in business. They push hard for amnesty; they push hard for protests; they push hard for telling their community to vote democratic; they report on the 'meaness' of the repub party but never on the shortcomings of the dems. I do not trust their stats as far as I can throw them.

your free to think whatever you want. the poll describes their methodology and their margin of error. They even oversampled hispanics to improve the accuracy.

The poll is flawed because it asked "from what you have read or heard about the Arizona
bill..... Eveyone know that the so-called mainstream media has not been accurately reporting what the bill says. So most of what these people have heard isn't the truth.

Also it should be noted that when asked "how well do feel you understand this Arizona law" half responded with "not too well or not at all well" while only 9 percent said extremely well.

Of course this poll doesn't state whether those polled were American citizens or illegal aliens.

flawed? hardly. "everyone knows"???? Is that like the Foxian "Some people say"?

There are over 50 million hispanic american citizens. What percentage of them have landlines? There are, by the most liberal estimates, less than 15 million hispanics in america illegally. How many of THEM have landlines?

you asked me for survey results that supported my statement. I provided a link. And, as I expected, you fail to acknowledge the survey. No surprise there.

I am way past tired of the BULLSHIT lies about the Arizona law on illegal Immigrants. The law says the SAME thing the US law says, the difference is our Federal Government REFUSES to enforce said law.

There is nothing racist about the law. There is nothing unconstitutional about the law. There is nothing remotely illegal about the law. Once again if any of those things were true then the same would be true of US Immigration laws on the books right NOW.

And then we have this....

Lakers-Suns NBA Match a Stage for Immigration Activists - Yahoo! News

LA needs to be shown the door. Fuck LA and anyone else that openly supports ILLEGAL Aliens.

The BULLSHIT is RUSSELL PEARCE, the human excrement that authored this racist bill. IF this bill is same as the Federal law, then WHAT purpose does it serve???

russell-pearce.jpg

Arizona Immigration Bill Sponsor Russell Pearce Has White Supremacist Ties, Nativist Views

In 2006, Arizona state legislator Russell Pearce got himself into a bit of trouble.

Pearce is the chief sponsor of Arizona's brutal new immigration law.

In '06, he circulated emails from the National Alliance, a white supremacist group. The email defended a racially conscious white person who "looks askance at miscegenation or at the rapidly darkening racial situation in America." (Miscegenation refers to interracial relationships.)

The email went on to blame the media for forcing on the public the notion of equality of the races, the truth of the Holocaust and "the wickedness of attempting to halt the flood of non-White aliens pouring across our borders ... ."

Fayetteville Observer - Arizona Immigration Bill Sponsor Russell Pearce Has White Supremacist Ties, Nativist Views

Arizona's immigration law

Hysterical nativism

A conservative border state is at risk of becoming a police state

Apr 22nd 2010 | LOS ANGELES | From The Economist print edition

RUSSELL PEARCE is the quintessential Arizona Republican. He wears stars-and-stripes shirts and has clips of John Wayne and Ronald Reagan on his website. He loves guns, his family, his Mormon faith, his country and the law, which he enforced for many years as deputy sheriff of Maricopa County. He jokes that being Republican, and thus not having a heart, saved his life when he got shot in the chest once. But his main passion is illegal immigrants, whom he calls “invaders”. He loathed them even before his son Sean, also a sheriff’s deputy, got shot by one. But now it is personal.

Mr Pearce, a state senator, has sponsored an Arizona law that, if enacted, would be the toughest in the country. It is so brazen it has caused outrage. This week it passed the last hurdles in the state legislature. As The Economist went to press, it was awaiting the signature of Arizona’s Republican governor, Jan Brewer.

Illegal immigration is a federal crime. Mr Pearce’s law, however, would also make it a state crime and would require the police, as opposed to federal agents, to make arrests and check the immigration status of individuals who look suspicious to them. Citizens who think their cops are not vigilant enough would be encouraged to sue their cities or counties, and no city or county may remain a “sanctuary” where this law is not enforced.

In Mr Pearce’s opinion his law merely “removes the handcuffs” from the police and sheriffs’ deputies so they can do their work. To a great many other people, however, it screams racial profiling. Arizona is an overwhelmingly white state, and virtually all illegal immigrants—perhaps about half a million in the state—are Hispanic. Whom else would cops suspect and arrest but the brown ones? Even American Latinos who happen to be out without their driving license might be at risk.

Arizona's immigration law: Hysterical nativism | The Economist

bill..... Eveyone know that the so-called mainstream media has not been accurately reporting what the bill says. So most of what these people have heard isn't the truth.

There are over 50 million hispanic american citizens. What percentage of them have landlines? There are, by the most liberal estimates, less than 15 million hispanics in america illegally. How many of THEM have landlines?

you asked me for survey results that supported my statement. I provided a link. And, as I expected, you fail to acknowledge the survey. No surprise there.

Let me rephrase that. "every rational independent thinking person knows " tha the mainstream media is biased and not accurately reporting the Arizona law.

Yea there is a lot of mexicans in America, but that doesn't prove that this poll was taken by American citizens and not illegal aliens. Illegal aliens have phones too. When asked what country they were born 38 percent said Mexico. Those people should have been eliminated from the poll because of obvious bias.

Let me rephrase that. "every rational independent thinking person knows " tha the mainstream media is biased and not accurately reporting the Arizona law.

Yea there is a lot of mexicans in America, but that doesn't prove that this poll was taken by American citizens and not illegal aliens. Illegal aliens have phones too. When asked what country they were born 38 percent said Mexico. Those people should have been eliminated from the poll because of obvious bias.

What does the media's accuracy have to do with the fact that a large majority of hispanics do NOT like the Arizona law and that continuing to voice support for this law will hurt GOP candidates with hispanic voters? And are you saying that, in a poll that is designed to differentiate hispanic opinions from the rest of the country, that people who say they were born in Mexico should NOT be counted? THAT makes a shitload of sense!:lol:

What does the media's accuracy have to do with the fact that a large majority of hispanics do NOT like the Arizona law and that continuing to voice support for this law will hurt GOP candidates with hispanic voters? And are you saying that, in a poll that is designed to differentiate hispanic opinions from the rest of the country, that people who say they were born in Mexico should NOT be counted? THAT makes a shitload of sense!:lol:

It has a lot to do with it . Since mainstream media is reporting lies and this poll relied on that information, then the answers would not have been based on truthful data. That being said the Mexicans are basing their opinions on lies.

The question was asked based on what they read or heard, I'd argue that what they read or heard was inaccurate information.

Yes, the Mexicans born in Mexico would have an obvious bias and should not have been polled.

I am way past tired of the BULLSHIT lies about the Arizona law on illegal Immigrants. The law says the SAME thing the US law says, the difference is our Federal Government REFUSES to enforce said law.

There is nothing racist about the law. There is nothing unconstitutional about the law. There is nothing remotely illegal about the law. Once again if any of those things were true then the same would be true of US Immigration laws on the books right NOW.

And then we have this....

Lakers-Suns NBA Match a Stage for Immigration Activists - Yahoo! News

LA needs to be shown the door. Fuck LA and anyone else that openly supports ILLEGAL Aliens.

The BULLSHIT is RUSSELL PEARCE, the human excrement that authored this racist bill. IF this bill is same as the Federal law, then WHAT purpose does it serve???

You can't really be this ignorant, can you? The purpose it serves is to give the STATE of Arizona the authority to enforce the federal law that is currently not being enforced very well at all.

Rick

Forum List

Back