UN confirms rise in settler attacks on Palestinians

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
AGENCIES -- The UN and NGOs confirmed that Israeli settler attacks on Palestinians have risen sharply, due to friction between both sides and the Israeli settlers' desire to intimidate or take revenge.

"Last year, the number of settler attacks resulting in Palestinian casualties and property damage increased by more than a third; since 2009 it increased by nearly 150%," revealed by a joint statement signed by the UN High Commissioner for Human rights, the UN children fund UNICEF, the Ecumenical Accompaniment Program in Palestine and Israel, Israeli NGOs Yesh Din and B'Tselem and Palestinian NGO Al-Haq.

Participants at the news conference denounced the Israeli authorities' attitude and the de-facto impunity enjoyed by perpetrators, and urged them to take responsibility as the occupying power.

More than 90 percent of the complaints filed against settlers in recent years have not been addressed, according to the United Nations.

"From the soldier on the ground and all the way up through the military, the police and the government, a much higher priority is given to Palestinian violence than to violence against Palestinians," Montell lamented.

AGENCIES -- The UN and NGOs confirmed that Israeli settler attacks on Palestinians have risen sharply, due to friction between both sides and the Israeli settlers' desire to intimidate or take revenge.

"Last year, the number of settler attacks resulting in Palestinian casualties and property damage increased by more than a third; since 2009 it increased by nearly 150%," revealed by a joint statement signed by the UN High Commissioner for Human rights, the UN children fund UNICEF, the Ecumenical Accompaniment Program in Palestine and Israel, Israeli NGOs Yesh Din and B'Tselem and Palestinian NGO Al-Haq.

Participants at the news conference denounced the Israeli authorities' attitude and the de-facto impunity enjoyed by perpetrators, and urged them to take responsibility as the occupying power.

More than 90 percent of the complaints filed against settlers in recent years have not been addressed, according to the United Nations.

"From the soldier on the ground and all the way up through the military, the police and the government, a much higher priority is given to Palestinian violence than to violence against Palestinians," Montell lamented.

The settlers have a right to defend themselves from the Palisimian squatters. Right?

The settlers have a right to defend themselves from the Palisimian squatters. Right?

Look that up and get back to me.

I was looking over many of your posts that you stated, "People have a right to defend themselves." I take that to mean all people. Or does that mean only certain, selected people have that right?

I was looking over many of your posts that you stated, "People have a right to defend themselves." I take that to mean all people. Or does that mean only certain, selected people have that right?

When discussing "evidence" of events----it is silly to quote known propagandaist sources Yesh Din and "b'tselem" are BOTH highly unbalanced propaganda organizations In order to discuss "attacks" on the west bank---first define "attack" does stealing cars constitute an attack? does burning agricultural land constitute an "attack"? to what "attacks" are you referring?

that's like saying the bank robber has the right to shoot the bank teller because she may set off the alarm to alert the police...RIGHT?

When discussing "evidence" of events----it is silly to quote known propagandaist sources Yesh Din and "b'tselem" are BOTH highly unbalanced propaganda organizations In order to discuss "attacks" on the west bank---first define "attack" does stealing cars constitute an attack? does burning agricultural land constitute an "attack"? to what "attacks" are you referring?

Any attack on person or property is an attack.

The "settlers" are illegally occupying Palestinian territory, Palestinians have the right to resist that occupation by all means under international Law

If someone breaks into your house and a fight breaks out, who is defending himself and who do the police haul off?

that's like saying the bank robber has the right to shoot the bank teller because she may set off the alarm to alert the police...RIGHT?
Oh yes. I said that in plain language. No mincing of words. Should shoot the teller with white phosphorus or a cluster bomb. That's what I said alright.

Forum List

Back