UN challenges legality of target attacks by US drones

Reidlr

Constitutionalist
Apr 26, 2010
UN Human Rights Council has begun a review of the target killings of known terrorists by US drones to challenge the legality of these attacks.

CNSNews.com - Targeted Killings, Including U.S. Drone Strikes, Come Under U.N. Human Rights Council Scrutiny
I know, I know! Biased source, but the only one I could find!

Hopefully, even if the UN says the attacks are illegal and the drone airstrikes must stop, the US will disregard (as other counties do) the order and continue to utilize this very effective weapon. The use of unmanned aircraft, IMHO, is a legit miltiary strategy that should be utilized to fullest extent possible. The unmanned aircraft cuts down on the potential for loss of life for US service members and also eliminates the human error that can occur during flight in a traditional aircraft. If the US were to conduct target killings by foot, then the loss of life on both sides will be greater than what it is now. Just look at our campaign in Fallujah during 2003. Although this was not a target killing mission, it was a blood bath. I had to watch the helos land inside our HQ basecamp to drop off the wounded and dead. I would much rather watch a screen go black after a unmanned aircraft is destroyed than to have watch fellow Marines get off loaded on stretchers! The UN's civilian casulties argument is crap! Today's combatants in the middle east surround themselves in civilians in order to avoid attacks or utilize them as human shields to discredit the country that carries out the attack. If the terrorist orginizations want to step out onto the battle field and fight a traditional war then maybe we'll stop bombing their hideouts that contain non-combatants.

Your thoughts.

When looked at in a historical perspective, we would have used conventional dumb bombs to hit strategic targets. These bombs would have killed hundreds to hit the intended target.

The biggest impact of the drones is fear. AlQaida does not know who to trust, they are afraid to appear out in the open, afraid to use the phone

There is nothing more effective in terrorizing the terrorist

Given the make up of the UN HRC, I don't think they will come down against the US. There are a number of countries in there that owe their ass to us. They might consider what would happen if we were helping them with a problem and got hamstrung by the UN. They wouldn't like it at all.

(Think South Korea, Japan, Egypt, Bosnia, Slovenia etc.)

If they do come down against us, we'll see if the Bama has his big boy pants on or his little boy shorts.

Dear UN,
Please disregard the humming you hear out your window. It's only a remote-control airplane.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
When looked at in a historical perspective, we would have used conventional dumb bombs to hit strategic targets. These bombs would have killed hundreds to hit the intended target.

The biggest impact of the drones is fear. AlQaida does not know who to trust, they are afraid to appear out in the open, afraid to use the phone

There is nothing more effective in terrorizing the terrorist

indeed. I posted an article here a few motnhs ago about taliban in pakistan only moving at night to avoid the uav and having to hear the drones humming above their houses all day and night.

we would be fucking crazy to stop using the drones

Dear UN,
Please disregard the humming you hear out your window. It's only a remote-control airplane.

just imagine how peaceful the world would become with the UN gone. how many sex slave rings and other forms of evil would no longer have backing.

Forum List

Back