UM has 82 diversity officials

I doubt UM is alone in having a bloated staff of employees having little to do with educating students. I suspect many large universities in this country, have similar things going on. Then people wonder why higher education costs so much. Go figure?

Other than maybe healthcare and the federal government budget, what industry has seen greater cost increases? What a terrible scam.

That's funny. By the way, I'm a fanatical Ohio State fan.

My entire family are Buckeye fans, most particularly my brother in law, sister and her kids. I have other reasons for my animus toward the U of M which I will not go into now. We tried not to limit our two children but from the time they could talk, we would say to them, "And where are you not going to school?"

And they would say in their baby voices, "Michigan".

I'm not even ashamed of this. Not even the least little bit.

My entire family are Buckeye fans, most particularly my brother in law, sister and her kids. I have other reasons for my animus toward the U of M which I will not go into now. We tried not to limit our two children but from the time they could talk, we would say to them, "And where are you not going to school?"

Years back my very young son asked me why I so disliked UM. I told him that UM players ate puppies. Lol.

Years back my very young son asked me why I so disliked UM. I told him that UM players ate puppies. Lol.

That's a good one and made me laugh out loud. Here's a hint to the arrogance that's built in: "maize". What kind of color is "Maize". Only fruitcakes from Ann Arbor could come up with "Maize and Blue". Just...don't get me started, I will have to repent if I keep going...hahahahaha

When we moved into our Florida neighborhood, there were essentially two groups of kids. One group was filled with kids from Michigan. The second group were kids from a Satanic cult. I told my children to stay away from those Michigan kids.

You can never have too much diversity ...

16b28b9a743e483c32857f97492fcd2d.jpg

Let's use some basic logic here.

If this college (or any college) had a SERIOUS, longstanding history of discriminating against certain groups, persisting after many attempts to stop it, THEN one might think that a small bureaucracy might be set up to quell the discrimination, keep tabs, bring it to a halt.

But this is not the case. Since AT LEAST the 1970's, colleges and universities have gone to MONUMENTAL lengths to hire women, "Blacks," "Hispanics," gays, and so on. When the Supreme Court invented "Affirmative Action" many decades ago, the colleges and universities were THE FIRST ONES to jump on board.

There IS NO HISTORY OF DISCRIMINATION in our colleges and universities in AT LEAST the past 50 years.

BUT, there is a tiny bit of REALITY - a tiny bit of MERITOCRACY going on. So that many of the departments are PREDOMINANTLY WHITE MALE. Mainly in the sciences, technology, and mathematics.

And to today's Leftists, any deviation from demographics IS PROOF OF UNLAWFUL, ILLEGAL DISCRIMINATION!

Except where it's convenient to ignore it.

So if the FUCKING BASKETBALL TEAM is 75% "Black," that's OK because, well, Black people are better basketball players than white kids. But if the Mathematics department is 80% male, THAT is the result of discrimination! And it must be RECTIFIED!!!!! By hiring, not the best qualified applicants, but the best qualified applicants of the desired color and gender and sexual orientation.

And of course, NO STUDY EVER has found any academic benefit to DIVERSITY! On the contrary, campaigns to increase "diversity" are anti-meritocratic...they inevitably result in a watering down of talent and academic accomplishment.

In a sane world, every incumbent occupying a position with the word "diversity" included in its title would be immediately fired. Every course with the word, "studies" eliminated, and its instructor canned.

But I'm not emperor. Yet.

Forum List

Back