• Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Is there a Vacation spot you would recommend to someone as the ULTIMATE?
A "can't miss" place to visit?

Is there a Vacation spot you would recommend to someone as the ULTIMATE?
A "can't miss" place to visit?

1) Sydney, Australia. ( I hope to go there before I die - a two week vacation on the beach )

2) British Columbia ( A secondary spot I want to visit. A camp & fish locale for a few days ; then visit Vancouver )

Shadow 355

I have heard great things about Alaska and Ireland.

I can tell ya all about Ireland but never been to Alaska. One of I think four states I've never been to.

I'd prolly pick Australia out of the list -- never been there either -- just on the basis that it's the farthest away, and is a lot closer to New Zealand.

But I might place Brazil above them.

Been to Hawaìi, but only Honolulu, which is a sewer and doesn't really count. It was a bidness trip, but I had some free time that was enough to establish "there must be more than this".

The places I've been to the most on vacation have been Québec and Cape Breton. Four times to the latter, too many to count to Québec.

I have wondered about Hawaii and Australia...
sad to say, I have never been outside the 48 contiguous....

We're doing Antarctica after Christmas, even after friends went and never got off the ship because of bad weather. This is just something we really wanted to do for some time and even if really costly it has to be a bucket list kind of place that few people can say they've done. We're going to do a stop on the way home to Sal de Uyuni in Bolivia for some picture taking. Hopefully it will be a great couple of weeks.

One spot on my bucket list is Skellig Michael, off the coast of Southern Ireland. It has a monastery from the 6th century and is a very adventurous spot because of the steep stairs you need to climb to get there. I just hope to visit before it gets too popular from the two Star Wars films they just made there come out and make it too popular.
images

I also want to take the three day hike to trolltunga in Norway

ImageVaultHandler.aspx

One spot on my bucket list is Skellig Michael, off the coast of Southern Ireland. It has a monastery from the 6th century and is a very adventurous spot because of the steep stairs you need to climb to get there. I just hope to visit before it gets too popular from the two Star Wars films they just made there come out and make it too popular.
images

ImageVaultHandler.aspx

Actually there are a lot of spots like that in Ireland -- castles, thousand-plus-year-old churches and such, and of course megaliths far older, pre-Celtic structures going back to the Picts... some known and gentrified with regular busloads of squealing tourists, some simply off the beaten path completely. Much if not most of my tripping there that wasn't in search of traditional music was that kind of quest.

I recall one particular spot, required a trek up a very thin cliffside road to get to... we could see the remains below of at least one car that didn't make it.... at which point we took our seatbelts off in case of the same fate. Finally got to the top where there was a Newgrange-like cave, except completely unfinished and in its natural state. Nobody up there at all except a couple of hippies in a VW microbus. It was freaking cold up there too (in August).

images

ImageVaultHandler.aspx

Actually there are a lot of spots like that in Ireland -- castles, thousand-plus-year-old churches and such, and of course megaliths far older, pre-Celtic structures going back to the Picts... some known and gentrified with regular busloads of squealing tourists, some simply off the beaten path completely. Much if not most of my tripping there that wasn't in search of traditional music was that kind of quest.

I recall one particular spot, required a trek up a very thin cliffside road to get to... we could see the remains below of at least one car that didn't make it.... at which point we took our seatbelts off in case of the same fate. Finally got to the top where there was a Newgrange-like cave, except completely unfinished and in its natural state. Nobody up there at all except a couple of hippies in a VW microbus. It was freaking cold up there too (in August).

I've been to Ireland, but it was a long time ago with my parents on a guided tour. So a lot of fun but no particular memories. I have a cousin who has been more than 20 times, so I figured it was time to go and take a second look. I like adventure so the cliffs of Moher are on my list, I saw some people mountain biking on them a few years back but I'm adventurous, not crazy. I'm looking for interesting places that are hard to get to and few people have seen. Something I can wrap up in a small photo album that says shazaam! they led a very interesting life.

I have a cousin that builds Koi ponds for castle dwellers in Ireland, among other places.

Wife and I been so many vacations so I'm not sure which one is a dream vacation. So I just have to share you which is the best we've been. DUBAI. Engineering at best, beautiful, astounding, impressive and a breath taking experience I can describe. I don't mind going back.

0fe389a3754e7cb02321fcc7d7e93e46.jpg

677cab6a9d1edd31246e4e684b996603.jpg
4719c821f48fb039c71fb6865128eb7a.jpg

Wife and I been so many vacations so I'm not sure which one is a dream vacation. So I just have to share you which is the best we've been. DUBAI. Engineering at best, beautiful, astounding, impressive and a breath taking experience I can describe. I don't mind going back.

0fe389a3754e7cb02321fcc7d7e93e46.jpg

677cab6a9d1edd31246e4e684b996603.jpg
4719c821f48fb039c71fb6865128eb7a.jpg

Very nice! definitely on my bucket list.

New Topics

Forum List

Back