Ukraine, Trump, public announcements and secrecy

Syriusly

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2014
The prepared statements of the witnesses of the Ukraine deal have made it pretty clear that I think no one is actually disputing.

a) The President wanted Ukraine to investigate the Biden's and the mythical DNC server.
b) And that the President wanted Ukraine to make a public announcement of the investigation.
(statements from Sondland, Tayler and Volker)
Anyone want to dispute either of those statements? If you do- please provide more than just your opinion.

But what isn't being really discussed is that
a) The President wanted the public announcement of the investigation and
b) The President didn't want to be associated with the announcement and actually took several steps to prevent others from knowing that the Administration was pressuring Ukraine to investigate his political rival.

What supports this claim?
a) Remember- Trump didn't just release the 'transcript' of his conversation with the Ukrainian President- he released it only after the Whistleblower reported the conversation through legal channels and the information was going to come out- in fact Trump had restricted the number of participants to that conversation to far fewer than usual and his staff had arranged to have the records stored in a super secure facility- even though there was nothing in the conversation that was harmful to the interests of the U.S.
b) Trump was utilizing an irregular channel to negotiate this with the Ukraine- a channel including his personal attorney- Rudy Giuliani. Regular state department participants were excluded from conversations:
Quoting Bill Taylor:
I sensed something odd when Ambassador Sondland told me on June 28 that he did not
wish to include most of the regular interagency participants in a call planned with
President Zelenskyy later that day. Ambassador Sondland, Ambassador Volker,
Secretary Perry, and I were on this call, dialing in from different locations. However,
Ambassador Sondland said that he wanted to make sure no one was transcribing or
monitoring as they added President Zelenskyy to the call

There are other examples cited by Taylor.

So what are the possible reasons that Trump
a) Insisted that the Ukrainian government make a public announcement it was investigating Trump's political rival and
b) Took such efforts to prevent the American public from knowing that the Ukrainian government was announcing the investigation at the express insistence of the President of the United States?

Biden isnt even a political rival yet.
Trump has no competitor yet.
If Biden and company were doing something bad, wouldnt you like to know?

Trump has said that Biden is his political rival- over and over and over.

If Trump and Company were doing something bad, wouldn't you like to know?

Oh wait- Trump tried to pressure Ukraine into publicly announcing it was 'investigating' Biden- and tried to keep it secret that Trump was behind it.

Of course you wouldn't want to know.

Oh wait- Trump tried to pressure Ukraine into publicly announcing it was 'investigating' Biden- and tried to keep it secret that Trump was behind it.

I wish we could lock up 3/4 of the politicians in DC.
Fact is, dems did this. Obama did this. Clinton did this. They probably all have.
I find the outrage completely disingenuous. And hacked out beyond imagination.

Biden was the front-runner at the time and tRump has always focused on him as his primary competition.

Next.

What exactly does the phrase "public announcements" entail? Aren't "public announcements" part of the orchestrated leaks to media morons by the democrat party?

Fact is, dems did this. Obama did this. Clinton did this. They probably all have.

Great- show us an example of Obama pressuring any government into digging up dirt on Romney. Or John McCain.
If Obama did it you must have specific evidence of it.

I don't doubt you would like to lock up every politician in DC who is not firmly in Trump's pocket.

What exactly does the phrase "public announcements" entail? Aren't "public announcements" part of the orchestrated leaks to media morons by the democrat party?

Read Bill Taylor's statement.

Pretty clear- Trump was insisting that the President of the Ukraine- himself- publicly as in front of reporters- announce that he was investigating the Biden's, the mythical DNC server and some other bizarre 2016 crap that Trump imagined.

Why do you think that Trump wanted a public announcement of an investigation......of only people named Biden?

So what are the possible reasons that Trump
a) Insisted that the Ukrainian government make a public announcement it was investigating Trump's political rival and
b) Took such efforts to prevent the American public from knowing that the Ukrainian government was announcing the investigation at the express insistence of the President of the United States?

There is really only one reason that makes any sense- this was all political- this was nothing about 'corruption'- and all about Trump using his office to try to discredit his political rival- by using a foriegn power- while preventing Americans from knowing that Trump himself was behind it.

Great- show us an example of Obama pressuring any government into digging up dirt on Romney. Or John McCain.
If Obama did it you must have specific evidence of it.

I don't doubt you would like to lock up every politician in DC who is not firmly in Trump's pocket.
Obama asked Ukraine to investigate Manafort.
I always enjoy when people are so binary.
"If you find support my side, you must support the other"
Grow up

Forum List

Back