Ukraine launches new China trade route bypassing Russia

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
Is China backstabbing Russia?

---

Ukraine has launched the first cargo train to China that will bypass Russia along a new "Silk Road" meant to counter the Kremlin's most stringent trade embargo on Kiev to date.

"This is a historic event," Ukrainian Infrastructure Minister Andriy Pyvovarskiy wrote on Facebook.

"Now, Ukraine is not just a potential transit country between the East and West, but one that has finally realised its potential."

An AFP team near the Black Sea port of Odessa saw the first shipment being loaded onto a train that was then moved to a ferry destined for the former Soviet republic of Georgia.

The ceremony was attended by top ministers and Odessa governor Mikheil Saakashvili -- the former Georgia president who waged a brief 2008 war with Russia and remains a hated figure in Moscow.

The 10-car and 20-container train will later cross the Caspian Sea and traverse Azerbaijan and the Central Asian republic of Kazakhstan before reaching China nearly 12 days later.

Ukraine launches new China trade route bypassing Russia - Times of India

Large number of refugees (mainly women) from Ukraine have been pouring into San Francisco since the Ukraine crisis began. I fear I will be groped by them in Cologne style if the situation continues but the good thing is that New Year's Eve is over and it was mainly event-less for me.

---
The ceremony was attended by top ministers and Odessa governor Mikheil Saakashvili -- the former Georgia president who waged a brief 2008 war with Russia and remains a hated figure in Moscow.

Saakashvili is not only hated in Russia, but also wanted in Georgia:

The authorities in Georgia have threatened to issue an arrest warrant for ex-President Mikheil Saakashvili if he fails to return for questioning.

Prosecutors want to question him about the suspicious death of ex-Prime Minister Zurab Zvania and other cases.

And domestically many accuse the former leader of being authoritarian and for allowing high-level corruption to flourish, our correspondent adds.
Mikheil Saakashvili: Georgia threatens arrest warrant - BBC News

Georgia's former President Mikhail Saakashvili, is wanted by his country's prosecutors for embezzlement, abuse of power and politically-motivated attacks.

There are several other criminal cases ongoing against Mikhail Saakashvili. He is being accused of abuse of power during the crackdown on anti-government protests in the Georgian capital Tbilisi on November 7, 2007. He was also allegedly involved in the attack on the opposition TV station Imedi, which was seized by Georgian special forces on the same day, and the appropriation of the founder's assets.

Ex-Georgian president, wanted at home, becomes governor in Ukraine

Last edited:

---

Ukraine has launched the first cargo train to China that will bypass Russia along a new "Silk Road" meant to counter the Kremlin's most stringent trade embargo on Kiev to date.

"This is a historic event," Ukrainian Infrastructure Minister Andriy Pyvovarskiy wrote on Facebook.

"Now, Ukraine is not just a potential transit country between the East and West, but one that has finally realised its potential."

An AFP team near the Black Sea port of Odessa saw the first shipment being loaded onto a train that was then moved to a ferry destined for the former Soviet republic of Georgia.

The 10-car and 20-container train will later cross the Caspian Sea and traverse Azerbaijan and the Central Asian republic of Kazakhstan before reaching China nearly 12 days later.

Ukraine launches new China trade route bypassing Russia - Times of India
Why is that called ‘backstab’? China pursues its national interests. Only business and nothing more.

About the project. It remains to be seen whether it will have economic sense or not.

Vikrant

Last time I checked, Russia was not our allie.

Please make your feelings on this matter clear? I'm sure I'm not the only one that's baffled.

Vikrant

Please make your feelings on this matter clear? I'm sure I'm not the only one that's baffled.

I do not want to badmouth Putin too much because that dude is dangerous :)

I do not have any ties with Russia.

I only have ties with two countries: India and the U.S.

I hope there is peace between Russia and Ukraine.

That is it.

Vikrant

That is it.
Putin is dangerous? Take a look at how new Ukrainian rulers, backed by Washington, "observe" civil rights of those civilians (including women!) who dare to disagree with them. And it's just a very few examples, may be 1/1000 of the tip of the iceberg... The world will know the whole truth only when Kiev junta is completely gone (probably after Obama leaves the White House and unless Hillary doesn't enter it).

Victims of tortures (those who survived) are talking:

ISIS and Kiev junta have quite a few things in common, one of them is: they both are Washington creations.

Last edited:

---

Saakashvili is not only hated in Russia, but also wanted in Georgia:

The authorities in Georgia have threatened to issue an arrest warrant for ex-President Mikheil Saakashvili if he fails to return for questioning.
---
Trolling for the Kremlin ... again and again and again, I see.
:)
As usual, you only give one side of the story; the Kremlin's side.
Since your English is excellent and you have many USMB posts in defense of Putin and his Russian nationalism, I wonder how well you are paid!

USMB readers should consult with objective sources when Stratford puts forth his KREMLIN propaganda. Wikipedia is usually a good source:

On 28 July 2014, criminal charges were filed by the Georgian prosecutor's office against the former President Mikheil Saakashvili over alleged "exceeding official powers" during the 2007 Georgian demonstrations as well as a police raid on and "seizure" of Imedi TV and other assets owned by the late tycoon Badri Patarkatsishvili. Saakashvili responded by accusing the Georgian authorities of political score-settling and attempts at appeasing Russia.
The scrupulousness of Patarkatsishvili's political opposition toward the Georgian president has been questioned by the Jamestown Foundation's political analyst Vladimir Socor who attributed the businessman's discontentment to Saakashvili's anti-corruption reforms, which "had severely curtailed Patarkatsishvili's scope for doing business in his accustomed, post-Soviet 1990s-style ways."

Mikheil Saakashvili - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vikrant

ISIS and Kiev junta have quite a few things in common, one of them is: they both are Washington creations.
---
Yes, USA supported the Ukrainians in their freedom, esp freedom from Russia.
However, to imply that USA supports ISIS only shows how ridiculous your Kremlin propaganda us.
Putin should cut your salary in half.

Vikrant

---
However, to imply that USA supports ISIS only shows how ridiculous your Kremlin propaganda us.
Ok, but Russia supports Ukrainians in their freedom too, i mean the freedom from US.

No wonder what ukrainians think about it.

Vikrant

---
Ok, but Russia supports Ukrainians in their freedom too, i mean the freedom from US.

No wonder what ukrainians think about it.
---
If Putin supported Ukrainian freedom, he would not have supported his troops & Russian nationalist insurgents to invade Ukrainian territory by force.
He would not have pressured Yakunovich to keep Ukrainians from joining the more prosperous EU.

That is not only my opinion, but the opinion of intelligent Russians like Boris Nemtsov, who gave his life in Moscow while exercising his Russian "freedom" of speech.

PK, you are cruising from thread to thread, repeating same things again and again, never present any evidence, just trolling. Aren't you tired of yourself yet?

Unlike you I am presenting FACTS when I say something. Enjoy:

1. Nemtsov's case solved.
Nemtsov assassination probe complete - Russian investigators

2. Can you imagine what would happened if, in Russia, three opposition figures, a well-known writer and two politicians, were killed in the span of two days? We have a vague of idea of what that would look like, after the Western hysteria about Nemtsov.
Oles' assassination was the third in a row of political killings in the last four days: Sergey Sukhobok (April 13); Oleg Kalashnikov (April 15); and Oles Buzina (April 16).
Why are the Western media silent about these political assassinations? And all of this happened after9 "mysterious suicides" in Ukraine in the last 2 months.
History of Ukraine Told by Assassinated Ukrainian Writer Oles Buzina

3. May 2, 2014 Kiev supporters burn pro-Russian protesters alive.

There is an image of that pregnant woman, mentioned in the documentary above. BTW, no pro-Kiev "activists" were punished for that awful crime, on the contrary: the protesters, who survived, were blamed by official Kiev for "burning themselves".
ukraine3.jpg

That is what PK1&Co call a "Ukrainian democracy", which Western taxpayers are encouraged to support.

4. The West Suppresses Report on Ukraine’s Suppression of Journalists
The West Suppresses Report on Ukraine's Suppression of Journalists Washington's Blog

Last edited:

Forum List

Back