Ukraine government makes their Nazi hero Bandera's birthday a formal holiday

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I've been busy with seed ordering and fostering a quizzillion cats so I haven't been posting that much but this is one topic I wanted to make certain was addressed.

This is my "I told you they were fucking nazis" moment.

:)

For about 200 Canadian military trainers deployed to Ukraine, it is likely that on the first of January they would have witnessed a torchlit procession.

Throughout Kiev and numerous other towns in Western Ukraine, thousands of civilians took to the streets, not to usher in the New Year, but to celebrate the 110th anniversary of the birth of a man named Stepan Bandera.

This was not the first time Ukrainian nationalists marched with torches to celebrate Banderaā€™s birthday, but it was the first time such a spectacle was an officially sanctioned affair.

On Dec. 28, 2018, Ukraineā€™s Parliament passed Resolution 9234, which, among several other notable dates, made Jan. 1 a formal holiday in Ukraine.

The city of Lviv, Banderaā€™s birthplace, went one step further by declaring 2019 to be the ā€˜Year of Stepan Bandera.ā€™

Ukrainian Independent News Agency described Bandera as ā€œa Ukrainian politician, one of the ideologists and theorists of the Ukrainian nationalists movement in the 20th century.ā€

Missing from this abbreviated resume is the fact that during the Second World War, Bandera was not only a Nazi collaborator, but also a direct participant in Hitlerā€™s Holocaust.

Israelā€™s ambassador to Ukraine, Joel Lion, published a statement announcing that he was ā€œshockedā€ by this official honouring of a notorious Nazi.

ā€œI cannot understand how the glorification of those directly involved in horrible anti-Semitic crimes help fight anti-Semitism and xenophobia,ā€ wrote Lion.

More at link:

ON TARGET: Condemning torchlit parades in honour of a Nazi | The Chronicle Herald

Stepan Bandera monument in Ternopil. - Mykola Vasylechko via Wikipedia

Last edited:
I've been busy with seed ordering and fostering a quizzillion cats so I haven't been posting that much but this is one topic I wanted to make certain was addressed.

This is my "I told you they were fucking nazis" moment.

:)

For about 200 Canadian military trainers deployed to Ukraine, it is likely that on the first of January they would have witnessed a torchlit procession.

Throughout Kiev and numerous other towns in Western Ukraine, thousands of civilians took to the streets, not to usher in the New Year, but to celebrate the 110th anniversary of the birth of a man named Stepan Bandera.

This was not the first time Ukrainian nationalists marched with torches to celebrate Banderaā€™s birthday, but it was the first time such a spectacle was an officially sanctioned affair.

On Dec. 28, 2018, Ukraineā€™s Parliament passed Resolution 9234, which, among several other notable dates, made Jan. 1 a formal holiday in Ukraine.

The city of Lviv, Banderaā€™s birthplace, went one step further by declaring 2019 to be the ā€˜Year of Stepan Bandera.ā€™

Ukrainian Independent News Agency described Bandera as ā€œa Ukrainian politician, one of the ideologists and theorists of the Ukrainian nationalists movement in the 20th century.ā€

Missing from this abbreviated resume is the fact that during the Second World War, Bandera was not only a Nazi collaborator, but also a direct participant in Hitlerā€™s Holocaust.

Israelā€™s ambassador to Ukraine, Joel Lion, published a statement announcing that he was ā€œshockedā€ by this official honouring of a notorious Nazi.

ā€œI cannot understand how the glorification of those directly involved in horrible anti-Semitic crimes help fight anti-Semitism and xenophobia,ā€ wrote Lion.

More at link:

ON TARGET: Condemning torchlit parades in honour of a Nazi | The Chronicle Herald

Stepan Bandera monument in Ternopil. - Mykola Vasylechko via Wikipedia

Stepan Bandera is an icon not only for Ukrainian Nazis but also for Merkel, Macron, EU, NWO and Soros

Forum List

Back