Hague is a failure, the UK is best in the union, and Scotland and Wales best in GB.
I totally agree. At least from an American or French point of view, this is indeed the best. It puzzles me, why the English constituents of the U.K. seem to have a problem with this.

You need to live here and see the problems first hand, not parroting some half baked political views that don't show any resemblance to reality
So, how will a newly isolated small country, such as England stay profitable after all the separations? I mean profitable for all its citizens, not only for its leading banks/insurers. A break up of the U.K. seems advantageous for a Franco-German European Union, because the current EU institutions are set up such, that the largest nation states have a natural advantage in most decisions.

For starters we wont be giving away 60% of our tax revenues to just 20% of the population, did you know that fact that 60% of the taxes raised are spent in Scotland and Wales and they are just 20% of the current population. So that would result in a cut in taxes for the English. Then there are the simple facts of policing that will need to be accounted for by them raising their own funds. As Salmond found out his pie in the sky plans failed when oil prices dropped and he was left with a defecit 6 months after the referendum.

[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]I am not sure where you get your figures from but [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]Scotland is 10% of the UK pop and pays its own way taxwise (and has been ripped off in terms of oil revenues). Wales is 5% of the UK population and gets 6% of the tax take. [/FONT]

Forum List

Back