UK : Pakistani men sexually abused 1400 young/minor girls

I read an article yesterday in which the writer mentioned how the mainstream press in the UK is calling this an "Asian" community issue. Nowhere else are Pakistanis called Asian... It looks like a deflection to not medieval Islamic culture as a root cause of the problem.

It's not a deflection - Pakistani's, Indians, are all called "Asians" - child trafficking is not a religious issue - and religion is not the root cause. Child trafficking occurs world wide, spans all religions - it just happens that in Rotherham, the Pakistani's are the perpetrator.

In the UK, Pakistanis have not commonly been called Asians. This is a recent phenom to shield Islamic culture from the perpetuation of sexually abusing children.

Not all as Rotherham has more than one muslim enclave, or as team Palestine likes to call them ghettos. My local town has 3 distinct muslim areas and the inhabitants come from at least 3 distinct areas, one being the Yemen making them full arab muslims. They look down on the Pakistani/Bangladeshi muslims as we would look down on a dog turd

There are various Muslim groups in Rotherham, Pakistanis being by far the biggest.
Most areas where they've settled are not much shared by other Muslim groups.
You correctly said, other groups have settled in different areas, but those places are nothing like Eastwood and other Pakistani areas.

I read an article yesterday in which the writer mentioned how the mainstream press in the UK is calling this an "Asian" community issue. Nowhere else are Pakistanis called Asian... It looks like a deflection to not medieval Islamic culture as a root cause of the problem.

Only if you're talking out of your arse.
"Asian", in the UK, commonly refers to Pakistanis, as well as many other groups.
However, in this case, it was used to deliberately hide their ethnic type.

It's not a deflection - Pakistani's, Indians, are all called "Asians" - child trafficking is not a religious issue - and religion is not the root cause. Child trafficking occurs world wide, spans all religions - it just happens that in Rotherham, the Pakistani's are the perpetrator.

In the UK, Pakistanis have not commonly been called Asians. This is a recent phenom to shield Islamic culture from the perpetuation of sexually abusing children.

I think you are wrong about that. Just from reading literature from the UK (that is not recent literature) - they have long been referred to as Asian along with Indians - after all - it was once country under British dominion once. What we refer to as "Asian" they refer to as Oriental (I think).

I think you are wrong about that. Just from reading literature from the UK (that is not recent literature) - they have long been referred to as Asian along with Indians - after all - it was once country under British dominion once. What we refer to as "Asian" they refer to as Oriental (I think).

That's not what I have observed in the British press I've read over the years.

British Asian - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

And if you look at the racial demographics of the UK, they break British Asian in to several categories. If this distinction weren't important, they wouldn't have census categories for it.

Asian or Asian British: Indian
Asian or Asian British: Pakistani
Asian or Asian British: Bangladeshi
Asian or Asian British: Chinese
Asian or Asian British: Asian Other
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Demography of England - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In this atrocious case of children being molested, the British press is going to great lengths to no identify the culture that enables such abuse.

And if you look at the racial demographics of the UK, they break British Asian in to several categories. If this distinction weren't important, they wouldn't have census categories for it.

Asian or Asian British: Indian
Asian or Asian British: Pakistani
Asian or Asian British: Bangladeshi
Asian or Asian British: Chinese
Asian or Asian British: Asian Other
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Demography of England - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In this atrocious case of children being molested, the British press is going to great lengths to no identify the culture that enables such abuse.

They may break them down demographically but - in the end, they still catagorize thenm as Asian.

And, yes, I agree they don't identify the "culture" but in the end - is that important? Are they representative of an entire culture? I don't think so. If you emphasized their culture - would you set off a witchhunt against innocents? In the end - it doesn't matter what the media says - what matters is that the authorities don't turn a blind eye to the perpetrators because of their culture.

They may break them down demographically but - in the end, they still catagorize thenm as Asian.

And, yes, I agree they don't identify the "culture" but in the end - is that important? Are they representative of an entire culture? I don't think so. If you emphasized their culture - would you set off a witchhunt against innocents? In the end - it doesn't matter what the media says - what matters is that the authorities don't turn a blind eye to the perpetrators because of their culture.

The authorities have turned a blind eye for years, which is part of the scandal.

The medieval side of Islam is the problem. In a culture where women have no rights, girls are married off to old men, honor killings are an acceptable practice... child abuse is enabled. Until the so-called (and incredibly silent) moderate Muslims rise up and repudiate radical and medieval Islam and Sharia law, such atrocities will be all too common.

The authorities have turned a blind eye for years, which is part of the scandal.

The medieval side of Islam is the problem. In a culture where women have no rights, girls are married off to old men, honor killings are an acceptable practice... child abuse is enabled. Until the so-called (and incredibly silent) moderate Muslims rise up and repudiate radical and medieval Islam and Sharia law, such atrocities will be all too common.

I disagree with that - child trafficking has no place in Islam and, frankly, occurs in ALL religions. Child trafficking is about individual perversions, not religion. There was an outpouring of disgust and anger from the local Muslim community when these traffickers were caught. If authorities had not chosen to disregard culture/race and approached the local Muslim community it's quite likely that the perps might have been caught sooner.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. The abuse went on for 16 years without an outcry fro the community.

Only if you're talking out of your arse.
"Asian", in the UK, commonly refers to Pakistanis, as well as many other groups.
However, in this case, it was used to deliberately hide their ethnic type.

You have nailed the issue. The term Asian was used to deliberately hide their identity. This is the point I have been trying to hammer on people like Phoenall who seem to be hell bent on blaming innocent Muslims. There are very clear indicators showing the there is a support for fundamentalist faction of Islam among British political elites. It is this fundamentalist faction of Islam that commits horror which results in backlash against innocent Muslims. I do not see many British posters questioning their government's policies of supporting Jihad but I see many of them inciting violence against peaceful Muslims. This is very frustrating.

I hope this will not affect the good relations between the UK and Pakistan.

It is so sad that those little girls were abused like that. David Cameron strikes me as an honest guy. Under his watch, I have seen lots of child groomers getting busted.

You can read the full story by clicking on the link below but be warned: it is a very sordid tale.

---

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/27/w...nd-were-sexually-abused-report-says.html?_r=1

More children have been abused in the Catholic Church.

It is so sad that we as humanity are failing to protect our children. Coming back to your post, just because Catholics are doing it does not excuse Pakistanis or Australians or anyone else.

It is so sad that we as humanity are failing to protect our children. Coming back to your post, just because Catholics are doing it does not excuse Pakistanis or Australians or anyone else.

Of course not - but abuse within the Church has been covered up for decades, and still is. Yet compared to these Pakistani guys, almost nothing is being done about it.

Of course not - but abuse within the Church has been covered up for decades, and still is. Yet compared to these Pakistani guys, almost nothing is being done about it.

Britain is a Christian Monarchy. So the interests of the church do override that of common population. So I will not be surprised if the church too is involved in gruesome acts like the one reported in the OP. The moral corruption among British elites is very deep rooted and that creates all sorts of possibilities for bad actors.

What like this Muslims unite to condemn extreme depravity of child grooming in first UK-wide single sermon - Home News - UK - The Independent

I would add that until the catholic church removes the confessional and does not turn a blind eye to paedophile clergy
they will remain the premier religious child abusers in the world.

What like this Muslims unite to condemn extreme depravity of child grooming in first UK-wide single sermon - Home News - UK - The Independent

I would add that until the catholic church removes the confessional and does not turn a blind eye to paedophile clergy

The truth is a minor detail to people who want to spread hate.
As for the Catholic church, they're making a start on sorting out their problems with priests who like to screw little boys.

Britain is a Christian Monarchy. So the interests of the church do override that of common population. So I will not be surprised if the church too is involved in gruesome acts like the one reported in the OP. The moral corruption among British elites is very deep rooted and that creates all sorts of possibilities for bad actors.
just for your interest, if old jug head Charlie Windsor mounts the thrown he has stated publicly he wants to be known as "defender of all faiths". This sent a large tremor through the establishment and is the reason Madge has not retired.

The truth is a minor detail to people who want to spread hate.
As for the Catholic church, they're making a start on sorting out their problems with priests who like to screw little boys.
they still have not defrocked Jimmy Savile Papal Knighthood could be posthumously removed by the Vatican over child abuse scandal - Mirror Online

Forum List

Back