UK Jihadis Being Called To Behead For Terror

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2583241,00.html

Al-Qaeda tells British cells to carry out wave of beheadings
David Leppard

ISLAMIC terror cells in Britain have been instructed to carry out a series of kidnappings and beheadings of the kind allegedly planned by the nine terrorist suspects arrested in Birmingham last week.

The “strategic” assassination instruction was issued by Al-Qaeda’s leaders in Pakistan and Iraq to dozens of their followers in this country. It was uncovered by MI5 last autumn, senior security sources say.

As a result police are on standby for multiple attempts by terrorists to kidnap and then behead people across Britain. MI5 is conducting a counter-terrorism surveillance operation to prevent such an attack.

The alleged attempt to kidnap and behead a Muslim soldier or soldiers in Birmingham was just the first of a series of planned attacks, security sources say.

The revelation explains the recent deployment of a permanent SAS unit to London. The unit has been placed on 24-hour standby to respond to a terrorist attack in the capital. It would aim to carry out a hostage rescue mission within minutes of being alerted.

Muslim police officers serving in London may also be given extra protection. The Association of Muslim Police is in talks with the Met, which is expected to carry out a risk assessment of the dangers.

One well placed source said: “Cells in the UK have been alerted to carry out this type of attack as opposed to the more sophisticated type of bombing in which you place a large number of volunteers at risk. All you need for a beheading is a bit of courage and a sharp knife.”

What is amazing is people can act like this and most of the nation sits in completely ignorance of the threat they pose. I mean what do these terrorists have to do for the American public to take them seriously?

What is amazing is people can act like this and most of the nation sits in completely ignorance of the threat they pose. I mean what do these terrorists have to do for the American public to take them seriously?

Well we should be listening, but the calls were put out by al Queda in UK.

http://www.julescrittenden.com/2007/02/04/battlefield-shifts-westward/

Battlefield Shifts Westward

The war with extremist Islam has just entered a new phase. Times of London: Al Qaeda leadership in Pakistan and Iraq have issued orders for British cells to conduct a “low-tech” campaign of abductions and beheadings.

...The experts pointed out that no … quite rightly to date … al-Qaeda was fixated on dramatic large-scale attacks. Planes falling out of the sky. International landmarks exploding. They don’t like the pennyante nature of small-scale attacks of a sort considered part of the normal fabric of life in their own neighborhoods. Because the audience wasn’t us. The audience was the Islamic world.

Now, the audience is Europe’s Muslims, hence the plan to abduct and behead British Muslims. Europe has been teetering on the brink of open ethnic warfare for some time, with brief outbursts in France. The al-Qaeda leadership isolated in their Waziri caves and dodging Hellfire missiles in Anbar apparently have just figured out that they can influence this situation. They’ve also figured out this blowing up planes thing isn’t working out for them.

Reporting on the developments in the UK suggests the focus is on Muslims who collaborate with the hated Crusaders … Muslims who are British soldiers and cops. It is only a matter of time before they turn their attention to the United States and “low-tech” operations here. And it is only a matter of time before they expand their list of beheading candidates to other sectors of the population. The Times article also discusses plans for vehicle-borne fertilizer bombs. If you’ve grown numb to the horrific death toll in Baghdad marketplaces … 130 killed by a pickup truck bomb here, 65 killed by a car bomb there … think about one of those things coming through the glass doors of your local supermarket or mall.

All of which is another reason why it is important to keep al-Qaeda busy and to keep killing terrorists in Afghanistan and Iraq … and to step up operations in Waziristan, local sensitivities notwithstanding.

Closer to home, the question is, are you ready for it? Do you think your local cops and the FBI are? The Brits have deployed the SAS. Do you figure we have sufficient counterterrorism forces ready to go?

I've always felt, that the best defense is a good offense.

That feeling is but one reason, that I've supported us going after terrorist WHERE EVER they might try to operate.

I'd say the stakes have been raised, and we need to see that raise, and raise back!:evil:

I know we have many terror cells under surveillance, looks like a good time to pull their strings, and turn the heat up.

Reacting, isn't the answer. Running these criminals to ground is.

Having been in law enforcement, one true ism was that criminals ALWAYS go back to the "old neighborhood", and "family". The harder we push, the deeper they go, till either we bag the whole lot of them, or they've gone so deep, they become ineffective.

Caution, a British tabloid:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news4.shtml

THE al-Qaeda plot to behead a British Muslim soldier was smashed after MI5 intercepted a panic order to the kidnap gang: "If you can't find a Muslim, ANY squaddie will do."

The demand, made directly to Birmingham from a terror boss in Pakistan, came after the British-based cell spent days trawling a Midlands army base for a victim.

A military source revealed: "Security services and police had been watching for them to try to grab a Muslim soldier. But as soon as we knew they were willing to take anyone in any uniform — man or woman — and cut their head off then they had to act.

"The sheer casual, callous evil of what these British guys were willing to do on the orders of al-Qaeda is beyond belief."

Now we can reveal the truth behind the Birmingham raids is even more terrifying than first thought.
# AL-QAEDA CHIEFS in Pakistan planned, ordered, directed and activated the plot. It was not a home-grown idea.
# Anti-terror police and MI5 became seriously concerned about the plot just FIVE WEEKS ago.
# None of the Birmingham suspects had recent terror training abroad. "SLEEPERS" were put in place years ago waiting to be activated.
# Suicide attacks were ruled out. Al-Qaeda wanted the group to do it AGAIN as many times as possible.
# Large bundles of CASH were handed over to the suspects to fund the planned atrocity—hiring houses, buying clothes and video cameras.​

One senior Anti-Terrorist Squad officer said: "This is even more terrifying than some of the highly complex long-term plots we have already disrupted and taken to court, such as 21/7 and the airline bomb plot. "It was barely a month in the making and its aim — to kidnap and kill one anonymous soldier — was so limited they could easily have succeeded. But the ramifications would have shocked the nation, probably the world." ...

One senior Anti-Terrorist Squad officer said: "This is even more terrifying than some of the highly complex long-term plots we have already disrupted and taken to court, such as 21/7 and the airline bomb plot. "It was barely a month in the making and its aim — to kidnap and kill one anonymous soldier — was so limited they could easily have succeeded. But the ramifications would have shocked the nation, probably the world." ...

I wonder why the Anti-Terrorist officer felt, that THIS terrorist act would have shocked the world, and have been MORE terrifying?

I'm pleased, more than that actually, that the British were on top of these people, and thwarted yet another plot. I however, feel that the more complex terrorist plots better serve the desires of the terrorist networks around the world, and when these are broken up, the "good guys" inflict much more damage to the terrorist. In addition, I feel the success of such "complex" terrorist plots would be much more terrifying, and shocking to the world.

But, thats really just splitting hairs, I say, good on them for breaking up, yet another plot.:clap2:

I think the way that most Americans treat the threat of terrorism is very much the same as they treat the threat of violence here in our society at home. If your neighbor was murdered you might buy a gun, on the other hand, if you live in a community where crime is is absent you are alot more likely to be ignorant to any threat that may become you. In truth, you are somewhat still at threat since random crime is existant.

Americans like to be optimistic. We are nation built on the underdog theory from Jumpstreet. The story of our nation's beginnings are one of the classic American underdog. Be believe in good. This unfortunately clouds the thinking of some. While some Conservatives would have us believe that Liberals want to derail American security and allow the weakening of our nation which generally is not true, some liberals do innocently subscribe to weak philosophy because of their naive nature. In doing so they add a little passion to the equation and wa-lah, they become the seemingly weak sorts that object to war, gun ownership and other somewhat conservative positions.

It starts innocently I believe. A person hates violence. They believe people should be able to live in a world without it. There certainly is nothing wrong with this position. Would the world not be a wonderful place given this be the way we all lived and had no reason to fear anything or anyone at any time. I certainly would be the first person to rise up and protest the creation of the worlds first gun, or war or any device that could lend itself to violence through the common denomonator of an evil person wishing to use it or even the possibility of such being the case.

Next is the blame! Since there are guns, and people, and people use guns to commit crimes, well, lefties in their innocense think the answer to the problem is to restrict guns from the criminals? No! They want to restrict them from the law abiding citizens who wish to protect themselves against the criminals. Of course they change their ideaology if they ever become a victim. They view war the same way. A point was made in a different thread that talked about how the left is almost anti-American because of their views about Iraq and their belief that we should leave there immediately. That is the rhetoric from the right. Lefties are not Anti-American just because they don't want to be at war. They are just dumb. I'm sorry, dumb is dumb. It's innocent, but it's dumb. Naive.

If a foreign enemy were infiltrating our streets and killing our citizens I know for sure that each and every true American would then be a subscriber to defensive war. (Of course the ones of us with no guns wouldn't be of much help) What is the difference if we know there are persons in this world who if given the chance would certainly step ashore right now and begin killing. To believe there are not such individuals is again naive!!!!!!!! It is just damn naive!

Notice the way we all seemed to bond after 9/11. Our differences disappeared for a brief. Compassion for our fellow Americans soared. We all felt violated. Personally, my soul was empty. I wanted to kill that day. I wanted somebody to pay for that. I remember watching Peter Jennings that morning refer to the "bastards" that had "done this". I felt for a moment that Jennings was my brother and together we had been attacked. Prior to that day I had probably not agreed with one damn thing he had ever said. But on that day, he was my American brother and together we had been attacked. Such was the case with any other two Americans you could name. All of a sudden we were treating each other with respect. Race relations were fantastic. People were opening doors for each other, asking questions about family and treating each other the way we should treat one another. Crime took a drastic dip for a couple of weeks, even the damn criminals felt violated. How is it then that we had to be attacked to acheive this. Where is our compromise?

When will righties learn not to be so forceful of their Conservative values down the throats of everyone?

When will lefties understand that righties have a right to live their way without being subject to Government mandated compromise.

If your enemy fears you, he will be far less likely to attack you! Joe Jackson

Slandering your President on open airwaves lends to your enemies cause. They believe you are divided. I would much rather attack a divided enemy than a unified one, what about you?

I'm done babbling!

No, good post Emmett!

Many points you made had me thinking back to those days just after 911, and found me shaking my head up, and down.

Just a thought, but maybe hitting us again, would be a REALLY BIG MISTAKE.

I know someone posted this, but it indeeds fits right in here:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1167467834546

Muslims 'about to take over Europe'
David Machlis and Tovah Lazaroff, THE JERUSALEM POST Jan. 29, 2007

Islam could soon be the dominant force in a Europe which, in the name of political correctness, has abdicated the battle for cultural and religious control, Prof. Bernard Lewis, the world-renowned Middle Eastern and Islamic scholar, said on Sunday.

The Muslims "seem to be about to take over Europe," Lewis said at a special briefing with the editorial staff of The Jerusalem Post. Asked what this meant for the continent's Jews, he responded, "The outlook for the Jewish communities of Europe is dim." Soon, he warned, the only pertinent question regarding Europe's future would be, "Will it be an Islamized Europe or Europeanized Islam?" The growing sway of Islam in Europe was of particular concern given the rising support within the Islamic world for extremist and terrorist movements, said Lewis.

Lewis, whose numerous books include the recent What Went Wrong?: The Clash Between Islam and Modernity in the Middle East, and The Crisis of Islam: Holy War and Unholy Terror, would set no timetable for this drastic shift in Europe, instead focusing on the process, which he said would be assisted by "immigration and democracy." Instead of fighting the threat, he elaborated, Europeans had given up.

"Europeans are losing their own loyalties and their own self-confidence," he said. "They have no respect for their own culture." Europeans had "surrendered" on every issue with regard to Islam in a mood of "self-abasement," "political correctness" and "multi-culturalism," said Lewis, who was born in London to middle-class Jewish parents but has long lived in the United States.

I think the West is approaching the point at where decisions are going to be made, from the people up. In the US I think while divided in so many ways, the division is more at the leadership level, with the extremes of both ends of the 'people' being the outliers.

Pretty much there is agreement towards the center that we must gain control of our borders, support the military, and win the long term war. We want to maintain our basic liberties, but not to the point of a suicide pact.

Australia seems much like the US, while Canada seems to flit between the US and Europe, more often Europe. Now Europe, that is the kicker. For all their naysaying about Guantanomo and all, they do not have the problem of rights being written or even always protected. They do censor their press. They do pass laws outlawing berkas, etc. They do shut down plays, cartoons, etc. At the same time, it's the Europeans for the most part that segregate their rapidly growing Muslim populations, fail to educate/employ their young. Then they simultaneously will bug their mosques and start serving Muslim meals in their public schools. They seem willing to fall into dhimmitude, then start deporting 'extremists.'

I do think the radical Islamics understand to some degree the uncertainty of Europe. That's why they are hitting there first. They know they'll have a fight here, whether now or later.

I'm willing to bet though, that Europe will turn this into the bloodiest war ever. They will not fight the way they've argued we should and we won't stop them if they go into Crusade mode. Don't be surprised.

If we don't keep emphasizing our conservative values, we won't survive. It's a simple fact, liberalism can and is destroying us.

What will save us? hard work, a willingness to face the truth. doing whats right. Personal responsibility.

People seem to be calling for the rights, but the refuse to take responsibilities that go with those rights. And as people forsake their responsibilities, the events set in motion become inevitable.

The perfect storm...

After turning Europe into a bloody oozing mess, the Islamic nutjobs turn their focus on America.

At the same time, our liberal "leaders" use the threat of terrorism to eliminate our right to bear arms in the style of the UK.

Outside of carrying our own machetes & always moving in gangs, we're defenseless... well, except for 911.:rolleyes:

If we don't keep emphasizing our conservative values, we won't survive. It's a simple fact, liberalism can and is destroying us.

What will save us? hard work, a willingness to face the truth. doing whats right. Personal responsibility.

People seem to be calling for the rights, but the refuse to take responsibilities that go with those rights. And as people forsake their responsibilities, the events set in motion become inevitable.

Right again! Hey, your pretty smart!:cool:

The perfect storm...

After turning Europe into a bloody oozing mess, the Islamic nutjobs turn their focus on America.

At the same time, our liberal "leaders" use the threat of terrorism to eliminate our right to bear arms in the style of the UK.

Outside of carrying our own machetes & always moving in gangs, we're defenseless... well, except for 911.:rolleyes:

Your pretty smart too!

Forum List

Back