UK Jihadis Being Called To Behead For Terror

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2583241,00.html

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    What is amazing is people can act like this and most of the nation sits in completely ignorance of the threat they pose. I mean what do these terrorists have to do for the American public to take them seriously?

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well we should be listening, but the calls were put out by al Queda in UK.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.julescrittenden.com/2007/02/04/battlefield-shifts-westward/

5. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    I've always felt, that the best defense is a good offense.

That feeling is but one reason, that I've supported us going after terrorist WHERE EVER they might try to operate.

I'd say the stakes have been raised, and we need to see that raise, and raise back!:evil:

I know we have many terror cells under surveillance, looks like a good time to pull their strings, and turn the heat up.

Reacting, isn't the answer. Running these criminals to ground is.

Having been in law enforcement, one true ism was that criminals ALWAYS go back to the "old neighborhood", and "family". The harder we push, the deeper they go, till either we bag the whole lot of them, or they've gone so deep, they become ineffective.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Caution, a British tabloid:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news4.shtml

7. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    I wonder why the Anti-Terrorist officer felt, that THIS terrorist act would have shocked the world, and have been MORE terrifying?

I'm pleased, more than that actually, that the British were on top of these people, and thwarted yet another plot. I however, feel that the more complex terrorist plots better serve the desires of the terrorist networks around the world, and when these are broken up, the "good guys" inflict much more damage to the terrorist. In addition, I feel the success of such "complex" terrorist plots would be much more terrifying, and shocking to the world.

But, thats really just splitting hairs, I say, good on them for breaking up, yet another plot.:clap2:

8. Emmett

Emmett Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I think the way that most Americans treat the threat of terrorism is very much the same as they treat the threat of violence here in our society at home. If your neighbor was murdered you might buy a gun, on the other hand, if you live in a community where crime is is absent you are alot more likely to be ignorant to any threat that may become you. In truth, you are somewhat still at threat since random crime is existant.

Americans like to be optimistic. We are nation built on the underdog theory from Jumpstreet. The story of our nation's beginnings are one of the classic American underdog. Be believe in good. This unfortunately clouds the thinking of some. While some Conservatives would have us believe that Liberals want to derail American security and allow the weakening of our nation which generally is not true, some liberals do innocently subscribe to weak philosophy because of their naive nature. In doing so they add a little passion to the equation and wa-lah, they become the seemingly weak sorts that object to war, gun ownership and other somewhat conservative positions.

It starts innocently I believe. A person hates violence. They believe people should be able to live in a world without it. There certainly is nothing wrong with this position. Would the world not be a wonderful place given this be the way we all lived and had no reason to fear anything or anyone at any time. I certainly would be the first person to rise up and protest the creation of the worlds first gun, or war or any device that could lend itself to violence through the common denomonator of an evil person wishing to use it or even the possibility of such being the case.

Next is the blame! Since there are guns, and people, and people use guns to commit crimes, well, lefties in their innocense think the answer to the problem is to restrict guns from the criminals? No! They want to restrict them from the law abiding citizens who wish to protect themselves against the criminals. Of course they change their ideaology if they ever become a victim. They view war the same way. A point was made in a different thread that talked about how the left is almost anti-American because of their views about Iraq and their belief that we should leave there immediately. That is the rhetoric from the right. Lefties are not Anti-American just because they don't want to be at war. They are just dumb. I'm sorry, dumb is dumb. It's innocent, but it's dumb. Naive.

If a foreign enemy were infiltrating our streets and killing our citizens I know for sure that each and every true American would then be a subscriber to defensive war. (Of course the ones of us with no guns wouldn't be of much help) What is the difference if we know there are persons in this world who if given the chance would certainly step ashore right now and begin killing. To believe there are not such individuals is again naive!!!!!!!! It is just damn naive!

Notice the way we all seemed to bond after 9/11. Our differences disappeared for a brief. Compassion for our fellow Americans soared. We all felt violated. Personally, my soul was empty. I wanted to kill that day. I wanted somebody to pay for that. I remember watching Peter Jennings that morning refer to the "bastards" that had "done this". I felt for a moment that Jennings was my brother and together we had been attacked. Prior to that day I had probably not agreed with one damn thing he had ever said. But on that day, he was my American brother and together we had been attacked. Such was the case with any other two Americans you could name. All of a sudden we were treating each other with respect. Race relations were fantastic. People were opening doors for each other, asking questions about family and treating each other the way we should treat one another. Crime took a drastic dip for a couple of weeks, even the damn criminals felt violated. How is it then that we had to be attacked to acheive this. Where is our compromise?

When will righties learn not to be so forceful of their Conservative values down the throats of everyone?

When will lefties understand that righties have a right to live their way without being subject to Government mandated compromise.

If your enemy fears you, he will be far less likely to attack you! Joe Jackson

Slandering your President on open airwaves lends to your enemies cause. They believe you are divided. I would much rather attack a divided enemy than a unified one, what about you?

I'm done babbling!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    No, good post Emmett!

Many points you made had me thinking back to those days just after 911, and found me shaking my head up, and down.

Just a thought, but maybe hitting us again, would be a REALLY BIG MISTAKE.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I know someone posted this, but it indeeds fits right in here:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1167467834546