UK election.

too much of the UK is run from Westminster. Real authority given to the local county councils. No second guessing. I noticed from the election map that all of the UK north of the Tyne was either Red or Yellow (For SNP)

the Conservatives keep on saying they want local controll. If they deliver, maybe there will be less anger in the north. There was only one or two conservative seats north of the wall. If that.

Gordon has resigned as PM. He's off to see the Queen to advise her to 'invite' David Cameron to form the next government.

Gordon has resigned as PM. He's off to see the Queen to advise her to 'invite' David Cameron to form the next government.

All done and dusted. Cameron is going through the formalities now.

So...piss off Gordon. Your country doesn't want you!

How long do thing this partnership with the LibDems will last? Cuz the way I see it, they are politically mortal enemies.

How long do thing this partnership with the LibDems will last? Cuz the way I see it, they are politically mortal enemies.

They will have worked out a fixed term parliamentary agreement under which neither will be able to pull the rug out from beneath each other. It could last the full term. We'll see.
At least the Labour charlatans, thieves and liars have been banished to the back benches now.

:woohoo:

They will have worked out a fixed term parliamentary agreement under which neither will be able to pull the rug out from beneath each other. It could last the full term. We'll see.
At least the Labour charlatans, thieves and liars have been banished to the back benches now.

:woohoo:

Speaking as an outsider, I think maybe a partnership between the right and left might just be the best way to go forward for Britain right now.

I liked his speech. Have you heard that Nick Clegg will be Dep. PM? That's what I'm hearing.

That's a fundamental change, isn't it? The fixed term parliament? That's gonna be fun to watch....

Last edited:
According to the BBC, Obama will shortly call Cameron to congratulate him. That'll be an interesting conversation.... Britain swings right, America swings left. Weird!

That's nice.... Obama must still have the Brits on speed dial cuz he's already called Cameron to congratulate him.

According to the BBC, Obama will shortly call Cameron to congratulate him. That'll be an interesting conversation.... Britain swings right, America swings left. Weird!

After seeing what's happening in Greece, is it any wonder they went right, Right is the only way to go unless you want to bankrupt the world. We are going to take a hard, hard right turn this November and then again in 2012. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

This is just too funny.... On Sky News, they're interviewing a few pundits and are outside the Houses of Parliament.... in the background, right behind the interviews is a sign "9/11 TRUTH NOW". WTF? Are we exporting our Conspiracy Theorists?

After seeing what's happening in Greece, is it any wonder they went right, Right is the only way to go unless you want to bankrupt the world. We are going to take a hard, hard right turn this November and then again in 2012. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Whenever there are problems, the electorate blame the incumbent. If the Tories had been in power for the last 10 years, Labour would have won. If the economic meltdown had happened on the Dems watch, the GOP would now be in control.

Most people don't understand the impact of economic policy, many of they don't know what to blame when there are problems. They just get pissed and bitch at whoever they perceive to be 'in charge'.

Whenever there are problems, the electorate blame the incumbent. If the Tories had been in power for the last 10 years, Labour would have won. If the economic meltdown had happened on the Dems watch, the GOP would now be in control.

Most people don't understand the impact of economic policy, many of they don't know what to blame when there are problems. They just get pissed and bitch at whoever they perceive to be 'in charge'.

But Brown was Chancellor of the Exchequer (or whatever they call it) during the boom years. Should he not have been more careful with the nation's finances? Given that economists were predicting the collapse back in 2001/02? He could have prevented much of the pain that Britain now faces had he been more inclined not to spend Britain into oblivion.

I watched the double act of 'Cameron and Clegg' this afternoon. I have to say, I was actually pretty impressed by both of them. They seem committed to a 5 year partnership.... They've already set the date for the next election!! :eek::eek::eek: That's unheard of in the UK, I think?

I'm really interested in how this is all gonna work. I'm naturally more drawn to the Conservative Party, but I like Clegg's attitude towards working with their 'sworn enemy' for the greater good.

I hope the British people are as inspired by these two and their ability to work together as I am.

The liberal Democrats want a referendum on electoral reform.

I hope it fails. I had a lot of fun reading the goofy constituency names during the election.

I think Brown took the LD's for granted.

I also think more authority should be devolved downward. It bugs me that particularist parties did so well in the election. This is the 21st century folks, we are supposed to be more adult than that.

The liberal Democrats want a referendum on electoral reform.

I hope it fails. I had a lot of fun reading the goofy constituency names during the election.

I think Brown took the LD's for granted.

I also think more authority should be devolved downward. It bugs me that particularist parties did so well in the election. This is the 21st century folks, we are supposed to be more adult than that.

It's been really interesting. Shame they didn't cover it more in the US.

Lots of other countries run very successfully on coalitions.... particularly in the EU.

The Libems wanted electoral reform, without a referendum is my understanding. The Conservatives have said 'we'll let the people decide'. Good compromise, I think.

During their joint press conference, one of the journalists asked about an local election that is due to be held soon (should have been during the main election but one of the candidates died so they delayed it).... Cameron said that the LibDems will campaign on their issues and the Conservatives will campaign on theirs.... but, he said, 'we'll share a car on the way there to save the petrol'. I thought that was really funny and a good answer.

But Brown was Chancellor of the Exchequer (or whatever they call it) during the boom years. Should he not have been more careful with the nation's finances? Given that economists were predicting the collapse back in 2001/02? He could have prevented much of the pain that Britain now faces had he been more inclined not to spend Britain into oblivion.

I watched the double act of 'Cameron and Clegg' this afternoon. I have to say, I was actually pretty impressed by both of them. They seem committed to a 5 year partnership.... They've already set the date for the next election!! :eek::eek::eek: That's unheard of in the UK, I think?

I'm really interested in how this is all gonna work. I'm naturally more drawn to the Conservative Party, but I like Clegg's attitude towards working with their 'sworn enemy' for the greater good.

I hope the British people are as inspired by these two and their ability to work together as I am.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think Brown thoroughly deserves his share of the blame.

Forum List

Back