UK Election May 2015

In Scotland the rise of the SNP looks likely to displace a lot of Labour MPs north of the border. Ironically this might benefit the Tories. The SNP may well want a Tory government as it is the most likely to sway the hearts of Scottish voters to consider independence next time round.

The rise in the SNP for a Westminster is due to Labour being perceived as letting down it's heartlands at the Independence vote. The are now called the red tories.

The SNP do not want a Tory Government. They intend on being in a coalition with Labour. I will be quite happy if the Greens also are in it - that way we may at last have an opportunity to pull the UK back from her ever further move to the right.

There would be a vote on Independence again if the UK voted to come out of the EU but the majority of Scot's voted to stay in which is expected.

The reason the SNP don't want a Tory government is because they will have no say in English politics anymore, and the Scots will see that they will have to raise taxes or cut the freebies that the Scots see as their perks. Scotland can vote for independence and all that goes with it, but don't expect the English to foot the bill when it fails

It is unfortunate that England has found ethnic nationalism and sure my daughter was worried that we would need to build a wall to keep the neo nazi's out. However I still trust the majority of English will keep these losers at bay. They (UKIP) are losing in the polls and last I looked not expected to get any seats.
Labour lead falls as Greens hit 20-year high in Guardian ICM poll Politics The Guardian

Seems the most favourite coalition is Labour/SNP/Greens. (above article) Fine with me.

Might be fine with you but many English no longer trust any of these parties,

Well that is clearly not true. It is England not Scotland that Labour is getting it's votes from. In addition the Greens are down in Scotland though they do not deserve to be, so you clearly are wrong about the people of England not liking the Greens as well because it is from them that the rise in the Greens has come.
we need a strong nationalist party to stand up for English/British rights.

The SNP of course is an inclusive Party. You want an ethnic Nationalist party. Come out and say it.
Far too long we have been at the mercy of neo Marxists who sold our souls and innocents for a hand full of votes.

This is fantasy and also not what a Labour/SNP/Green Government would be.

They destroyed the NHS, Education, Police and such like by cronyism.

True Labour had a part in the destruction of the NHS - I am not a Labour fan myself. However the rest was done by the Government we now have.

The people will remember that the greens want everyone to run around barefoot in homes with no heating or lighting while turbines destroy the countryside.

Green energy is good for the future if you want one. The rest is rubbish. You forgot getting rid of trident.

They will also remember the threats made by the SNP when it looked like they were not going to get their own way.

What threats were they. The SNP now have about 100,000 members just a little less than the Conservatives at 130,000 and that is up from 25,000 at the Referendum. They need to answer a lot more to their members than Labour or the Conservatives.
Why should M.P's elected for Scotland be voting on matters that only concern England, when English M.P's cant vote on Scottish matters.

I was not discussing that.
Labour has no idea on how to run a charity bookstall never mind a country, and they will just raise taxes until everyone is unemployed and destitute. Then give the country to the immigrants to destroy as they want.

With a Conservative Government we can expect another recession, many more people on the dole and perpetual war - whatever turns you on. Thankfully I do not think we are going to see this happen. It is necessary to make sure the top earners pay their taxes and of course the question over the NHS is whether you want it enough to pay taxes for it, with education and other things the same. Whether you want a cohesive society or not. Inequality in the UK is at Victorian levels.

We had 13 years of living under a nanny state we don't want it again. Just as we don't want the country to end up like Greece and be bankrupt because that is what will happen. Under the Tories we have seen a light that is getting brighter, under your coalition we would see darkness and no way out

Geeze you must be young having known only two Labour Governments. Labour however then were just neo Libs - the reason why I think the Greens and the SNP working in coalition might help to pull back from our current position of poodle to the US, perpetual war and increasing inequality.

Last edited:
In Scotland the rise of the SNP looks likely to displace a lot of Labour MPs north of the border. Ironically this might benefit the Tories. The SNP may well want a Tory government as it is the most likely to sway the hearts of Scottish voters to consider independence next time round.

The rise in the SNP for a Westminster is due to Labour being perceived as letting down it's heartlands at the Independence vote. The are now called the red tories.

The SNP do not want a Tory Government. They intend on being in a coalition with Labour. I will be quite happy if the Greens also are in it - that way we may at last have an opportunity to pull the UK back from her ever further move to the right.

There would be a vote on Independence again if the UK voted to come out of the EU but the majority of Scot's voted to stay in which is expected.

The reason the SNP don't want a Tory government is because they will have no say in English politics anymore,

The SNP traditionally do not vote on anything at Westminster which is solely to do with England. They have changed their mind for the next Parliament however - presumably because they want Labour to see them a good coalition partner.

and the Scots will see that they will have to raise taxes or cut the freebies that the Scots see as their perks. Scotland can vote for independence and all that goes with it, but don't expect the English to foot the bill when it fails

One of the reason why people did not vote for Independence was because they were bribed they would continue to receive extra goodies.

I voted for Independence. Give over on financing us. England has received far more money from Scotland than she has given for a very long time.

A Tory government would probably be the best bet for the long term for the SNP. Why because they will remove Scottish MP voting privileges at Westminster and most likely the majority of Scots will hate them for it. As a result the cause for independence will be magnified. I would love to see Scotland gain its independence as most of you guys are Leftists and distort British politics in a left wing direction.

Given the fall in the price of oil Scottish independence would have been a disaster this time round. So they should probably be grateful that they still belong to an economy which thanks to the Tories is booming.

Britain needs to move to the right. The last Labour government almost wrecked the country on a permanent basis.

A Tory government would probably be the best bet for the long term for the SNP. Why because they will remove Scottish MP voting privileges at Westminster and most likely the majority of Scots will hate them for it.

Well like I said the SNP usually does not vote on any of these issues anyway and most Scottish people that I have heard agree that when it is not relevant to what is happening in Scotland, they should not be voting. It does seem Labour who want this kept. If the reason for that is just Scottish votes well they may have lost them anyway because of their behaviour during the Referendum.

The other issue though would appear to be whether there is any reason for Scotland to stay as a part of the UK if we found ourselves in the position where a Scottish MP could not find themselves PM or Chancellor of the Executor - whether at that point we would be better to go for Devo Max possibly with the idea of shared resources - which is what the SNP asked for from the Smith Commission and basically what the Scottish people were promised in the last days of the Referendum.

I think the EU is more likely to cause a quick Referendum though most people seem to think we will be Independent within 15 years.

The SNP want Labour to win so that they can be in a coalition with them and in that way do what is best for Scotland and I suspect at this point in time also for rUK

Currently there is about a 50% chance of a hung parliament in 2015. This detailed diagram of the electoral battleground maps out the several possible outcomes. The growth of SNP support in Scotland creates a genuine four-party system at Westminster with a range of possible coalition permutations. Conservative support is given by the horizontal axis, and Labour support by the vertical axis. The current support position (Con 30.7%, Lab 33.2% at December 2014) is shown by the circular blue marker inside the "Lab choice of Lib/Nat" zone, where Labour can choose its coalition partner.

Alex Salmond's likely return to Westminster may be well-judged. There are several zones where the SNP would be an essential part of any two-party coalition, and their total probability is 33% as at December 2014. That means that there is a good chance, at odds of only two-to-one against, that Alex Salmond will be a kingmaker or deputy prime minister of the next UK government.
Electoral Calculus

As a result the cause for independence will be magnified. I would love to see Scotland gain its independence as most of you guys are Leftists and distort British politics in a left wing direction.

We don't though. That is the very biggest reason for Independence to get the country our political will wants - not necessarily wanting to distort, though the way England is going at the moment has my hair standing on end. I was so pleased to see a possibility of Labour/SNP/Greens coalition - bring Labour back from the neo libs to serve her own people - although most of labour now are out of fee paying schools, to University to working at Parliament, for free at first. It is surely because there is no one serving the WC that people other than the oldies are going for UKIP - was BNP before. I would not mind being a part of the UK so much if it was interested in things like social justice and fairness.
Given the fall in the price of oil Scottish independence would have been a disaster this time round. So they should probably be grateful that they still belong to an economy which thanks to the Tories is booming.

The thought has crossed my mind. I still need to look again at economic things to see how much of a difference it would be, whether it was for instance the little nest egg the SNP said or whether it would make a big difference. Of course if it were being run by ourselves, it would be run differently. Same with Green Energy which we have a tremendous advantage over but the current government has not been keen on investing in.
Britain needs to move to the right. The last Labour government almost wrecked the country on a permanent basis.

If Britain moves any further to the right it will fall off the world and that will have horrendous consequences.

It is unfortunate that England has found ethnic nationalism and sure my daughter was worried that we would need to build a wall to keep the neo nazi's out. However I still trust the majority of English will keep these losers at bay. They (UKIP) are losing in the polls and last I looked not expected to get any seats.
Labour lead falls as Greens hit 20-year high in Guardian ICM poll Politics The Guardian

Seems the most favourite coalition is Labour/SNP/Greens. (above article) Fine with me.

Might be fine with you but many English no longer trust any of these parties,

Well that is clearly not true. It is England not Scotland that Labour is getting it's votes from. In addition the Greens are down in Scotland though they do not deserve to be, so you clearly are wrong about the people of England not liking the Greens as well because it is from them that the rise in the Greens has come.
we need a strong nationalist party to stand up for English/British rights.

The SNP of course is an inclusive Party. You want an ethnic Nationalist party. Come out and say it.
Far too long we have been at the mercy of neo Marxists who sold our souls and innocents for a hand full of votes.

This is fantasy and also not what a Labour/SNP/Green Government would be.

They destroyed the NHS, Education, Police and such like by cronyism.

True Labour had a part in the destruction of the NHS - I am not a Labour fan myself. However the rest was done by the Government we now have.

The people will remember that the greens want everyone to run around barefoot in homes with no heating or lighting while turbines destroy the countryside.

Green energy is good for the future if you want one. The rest is rubbish. You forgot getting rid of trident.

They will also remember the threats made by the SNP when it looked like they were not going to get their own way.

What threats were they. The SNP now have about 100,000 members just a little less than the Conservatives at 130,000 and that is up from 25,000 at the Referendum. They need to answer a lot more to their members than Labour or the Conservatives.
Why should M.P's elected for Scotland be voting on matters that only concern England, when English M.P's cant vote on Scottish matters.

I was not discussing that.
Labour has no idea on how to run a charity bookstall never mind a country, and they will just raise taxes until everyone is unemployed and destitute. Then give the country to the immigrants to destroy as they want.

With a Conservative Government we can expect another recession, many more people on the dole and perpetual war - whatever turns you on. Thankfully I do not think we are going to see this happen. It is necessary to make sure the top earners pay their taxes and of course the question over the NHS is whether you want it enough to pay taxes for it, with education and other things the same. Whether you want a cohesive society or not. Inequality in the UK is at Victorian levels.

We had 13 years of living under a nanny state we don't want it again. Just as we don't want the country to end up like Greece and be bankrupt because that is what will happen. Under the Tories we have seen a light that is getting brighter, under your coalition we would see darkness and no way out

Geeze you must be young having known only two Labour Governments. Labour however then were just neo Libs - the reason why I think the Greens and the SNP working in coalition might help to pull back from our current position of poodle to the US, perpetual war and increasing inequality.

Lets see where to start.

The English in the North of the country were let down by Labour who not only turned a blind eye to child grooming and rape but actively encouraged it. They had the police threaten concerned parents with arrest if they did not stop reporting the rapes of 12 year old girls. So expect a massive drop in Labour support in the north, just as we are seeing a massive drop in Labour support in Scotland.
Maybe you want those monstrous wind turbines near you droning away when the wind is just right, many don't. Maybe you want to be without heating and lighting 90% of the time, many don't. Maybe you can find jobs for the 4,000 civilian workers that will be unemployed when Trident goes because the SNP cant

The SNP has shown that they are a racist party with its last leader slated for his anti English racism. Scotland in amongst the most racist countries in Europe.

The Labour party policies are to tax, tax, tax to pay for their champagne lifestyle and the glut of immigrants they will allow in. They will have the NHS spending £billions on diversity and translators rather than spend on the people who need it the most and have paid for its upkeep. They will do the same with Education and we will have an unemployment epidemic again and a welfare bill greater than our GDP. The Tories have started to turn this around and are looking at halting the economic migrants from the EU coming here for our welfare.

Green energy is not what you think it is. What good are wind turbines that don't generate 90% of the time. What good are water turbines that kill the ecology, what good are bills so high that people die of hypothermia and starvation because they cant afford the heat or the cooking. Those are your green policies that are fantasies. You want to see what the Greens do then Look at Brighton and see how rubbish is piling up in the streets, why it has the worst recycling in the whole country and why it is empty because of sky high parking fees.

Try the threat of privatising the Oil industry when the companies threatened to pull out and cap the wells. The threat of using the £ anyway and tying the Scots economy to the Bank of England. The threat of removing Trident from Scotland by force.

That is the only reason the SNP has approached Milliband, so they can lord it over England. That is another reason that Labour will fall flat on their face.

How do you work that out when the economy is back to how it was under Labour in 2006, the dole queues are back to the 2006 levels. You want a viable NHS then make people pay, and stop pandering to immigrants. Charge the drunks and druggies for treatment and refuse to treat anyone without a UK ID card unless they have a valid medical insurance certificate. Education is easier if they cant speak English charge them for the training up front before placing them in mainstream schools. In short stop wasting money on neo Marxist ideologies and .

I am old enough to remember Winnie as P.M and have seen how Labour has always destroyed the country with its communist policies. From the 3 day week to constant strikes, from power cuts to wars.

OH! and I travel to Scotland and have faced the anti English hatred shown by many Scots so don't start on that as an excuse.

The reason the SNP don't want a Tory government is because they will have no say in English politics anymore,

The SNP traditionally do not vote on anything at Westminster which is solely to do with England. They have changed their mind for the next Parliament however - presumably because they want Labour to see them a good coalition partner.

and the Scots will see that they will have to raise taxes or cut the freebies that the Scots see as their perks. Scotland can vote for independence and all that goes with it, but don't expect the English to foot the bill when it fails

One of the reason why people did not vote for Independence was because they were bribed they would continue to receive extra goodies.

I voted for Independence. Give over on financing us. England has received far more money from Scotland than she has given for a very long time.

So you justify the small amount going south like this do you, after we footed the bill back in 1700 aqnd have been paying ever since. You want to hope that the English don't get a chance to vote on the Union as at present we would cut you adrift

Not sure what you are basing that on. Basically London and the South East of England fund the rest of the country. Scotland just about breaks even neither giving or taking.

London s taxes prop up the rest of the UK One pound in every five earned in the capital funds the rest of the country This is Money

Research during referendum time. Scotland after the South East is the most wealthy part of the UK. Nowhere near London and the South East of course which has been invested in to the detriment of the whole of the UK. Not necessarily a lot - of course but Scotland has given back more than she receives for a very long time. That is what I said and that is what is. The belief that we are relying on London for financial sustenance was destroyed before the Referendum even got going and accepted even by the then leader of the Scottish Conservatives Annabel Goldie.

Not sure what you are basing that on. Basically London and the South East of England fund the rest of the country. Scotland just about breaks even neither giving or taking.

London s taxes prop up the rest of the UK One pound in every five earned in the capital funds the rest of the country This is Money

Research during referendum time. Scotland after the South East is the most wealthy part of the UK. Nowhere near London and the South East of course which has been invested in to the detriment of the whole of the UK. Not necessarily a lot - of course but Scotland has given back more than she receives for a very long time. That is what I said and that is what is. The belief that we are relying on London for financial sustenance was destroyed before the Referendum even got going and accepted even by the then leader of the Scottish Conservatives Annabel Goldie.

Only because of Trident and the offshore oil/gas industry. Remove Trident and the west coast goes down the pan, oil has already stopped production on most wells so what is Scotland providing now. Remember the bet Salmond made and was forced to pay up on last week, that brent crude would not fall below $50 a barrel, and it is still dropping.
You forget about the £2000 subsidy paid to every Scot every year, and how when that stops under devo max or independence Holyrood will need to increase taxation to meet the bills. Did you know the big names in food retail have already warned of a pull out as they are struggling to break even in Scotland, due to transport costs and higher taxes already. Then there is the employment generated by the South that would disappear if the SNP had their way, the 4000 employed directly by Trident, with another 10000 employed indirectly. Before the referendum it was forecast that upwards of 60000 jobs would be lost as a result of a yes vote, that is 60000 less taxes paid, 60000 less health insurance, 60000 less wages and the downside 60,000 more welfare claimants. So who will foot that bill when the time comes, did you hear Salmonds reply to those facts, he said that the Scots government would employ them doing the same Job. Now either he is lying about Nuclear power or he does not know what he is talking about.

It's rather comforting that much of Hadrian's Wall still exists, albeit in sad disrepair. Still, a bonnie rehab project to boost youth employment one day!

Saw the plans for the border crossings along the border, passport control and such. Seems that the immigration people realised that illegals could enter Scotland and flee south into England

Forum List

Back